Miramax Films | Release Date: April 16, 2004
8.2
Universal acclaim based on 603 Ratings
Watch Now
EveningSunSep 10, 2004
A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, A great conclusion to a brilliant movie phenomenon. Though not as fast-paced and adrenaline-pumping as Volume 1, the second part leaves a better aftertaste. Tarantino has not only shown that he's still the king of gritty crime movies, but also how effortlessly he can handle romantic and emotional aspects to a marvellous effect. When put together, Kill Bill will stand as one of the greatest motion pictures of the new milennium. And after reading Johnny U.'s post - Do you honestly believe that just because you can't see a movie's good qualities that means there are none, and thus everyone rates that movie a 10 because the hype tells them so? Judging from your way of writing, it seems the only comment on the movie is "an absolute boreathon". Well, Johnny, maybe you should start judging a movie from its script, acting and direction too? Because these are the things that have made Tarantino's movies famous, and if you can't notice these things in a film, you shouldn't be commenting here at all. Collapse
1 of 1 users found this helpful
KimY.Sep 17, 2005
The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all The first film was all action and very little to no character development or plot. All that comes in this part 2. And it's so much better! The action was very fast paced and over the top i the first one. Now we find out what it was all about and just who these people are. Tarantino has made a true epic when you put these 2 films together. And this part 2 shines far beyond the all action part one section. Expand
1 of 1 users found this helpful
HyliadOct 7, 2011
Amazing movie, director and actors. All the characters are interresting, the action scenes are awesome, and Taratino knows how to surprises the viewer. A reference.
JudddyOct 4, 2010
Gory, unbelievably exciting and featuring fight sequences that will have you drooling on the edge of your seat, the concept is incredibly simple. 'KILL BILL'.
Definitely up there with 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Inglourious Basterds' as Quentin
Definitely up there with 'Pulp Fiction' and 'Inglourious Basterds' as Quentin Tarantino's best film to date, it is an old fashioned horror/comedy/drama that is just so entertaining!
StevenFMay 7, 2013
It's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this wasIt's bigger, deadlier and much much better than Volume 1, which in itself was a fantastic film, but Kill Bill Volume 2 delivers a sucker punch in dramatic storytelling with wonderful homages to martial arts films of yesteryear, and this was mastered without there being as much action as the first.
Right off the mark, we need to remember that this is a continuation, that these two films were supposed to be one, so to recap, The Bride (Uma Thurman) is on a revenge mission to hunt out those who betrayed her, former colleagues of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad, led by Bill (Dennis Carradine).
This time around we meet Budd (Michael Madsen) who is now living in a trashed out trailer and getting by as a bouncer, until The Bride shows up. We are also reintroduced to Elle Driver, the one-eyed assassin from the previous instalment, with a much bigger part to play this time around.
Volume 2 confidently ties up all the loose ends of the first outing, the story is broader in scope to allow more of a human touch to the colourful proceedings, but still using past films to capture the true nature of the story.
While not as violent as the original, there is much more dialogue in Volume 2, the fact that the whole 'saga' is in fact one film shows true balance to the story, The Bride at first is full of hatred and revenge, but now realises she has almost reached the end of the road, and this makes for much more interesting and intriguing scenes with The Bride and of course, Bill.
Quentin Tarantino has now proved his ability to tell a compelling story through various body movements and the art of filmmaking and creating the perfect scene to capture that one defining moment, and that is where the cinematography exceeds in every level in this film.
Uma Thurman delivers another driven performance as The Bride, and yes, her real name is revealed in the film. Her continuing motivation to capture the essence of a character is what makes her a suitable lead, something which will always leave a lasting effect. Dennis Carradine is typically charming yet deadly as Bill, his references to comic books and how superheroes reflect human nature is genius, and shows the powerful dialogue that Tarantino can create.
The action scenes still do exist, while not is colourful, they are certainly memorable and beautiful to watch.
my advice is to sit and watch these two films as a whole, and to receive a true masterclass in filmmaking and how to put across a simple story for everyone else to be interested in.
paulgreenFeb 23, 2012
I like Tarantina's films! I like Uma Turman and this film is amazing! Love it ! It is me favourit film!
grandpajoe6191Sep 21, 2011
Slightly cleaner and organized than its prequel, but nevertheless its a messy film.
joeym.Dec 25, 2005
The best movie ever created.
