Weinstein Company, The | Release Date: April 26, 2013
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 40 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
lasttimeisawAug 21, 2015
Oscar's BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE PICTURE nominee of 2012 from Norway, KON-TIKI is an ambitious endeavour from directors-duo Rønning and Sandberg (currently are recruited by Hollywood to shoot the fifth instalment of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEANOscar's BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE PICTURE nominee of 2012 from Norway, KON-TIKI is an ambitious endeavour from directors-duo Rønning and Sandberg (currently are recruited by Hollywood to shoot the fifth instalment of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN franchise), to recount the story of Norwegian national legend Thor Heyerdal’s monumental near 5,000-mile expedition on a balsawood raft (named Kon-Tiki) sailing from Peru to Polynesia in 1947, to simply prove that it is possible for South Americans to migrate in Polynesia in pre-Columbian times.
keep reading my review on my blog: please google - cinema omnivore, thanks!
chwAug 20, 2014
Kon-Tiki is a really good movie, probably the very best foreign movie I've ever seen (Monsieur Lazhar was also good, so that's why it's PROBABLY the best).
Luiz_FelipeAug 28, 2013
Very good film, kept my attention from the begginning to the end. The historical background is very nice, and the personality of the characters, especially that of the protagonist, are very interesting. For me it was impossible to not beVery good film, kept my attention from the begginning to the end. The historical background is very nice, and the personality of the characters, especially that of the protagonist, are very interesting. For me it was impossible to not be thrilled by the thoughts of being in their place, in the most isolated place in the oceans, with just a wooden balse, and travel thousands kilometers with that sometimes crazy leader. It is the kind of movie that I want to tell everyone I know to watch. Expand
maggiepJun 23, 2013
This is a wonderful movie! It's the best film I've seen all year. Reminded me of "Life of Pi" but better.
The action is riveting with special effects that enhance rather than exploit the narrative. It's nice to see a return to intelligence in special effects movie making. But call me old fashioned; I like movies that tell a story.
And everyone knows it's a great story. This film is just an energy boost from beginning to end. And the music and acting are superb. I think this film will get some Academy Award notice. The Weinstein brothers nail it again. Bravo!
VinceMMay 25, 2013
This was a moving experience to view. Mr. Heyerdahl had a clear goal to prove by his efforts that Polynesia was settled by sailors from Peru on rafts 1500 years ago and not by sailors from Asia. He had many doubters and obstacles toThis was a moving experience to view. Mr. Heyerdahl had a clear goal to prove by his efforts that Polynesia was settled by sailors from Peru on rafts 1500 years ago and not by sailors from Asia. He had many doubters and obstacles to overcome but his faith was unshakable. When he finally reached his destination after a long and dangerous journey (101 days), he wept when he touched the ground. So did I.
Now I understand why Oslo, Norway built a museum to permanently house Heyerdahl's raft as a fitting tribute to the courage of this man.
MuffinrexApr 29, 2013
Great Norwegian movie about Thor Heyerdahl. The movie is exciting as well as dramatic, one of the best Norwegian movies ever made in my opinion. Must watch!