Kramer vs. Kramer

8.7

1. adityam
    Aug 24, 2009
    This, I say, is a very good movie. Hoffman and the Boy have given enough of them for us to be convinced of the Film's Premise. Meryl Streep is silently excellent.
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    The film strikes a chord because it so effectively captures the beauty of parenthood rather than giving us a lot of corny fakeness that most sentimental films such as this are abundant with.
  3. Apr 5, 2012
    What a great movie is this! A classic...! It raises a real issue. Well, I am not sure how is that in America now; thankfully, here in Australia the laws are more sensible. Being a mother myself, I can totally relate with the story. Although I haven't faced a situation like that...the feelings of parenthood are there. This film is moving, and one can't help but experience empathy forWhat a great movie is this! A classic...! It raises a real issue. Well, I am not sure how is that in America now; thankfully, here in Australia the laws are more sensible. Being a mother myself, I can totally relate with the story. Although I haven't faced a situation like that...the feelings of parenthood are there. This film is moving, and one can't help but experience empathy for Hoffman's character. A beautiful movie! The best was the boy! Yet, to me, not quite a 10. Expand
  4. Aug 27, 2014
    Often painful to endure... but that's nearly the point: to become so emotionally heart-wrenched by these characters. The acting is superb... I mean, this is Meryl Streep's first Oscar after-all.

1. Misogynistic claptrap about a divorced husband (Dustin Hoffman) fighting for the custody of and learning to cope with his little boy (Justin Henry) - a movie whose classy trimmings (including Nestor Almendros's cinematography) persuaded audiences to regard writer-director Robert Benton as a subtle art-house director.
    Kramer vs. Kramer is a movie of good performances, and it had to be, because the performances can't rest on conventional melodrama.
  3. Even when its emotions run a bit out of control, Kramer vs. Kramer is a strong and positive film. Its performances are first-rate, from Hoffman and streep down to Howard Duff (as a divorce lawyer) and a terrifically talented lad named Justin Henry, who visibly matures in his portrayal of Billy, the contested kid.