2 of 5 users found this helpful
aznassassinDec 14, 2012
(NOTE: This review covers only Vol. 2 of the Kill Bill Saga. For Vol. 1, see my profile page. For a complete overall score on the entire Kill Bill saga, see after this review)
Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates
Part 2 of this elaborate revenge, murder rampage concentrates more on the actual plot and less on the violence. Is that good thing? No, not at all. The violence and fighting sequences as well as the unique blend of Asian cinema homages and cinematography are what actually kept Vol. 1 above 5/10 for me. However, for Vol. 2, the homages and unique style of Vol. 1 is almost completely non-existent (no, the training segment with Pai Mei does not qualify to a homage as its cliche' as hell and has been done hundreds of times in modern films), the action sequences are reduces to a few disappointing minutes, the actual movie itself is set in some of the most bland locales (as opposed to exotic locations of Vol. 1), and the characters...you just dont care anymore. The new characters dont really bring much to the table and are all uninspiring to the point of mediocrity. You can almost feel that Thurman herself as a character is losing steam as opposed to her great portrayal in Vol.1. And finally, they decided to focus on the plot, the weakest aspect of the entire saga. Well, I guess they have to. Imagine Transformers with barely any cool fight sequences and have Shia Lebouf and Optimus Prime talk for most of the film. This is like Vol. 2 - instead of more violent sequences in the unique style and soundtrack as pinpointed by Vol. 1, Vol. 2 decided to just throw all that in the bin and opted for a more quiet and ultimately, more lacking concluding film which, while wraps up Kiddo's tale (the final 'boss fight' just feels disjointed and lacks tension), is at the end of the day, becomes a cliche' drama rather than an action thriller. Dont watch this on drunk nights like Vol. 1, instead just read the wikipedia plot section. You're not missing anything by not watching it. Throwing away the elements which made Part 1 fun, Vol. 2 of Kill Bill is a mediocre, disappointing conclusion that feel like a Samurai warrior who basically used up all his strength for the first half of the fight while for the second half, decides to use a gun instead to finish his opponent. OVERALL: With Vol. 1 and 2 taken into considerable, Kill Bill feels disjointed with dramatic shifts to pace that just feels unnatural. Decent fight sequences, coupled with unique film styles and homages to Asian cinema make the first half of the saga enjoyable if you're feeling a little bloodlustful wheras you may be disappointed at the ending and concluding hour where the pace slackens and action is thrown out the window. Kill Bill as a whole with Vol. 1 and 2 combined receives a 6/10. A decent, intriguing piece of cinema that will divide audiences and is ultimately an enjoyable thriller for those after something more raw and intimate.
HelpUJul 19, 2009
Everything in the movie seems out of place right down the over exaggerated action scenes to the terrible story.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
ElliottC.Sep 28, 2006
Another bomb from plagiarism king Quentin Tarantino. If you're going to steal from other movies, why not steal the good scenes and write around them?
2 of 12 users found this helpful
LiefS.Sep 5, 2007
i know the two kill bills were originally intended to be one long movie but be that as it may, the second one did not do it for me. we went from seeing the slaying of the crazy 88 in the first movie to a three second chair fight against the i know the two kill bills were originally intended to be one long movie but be that as it may, the second one did not do it for me. we went from seeing the slaying of the crazy 88 in the first movie to a three second chair fight against the main villain Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
evilDNov 25, 2005
The first movie was all action, this one is all plot, and I realize they split them for, actually I don't know, probably just to maximize the profits for what is, essentially, a cheap kung-fu flick. Granted, the action, though rare, is The first movie was all action, this one is all plot, and I realize they split them for, actually I don't know, probably just to maximize the profits for what is, essentially, a cheap kung-fu flick. Granted, the action, though rare, is fantastically over the top, but the long close-ups, the 10 minute spans of silence while NOTHING happens, all of those "Tarantino-isms" just get tiresome after a while. These could have EASILY been abridged and combined into a single, 2-hour film, but it seems we got the "Director's Cut" by default, and ultimately it ends up being a waste of time and money. I gotta sit through 3 hours of paper-thin plot spread out over TWO films just to see a half-hour's worth of action? That sucks! I AM a fan of Quentin's work, but this is mostly just self-indulgent "look how much time I wasted watching old, BETTER samurai flicks." Worth a rental, but after rewinding back over the action a few times, you've seen all you need to. Expand
0 of 4 users found this helpful
AlejandroR.Feb 24, 2006
This is the first movie I had to give a 0. This movie was so bad. This movie was one of the worst I have seen. Kill BIll? Or kill the cast and crew?
0 of 4 users found this helpful
1966ZodiacAug 16, 2010
Quentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots ofQuentin Tarantino is a HIGHLY overrated director. All his movies are over the top with no good storylines and stupid sequences with one liners. I really didn't like this movie that much. It was entertaining at times but there are lots of better martial art flicks. This movie doesn't deserve to be on imdb's top 250 and neither does the first. Quentin Tarantino is not a genius he's just a guy with a sick mind who shows it to everyone. People may call him artistic I say he's full of sh*t. Any artist could just take a canvas and randomly start painting crap that's completely orignal on it people may like it but I say a real artist takes time to work on the details and everything. Expand
Brian_McInnisJan 5, 2011
If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has consistently been my favorite director
If, in 'Kill Bill Vol. 1', Quentin Tarantino made one of the best
movies for people who love Japanese grindhouse, then in 'Vol. 2' he
made one of the best movies for people who love movies. Tarantino has
consistently been my favorite director and 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the
greatest of all his films to date. This isn't a sequel to 'Vol. 1', as
he didn't decide to split 'Kill Bill' up until just after he finished
shooting, it's simply the second half. 'Vol. 1' is an excellent,
excellent film, but no where in the range of this one. I grin
ear-to-ear all the way through this movie.

