7.7

1. Aug 28, 2013
    Very good film, kept my attention from the begginning to the end. The historical background is very nice, and the personality of the characters, especially that of the protagonist, are very interesting. For me it was impossible to not be thrilled by the thoughts of being in their place, in the most isolated place in the oceans, with just a wooden balse, and travel thousands kilometers with that sometimes crazy leader. It is the kind of movie that I want to tell everyone I know to watch. Expand
  2. Jun 23, 2013
    This is a wonderful movie! It's the best film I've seen all year. Reminded me of "Life of Pi" but better.
    The action is riveting with special effects that enhance rather than exploit the narrative. It's nice to see a return to intelligence in special effects movie making. But call me old fashioned; I like movies that tell a story.
    And everyone knows it's a great story. This film is just
    an energy boost from beginning to end. And the music and acting are superb. I think this film will get some Academy Award notice. The Weinstein brothers nail it again. Bravo! Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2013
    Great Norwegian movie about Thor Heyerdahl. The movie is exciting as well as dramatic, one of the best Norwegian movies ever made in my opinion. Must watch!

1. Reviewed by: Mike Scott
    Jun 21, 2013
    Roenning and Sandberg never dig deeply into the real, underlying motivating force behind Heyerdahl's voyage aboard the Kon-Tiki -- the name of his visually unimpressive but ultimately seaworthy raft -- other than relying on the fact that he wanted to prove his theory correct.
  2. Reviewed by: Donald Liebenson
    Jun 11, 2013
    While the wind goes out of its sails a few times along the way, this is a ravishingly photographed, old-fashioned man-against-the-elements adventure epic propelled by human-scaled heroics.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    May 30, 2013
    For most of its running time, it's a riveting rendition of a stranger-than-fiction tale.