'Vol. 2' is Quentin's most visually beautiful movie yet (and the
magnificent opening chapter, shot in gleaming black-and-white, is
resplendent to a degree that is profound, as is the great sequence at
Pai Mei's ancient abode, shot in gloriously seventies-style
over-saturated greens and glaring whites), and it's where his flair for
spaghetti-Westerns comes out the most. As in all of Tarantino's films,
the dialogue is an unadulterated joy.

This is nearly his least violent (and actually also almost his least
talkative) film yet, and I've read both the original script and David
Carradine's 'The Kill Bill Diaries', about all he saw of the making of
the movies, and it's clear that many of Quentin's best decisions had to
do with diminishing or removing the action. In place of the more
obvious strategy of showing us a detailed sequence of the Deadly Viper
Assassination Squad gruesomely gunning down the people in the chapel,
he decided no, pull back and let us just listen to a brief event from a
distance, observing it in a kind of silhouette. And in place of Bill
firing a warning shot at the Bride and holding her at gun-point while
she walks towards a couch to seat herself, he decided Bill simply
regards her casually, his pistol just visible at his waist, of which
they are both aware. In the earlier idea, all suspense would have been
spent with the warning shot. When Bill relates the tale of Pai Mei to
the Bride, he decided it would be more effective to let us use our
imaginations while listening to Bill's ponderous speech by the
camp-fire in the dark than to play seventies Kung Fu footage of Pai Mei
in action over the monologue.

The first time I saw the movie, the first big thing that struck me was
Budd. His is a great and
tragic character, and Michael Madsen is a great actor, and his
performance begins in a singularly perfect scene with Carradine which
shows us his indifference to, and acceptance of, his approaching
probable demise. And for a long stretch the Bride is forgotten, and we
simply follow Budd into the lonely strip club he tends bar at, getting
a taste of what his existence has become, of his disappointment and
withdrawal from life (the scene where he argues with his boss Larry and
finally relinquishes both his hat and his pride is worthy of applause).
Every time I watch the scene of the Bride's sneak-attack on him, I am
more amazed by how exquisitely constructed the whole sequence is. A
long, meticulous build-up ending in unexpected truncation is a
trade-mark of Quentin's, in action as well as dialogue. What Budd does with the Bride is endlessly fascinating to me in its brilliant, primeval simplicity. This is the stuff of great myths. In the last chapter the tone of the film changes from the grandiose, Tarantinian adventure of the first four chapters and settles into an intimate dialogue between the story's two central characters (and one other, for a time), in which Quentin subtly and expertly simmers the tension and danger that exists between these two supremely deadly assassins. This section of the film is in keeping with an other trade-mark of Quentin's, that of inserting elements of simplest, uttermost reality into an over-the-top, epic story. With Quentin's help, David Carradine produced a magnificent performance in this film, as a man who is possibly even more laid-back than Carradine was himself (and who delivers three great monologues), but who can be deeply, genuinely menacing. 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' is the most joyful, the most exciting, the most glorious celebration of the cinema I've ever seen. It is Tarantino's deepest and most emotionally powerful film by far (and the often over-looked sequence of the Bride slowly preparing herself before leaving a bed-room to face Bill is one of the very best in the film). It has both the best and second- best uses of music I've heard in a movie (if not more). The climax of the Bride's raggedly magnificent confrontation with her wicked rival Elle evokes in me the emotion of sheer love. And the scene of the Bride's triumph over the designs of Budd has become my central image of the cinema. This is a movie that bursts with human life, and with its director's signature passion and love of the movies. I can't tell you how many times I've put the D.V.D. in to look at a specific part, and then ended up watching the whole damn thing again.
cabritaAug 10, 2012
I feel as though Tarrantino's wasted his own and the actors talents. Unlike most of his movies the films talky scenes are boring and stupid. I loved the rest of his movies but Kill Bill vol 2 just sucks.
CooterPatooterMar 3, 2012
Highly overrated, ridiculously overlong, highly plagiarized yawner that makes little sense. Stale and action-free from start to finish. The first film was shoddy, but at least it was moderately ENTERTAINING! Tarantino at his absolute worst,Highly overrated, ridiculously overlong, highly plagiarized yawner that makes little sense. Stale and action-free from start to finish. The first film was shoddy, but at least it was moderately ENTERTAINING! Tarantino at his absolute worst, unless you count his performance in From Dusk Til Dawn... Expand
Trev29Mar 31, 2012
This movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal andThis movie took me by surprise because it was so different than the first one. However, that only made it better. This movie has such an impressive essence about it. Uma was very convincing and brilliant in this film. It is brutal and unsympathetic in its nature. Among one of the best films ever. A true masterpiece. Expand
DaveB.Mar 2, 2008
Loved it! It does not surprise me that some people don't though. Quentin T is an acquired taste. Loved the first one too! This guy makes movies the way I would, if I only could. He pulls no punches. Oh, and both movies had some great tunes!!!
alexbAug 10, 2008
Another beauty from a brilliant man. This movie is a psychological wonder. The ending was perfect because it mirrored the Bride and Bills warrior ability. This is why I love movies so much, and this is why I love Tarantino so much.
KMMar 19, 2009
Though it wasn't blood splattering fun like the first, it is a great movie all its own and it ends up giving a great conclusion to the epic.
DavidSApr 26, 2010
THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack THIS is the kind of movie I want to see more of. Flawed, unpolished, and borderline inaccessible to half the population, but incredibly unique, ambitious, and memorable. Tarantino ignores the flat standards set out by hollywood and its hack critics. This is not a "good" movie. This is not a polished movie. This is not a movie that recognizes, nor cares about, what fans of the first want to see. This is, purely and simply, a work of art in its rawest, most personal form. And it is incredible to behold. Expand
VictoriaApr 18, 2004
[***SPOILERS***] This movie was absolutely amazing. Although without Volume 1 would not be half as great as we all hold it. Speaking of Volume 1, Volume 2 makes 10 times better. Since everything is finally explained, this movie has absolute[***SPOILERS***] This movie was absolutely amazing. Although without Volume 1 would not be half as great as we all hold it. Speaking of Volume 1, Volume 2 makes 10 times better. Since everything is finally explained, this movie has absolute greatness. Although there was less action and more feeling in this one, it was still filled with the fights. Especially the showdown between The Bride and Elle. One of the greatest parts of the movie was the part about snatching Elle's eye, and when Elle says "I killed your master". It was genius. Overall I give Kill Bill Volume 2 a 10 because I thought it was amazing. Expand
JamesMDec 20, 2005
Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Those ten minute scenes where nothing happens? When was this? Perhaps I was reaching for the popcorn or saying something to a friend when these ten minute scenes took place. Taranino is known for the energy in his films, and even though Kill Bill Vol. 2 (and also Jackie Brown) took on a more relaxed tone doesn't make them elegible for criticism such as yours evil D. And I quote: "I gotta sit through 3 hours of paper-thin plot spread out over TWO films just to see a half-hour's worth of action? That sucks!" Perhaps you should go back to watching Commando. Expand
PatrickD.Apr 18, 2006
I agree with evil D. This was better than the first, (Thank God) but it was so slow. So slow...... It's trying to un-do the shallow-ness of the first. But, we spend more time learning about Bud than learning about the hero. Every scene I agree with evil D. This was better than the first, (Thank God) but it was so slow. So slow...... It's trying to un-do the shallow-ness of the first. But, we spend more time learning about Bud than learning about the hero. Every scene is overstuffed, ecspecially the part when Bill and The Bride are talking. I remember my mother saying something about the superhero speech being overdrawn. True, true. Expand
KendoJJun 10, 2009
7.6 Perfect sequel to a very cool movie. Alternately hilarious and excruciating. Pai Mei is a brilliant caricature.
GavinCJul 27, 2009
Less action, more talking but it somehow lives up to the original's standards.
JayF.Feb 19, 2006
Like volume one, "A truly beautiful and violent piece of filmwork from Quentin Tarantino".
MarkG.May 18, 2007
What's not to love about this movie? Fair enough, its not your type of film, but why even bother attempting to critisize the very elements that make is fantastic?? Tarantino, a self confessed comic book geek throws a comic book story at What's not to love about this movie? Fair enough, its not your type of film, but why even bother attempting to critisize the very elements that make is fantastic?? Tarantino, a self confessed comic book geek throws a comic book story at us on the big screen. Sharp, trademark, witty dialogue and adrenaline fuelled action scenes make this film two and a half hours of simple Tarantino fun. The Kill Bill franchise is one of a kind, and prehaps instead of 'know-all so-called film reviewers' condemning this film for its lack of realism and over-stuffed scenes, they should sit back and actually look at a piece of work that stands out brilliantly against the bleak and bland overly-used hollywood plot formulas. Great film. Great director. Expand
DanK.Apr 16, 2008
I loved the first one, it was so amazing to watch a movie with iconic moments and swift action sequences. The first was intentionally designed to make you react on a gut level not a brain level. The problem here is that this film just goes I loved the first one, it was so amazing to watch a movie with iconic moments and swift action sequences. The first was intentionally designed to make you react on a gut level not a brain level. The problem here is that this film just goes on too long with so little material. Even the eventual showdown with Bill is a letdown and the samurai violence that the first one was great for has become joyless and depleted. This film is much different and probably owes more to the spaghetti western genre than the samurai/exlpoitation genre, but it fails at that to. Nothing is inconic, everything is forgettable. I would watch it once if you are dying to find out what happens, but after that, you'll have already forgotten why you cared. It was the journey that counted, and volume 1 was the better half of that journey. Expand
ArkonBladeAug 23, 2010
pretty much like the first film . your nostalgia will affect how much you like this film . its a little slower paced then the first but fills in the story gaps . i liked this movie about the same as the first . its entertaining but doesntpretty much like the first film . your nostalgia will affect how much you like this film . its a little slower paced then the first but fills in the story gaps . i liked this movie about the same as the first . its entertaining but doesnt pull off the fun that sin city pulled off. Expand
JacobAug 25, 2015
Kill Bill Vol. 2. is about as engaging as Vol. 1. although while it has more substance than the last film it lacks the action. The fight scenes are few and far between and the dialogue scenes in-between while serving to flesh out theKill Bill Vol. 2. is about as engaging as Vol. 1. although while it has more substance than the last film it lacks the action. The fight scenes are few and far between and the dialogue scenes in-between while serving to flesh out the characters are dull in comparison to those in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. When the action does come on it is either way too goofy or shallow and lacking in bite. Even when the action is fun it doesn’t come close to matching the climax of the first film. Kill Bill Vol. 2. still manages to be engaging but it doesn’t represent Tarintino at his best. Expand
Paul_YoonSep 20, 2010
Although Kill Bill: Vol. 1 is greater movie than Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Kill Bill: Vol.2 more concentrates on revealing the shocking moment and half-like epic story rather than Kung-fu fighting or stylistic action.
spazzinmekonNov 17, 2010
This along with the prequel to this are definitely the collab of the best movie ever made. I love to watch Vol. 1 and 2 as if it is just one big movie. I LOVE the fight scenes, the more unlocked tells of the other members of the squad and theThis along with the prequel to this are definitely the collab of the best movie ever made. I love to watch Vol. 1 and 2 as if it is just one big movie. I LOVE the fight scenes, the more unlocked tells of the other members of the squad and the story of the Bride before all things went south for her. LOVE THE MOVIE!!!!!!!! Expand
SixellaFeb 13, 2011
There seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of theThere seems to be some confusion in evilD's post. So that you don't get the wrong idea, Kill Bill was not made into two movies to maximize profits. The length of the movie if combined was longer then anticipated. The "over the topness" of the movie is purposeful, creating a homage of old Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese Chanbara films, exploitation films and spaghetti westerns. Tarantino captures both visual and audial senses of the viewers with the amazing soundtrack to great camera work! Though some may say it had a shallow plot, it was the story of the bride that really held me down in my chair. I can proudly say Kill Bill Vol.1 and Kill Bill Vol.2 are my favourite movies. Expand
TokyochuchuMay 29, 2016
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 isn't quite as fun as it's crazy predecessor and features nothing to rival the that film's climax, but it's still a great movie filled with memorable scenes and performances.
HalfwelshmanJun 12, 2012
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impressesKill Bill: Vol. 1 allowed Quentin Tarantino to show off his panache for crafting thrilling and stylish action. Vol. 2 allowed him to prove that he is also a master of character development and affecting drama. Uma Thurman once again impresses as The Bride, and this time her character is allowed to become a real human being driven by emotions beyond those connected to a desire for revenge. Michael Madsen also makes his mark as Budd, Bill's brother and another former assassin on The Bride's kill list, who is long past his best and quite understanding of her need to kill him and his former associates, proclaiming with a hint of remorse "That woman deserves her revenge, and we deserve to die". Fittingly, seeing as he's the titular character and primary antagonist of this two-part epic, the late David Carradine's Bill is utterly mesmerising. He completely embodies the enigma and contradictions of his character - a caring father and also a violent mercenary, a philosophical big-thinker but also heavily reliant on animalistic instinct, a stoic outward appearance but not above crude insults. He's a superb character creation of Tarantino's, and is easily one of the best, most terrifying, interesting and layered movie villains of all time. While the story is enthralling throughout, where the film reaches its true potential is with the final act. You'd be forgiven for expecting an extravagant final battle, blade-to-blade between The Bride and Bill, as that's what we've been lead to believe we've been building to. What Tarantino gives us instead is a taught, tense and sublimely written final conversation between the two characters. The result is a far more original, intelligent and satisfying conclusion to this incredible revenge saga. With the first volume of Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino managed to make lowbrow filmmaking respectable; with Vol. 2, through accomplished direction, a brilliant cast and flawless craftsmanship, Tarantino elevates trash to high art. Expand
TaediumJul 22, 2011
Kill Bill... is cool. Really, really cool. It's Quentin Tarantino. He's cool. Really, really cool.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Kill Bill isn't supposed to be believable. It's supposed to be... cool, brilliant, and tastefully ridiculous. And that's exactly what Quentin Tarantino does best.
hoops2448Sep 26, 2011
Its rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when sheIts rare that I give a film 10/10 or 5 stars but this film truly deserves it. It is the perfect culmination of the two films. The first film acted as a great origins film looking back on what brought The Bride to where she was when she started her quest for vengeance but it had its flaws (ultra violence only works in small quantities, just ask Total Recall). Kill Bill Vol 2 works with what the 1st volume had already established but rounded out the remaining targets as well as The Bride herself. The emulation of classic Kung Fu films further accentuated the characters and there admiration for the art. In the 1st volume that was something only touched on briefly and most characters suffered because they were not properly build with O-Ren Ishii being nothing more than a mob boss. Volume 2 shows Bill to be both a complex character with multiple urges and desires but also a extremely childish character who is incredibly impulsive. Yet again Tarrantino's script is so nuanced and detailed that every conversation comes off as real in a film that even embraces the cheese of vintage Kung Fu movies (fast zoom and all). Despite the fact that the film had a problem with momentum there was never a moment when I wasn't completely encapsulated in what was happening on screen with the Pai Mei scenes being extremely riviting despite serving very little purpose. The main draw however was understanding these characters, what drives them, why they need what they need. Daryl Hannah's Elle is one such character whose seething hatred of The Bride would seem like petty jealousy if you had only seen the 1st film but there is so much more to it and this film succeeds in every aspect of character. If there is anything wrong with this film it would be Budd's section (not that there is anything wrong with Michael Madsen) because there were scenes that just served no purpose at all, not even a little and yet were shoehorned in to give Madsen something to do. The finale of the film is both riveting and deeply emotional with everything that had been set up by the final moments of Volume 1 culminating beautifully and the final scene with The Bride (whose name is revealed) on the bathroom floor just describes how detailed this film really is. A masterpiece in every sense of the word. Also, who knew making sandwiches could be so captivating. Expand
sinadoomAug 17, 2013
Kill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction,Kill Bill volume 2 is almost a completely different film to the first. Where volume 1 is purely action-driven with a lot of uncensored blood & gore, this one is the opposite. The first volume had some excellent scenes and fantastic direction, but lacked depth in its story. Volume 2 provides this backing, and does it in an immersive way. Every moment feels like it was expertly directed and put together. There is perhaps only one or two moments of actual violence in this film, the rest is purely story and character driven. However, the beauty of it is that there's not a single minute where you're bored and wishing for more of the brutal combat shown in volume 1. There are a lot of subtle but powerful messages in this film, and in my opinion more than make up for the lack of action. The fact that all the action is in volume 1 and the story in volume 2 actually makes the film more unique in my opinion, rather than having a generic mix of the two. I think this film is passable stand-alone, but you need to have seen volume 1 to appreciate it more and understand why there isn't much action in it. Overall, a must-see if you have watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and want to know more about the story. Expand
LuizCCNov 15, 2011
Best than it's predecessor, this volume show us how creative Tarantino's mind can be. Showing the revenge of the Bride aka Beatrix Potter - Uma Thuman, in her best acting ever, even better than in Pulp Fiction- we get the blood we need, andBest than it's predecessor, this volume show us how creative Tarantino's mind can be. Showing the revenge of the Bride aka Beatrix Potter - Uma Thuman, in her best acting ever, even better than in Pulp Fiction- we get the blood we need, and even another great character, Elle Driver -Daryl Hannah, once again, great. Brilliant. Expand
ozcodeNov 16, 2011
I recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending ofI recently just watched both movies for the first time i have to by it self this movie is not much to talk about, but seeing vol.2 the movie was extremely better as a whole. This one by itself was really good and i really liked the ending of it all. I recommend especially anyone who is a fan of the old kung fu movies Expand
spadenxJan 5, 2012
A lot better sequel then I expected. The story ended good and the acting was great as well. It was also a lot more interesting this time around as well. I enjoyed it a lot more then the first film.
JudgeHoldenSep 9, 2012
Not so memorable as Kill Bill Vol. 1 for me, a bit touchy sometimes and naive at moments (e.g. the daughter's plot), thanks to Madsen and Carradine I found it really enjoyable. It's Tarantino ok, the references to westerns, noir, and kung-fuNot so memorable as Kill Bill Vol. 1 for me, a bit touchy sometimes and naive at moments (e.g. the daughter's plot), thanks to Madsen and Carradine I found it really enjoyable. It's Tarantino ok, the references to westerns, noir, and kung-fu movies are cool, but a bit schematic and dull to some extent. Expand
imthenoobMar 18, 2012
Definently the better of the two films. Acting is a lot better, So is the action. It ended in a good way as well. Definently worth watching imo. I really liked it.
beingryanjudeAug 28, 2014
Every so often a sequel surpasses its predecessor, Kill Bill Vol. 2 does that by a long shot. Volume 2 is tighter, swifter and much more entertaining.
csw12Mar 30, 2012
I feel the same way about Kill Bill Vol. 2 as i did the first. Again no big deal with solid acting and slightly better action scenes. The ending though is way overdone. Please just Kill Bill already.
schyguy96Dec 17, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When looking at Kill Bill: Volume 1, you look for a fun action movie, a stylistic revenge flick. You get that in Volume 2 as well, but the dramatic leanings of the film are much more evident. To take Volume 2 asa great movie is something that is easier to do than Volume 1, and it works. The highlight of the film, by a wide margin, was the finale scenes with Beatrix and Bill talking, their short battle, and coming to terms with Bill's death. David Carradine's acting was superb, and I fail to see how he was not nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor the year this film was released. A great movie, plain and simple. Expand
SpangleMay 8, 2014
Certainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all TarantinoCertainly less action-packed than the first one, Part II of this film returns many of the elements that made the first film a success, namely Uma Thurman being a total badass and then the dark comedy that is a trademark in all Tarantino films. In addition, the omages to samurai and spaghetti westerns is perfectly done (and is almost done comedically too). In addition, this film does a better job than the first at providing depth to the characters and figuring out events that we simply saw glimpses of in Volume 1. The acting is also really good, especially Thurman and David Carradine. Michael Madsen also turned in a solid supporting role. However, the best thing this film provides is entertainment. Like its predecessor, this one is endlessly entertaining.

In terms of the script, it is admittedly incredibly cheesy. At times, I caught myself thinking, "Really? They put that in?", but as it is undoubtedly intentionally bad, it is not really a major knock against this one. Also, my more major knock is the ending. It is very...unsatisfying and anticlimactic. We're waiting for this moment the whole time and then...ok? I just wish that the ending was more of what the film was seemingly leading up to, rather than a detour from that script.
Iky009Jan 6, 2014
O filme simplesmente um máximo
joef123Nov 24, 2012
This movie wasn't as violent, and well written as its procedure, The acting is way more better, especially Thurman's performance.
TheWalrus2000Mar 9, 2013
It escapes from its silly setting and focuses on all plot. But even with one of the best performances of all time from Uma Thurman, Tarantino still can't escape from Kill Bills messy plot.
SplashMagikarpJun 26, 2013
The Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as oneThe Bride continues to seek her vengeance by searching the man responsible of the grace shot she received. It is the perfect combination of gore, action and Tarantino touch in a single movie. (Considering Kill Bill vol.1 and vol. 2 as one film) It should be recognized as a MUST see at anytime given. Expand
KPHooksApr 7, 2013
This film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and willThis film is less of a sequel and more a continuation of the Bride's story. This one contains more philosophy and a sense of urgency leading to the final confrontation with Bill. Tarantino has succeeded in creating a masterful story and will go down as one of my favorite sets of films. Expand
levitt_jrAug 31, 2013
meskipun dengan action yang kurang dari film sebelumnya, namun kekurangan itu berhasil ditambal dengan cerita yang menarik dan dialog2 yang baik, uma thurman tamah mengkilap di film ini namun dua jempol patut disematkan pda David Carradine asmeskipun dengan action yang kurang dari film sebelumnya, namun kekurangan itu berhasil ditambal dengan cerita yang menarik dan dialog2 yang baik, uma thurman tamah mengkilap di film ini namun dua jempol patut disematkan pda David Carradine as Bill auranya dalam film itu sungguh powerful banget Expand
TheApplegnomeJun 25, 2016
It might not succeed VOL 1, but Tarantino sure did succeed once again. The direction of this film is as predicted very artistic and splendid as usual. It’s funny and crazy – just what Tarantino is famous for. It’s an enjoyable ride with manyIt might not succeed VOL 1, but Tarantino sure did succeed once again. The direction of this film is as predicted very artistic and splendid as usual. It’s funny and crazy – just what Tarantino is famous for. It’s an enjoyable ride with many ups and downs, including a well illustrated villain with a clear motivation. But this isn’t as fast-paced nor entertaining as VOL 1 – not even close. There’re even some unclear motivations of some of the characters that they apparently forgot to clear out. But it got way more character depth — and it sure is an action-packed and bloody, & perhaps (for some) too bloody film. But it sure is a wild one!

Personal rating: 70/100
Critical rating: 75/100
FranzHcriticMay 31, 2016
The second half ties up everything both neatly and blood-soaked. Continuing the tense actions, the dramatic camerawork, the dialogue that I love Tarantino for, he continues the joyride for another two hours. His films are almost never boring.The second half ties up everything both neatly and blood-soaked. Continuing the tense actions, the dramatic camerawork, the dialogue that I love Tarantino for, he continues the joyride for another two hours. His films are almost never boring. Have to love the allusions the most, though. As a film buff, it always makes me smile. Expand
MovieGuysApr 29, 2014
Kill Bill Vol. 2 delivers a slightly less of a punch than Vol. 1, but it goes more in depth about the story aspect, and less on the Bride slicing the limbs off The Crazy 88.
calhouniteNov 15, 2014
not much except for the greatest love scene ever. "You've saved the kung woo heart exploder pincer move just for me?"

"I'll just crawl over here and die now."

two hours too late for the movie
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
Not as full on as the first- with less action and more talking- but the style and delivery is perfect in adding substance to the story and concluding it well.
oDjentoDec 30, 2015
I am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjunction with Hateful 8 release. I found this film easier to watch as it had more of a focus on the dialogue of the film than the action sequences and it just seemed pacedI am going back and reviewing all Tarantino films i have watched in conjunction with Hateful 8 release. I found this film easier to watch as it had more of a focus on the dialogue of the film than the action sequences and it just seemed paced better. I still wasn't feeling too involved with the characters and was a bit ambivalent to the story probably because of its odd comic tone but i nevertheless enjoyed this film more.
chwAug 16, 2014
Not as good as the first volume, since this volume was incredibly slow but does pick up a bit, but it has a fantastic conclusion at the end of the movie.
Viper8787May 30, 2014
Another good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typicalAnother good film by QT I think that a lot of his stuff is overrated but not this one I really enjoyed this one. It is not as gory as the first but it is better. There are some really cool fight scenes and a great story and dialogue typical in most QT movies. The acting in this movie is great as they make all of the characters really mysterious which I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely check this one and the firs one out. Expand
horcrux2007Sep 3, 2014
"Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is even better than the first part! It's not as action-packed, but it covers more of why The Bride is so hell-bent on getting revenge which makes up for the slower parts of the film. Volume 2 is bigger, bolder, and better"Kill Bill: Vol. 2" is even better than the first part! It's not as action-packed, but it covers more of why The Bride is so hell-bent on getting revenge which makes up for the slower parts of the film. Volume 2 is bigger, bolder, and better than Volume 1. Expand
JohnMasterLJul 21, 2015
Un final perfecto, Kill Bill Vol 2 es mas dialogo que acción, pero eso no le quita la perfección, el guion es simplemente único y original, Quentin Tarantino me sigue sorprendiendo, la forma en la que escribe es tan admirable y entretenidaUn final perfecto, Kill Bill Vol 2 es mas dialogo que acción, pero eso no le quita la perfección, el guion es simplemente único y original, Quentin Tarantino me sigue sorprendiendo, la forma en la que escribe es tan admirable y entretenida que incluso los diálogos son mas divertidos que las secuencias de acción. Al igual que su primera parte, las escenas de acción son un homenaje a las grandes películas de Kung-Fu (Sobre todo a Bruce Lee) Junta las 2 partes y obtendrás un espectáculo de 4 horas único, divertido y espectacular. Expand
RobertOBrienFeb 12, 2016
It's hard to believe that Kill Bill was intended to be one big movie, because Volume 2 feels like a completely different film. There's less action and more backstory, character and emotion.

And despite my love for the crazy violence of

And despite my love for the crazy violence of Volume 1, all those things I mentioned that Vol. 2 exceeds are more important to making a great film in my personal opinion. And Tarantino manages to make this an emotionally memorable experience that I think exceeds the first film, with it's intricate style, characters and story. Nothing particularly original happens in this revenge, but it's done so well that it really doesn't matter.
mtackett11Dec 11, 2015
Kill Bill Vol2 is not nearly as imaginative or fun as the original. It does have some good moments, but the "big" fight between Bill and the Bride was sorely a let down and the movie itself drags on for way too long. We do get some good backKill Bill Vol2 is not nearly as imaginative or fun as the original. It does have some good moments, but the "big" fight between Bill and the Bride was sorely a let down and the movie itself drags on for way too long. We do get some good back story about the bride and how she killed Bill's other members. There are some good dialogue and a few good action scenes. But, the movie takes too long to get the end and by the end, there is not a lot left to care about. Why spend this much time building up to what was basically a revenge plot? I used to own these movies because people thought I would love them. I don't, but i know they are not bad movies either. I did like the first volume a lot better because of the throw back to old Asian action movies. Vol. 1 was innovative and fun. It was short on story, and character, but it was fun. This movie takes out the fun and imaginative points of the first one and instead gives us a drawn out too long wanna-be spaghetti western (you are better off with the Clint Eastwood man with no name trilogy), but it is good if you are a Tarantino fan.
This is not a bad movie by a long shot, but for me, it was a big disappointment.
TonyEngineerNov 13, 2015
It is hard to believe the good reviews this pretty but shallow teenage wet dream has had. This script is hackneyed and trite, the imagery no better than second rate comics, and the outcomes as predictable as **** A total yawn..
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
Though some of the dialogues were lengthy, and made me yawn a bit, everything just fell into place as the movie progressed to its climax. Kill Bill 2 is all about the emotional dilemma and conflicts that result to unimaginable consequences.Though some of the dialogues were lengthy, and made me yawn a bit, everything just fell into place as the movie progressed to its climax. Kill Bill 2 is all about the emotional dilemma and conflicts that result to unimaginable consequences. One of the best action movies ever made! Expand
EpicLadySpongeApr 18, 2016
I don't know how Volume 2 manages to be better than Volume 1, but this installment quickly surprised me every single minute with a single detail this movie can't leave behind.
Scrat2015Apr 21, 2016
A very good movie, I think that it was better than vol. 1 because it has more story than violence and the blood effects were better but I still think that the story is a bit simple and I dont like the music, but it's a good movie.
TsareenaOct 14, 2017
An amazing sequel to vol 1. it loses points for not being as fast paced but it closed out Kiddo's tale perfectly. Also has one of my favorite fight scenes ever.