8.1

1. Oct 4, 2011
    Recently, Dreamworks has been working hard to improve their story and dialogue, and they did use their time wisely. Their animation "Kung Fu Panda" blows it all, from comedy to action, like a boss.
  2. Nov 18, 2010
    One of dreamwork's best. I got a karate kid feel from this. Jack Black was perfect for this role. I was laughing alot also. its a perfect family movie
  3. Sep 5, 2011
    After seeing the cutesy "Over The Hedge" and a beediocre disappointing "Bee Movie", I rolled my eyes when I met an action flick known as "Kung Fu Panda" and I enjoyed it.

The storyline was well-paced and it had a creative atmosphere that lies in the very existence of kung fu and has done anything to get some things done. It had some very emotional moments with gave this movie a heart to
    the original story.

The cinematography was magnificent when it comes to make a wonderful cast to play their rightful voices for the characters. Jack Black and Dustin Hoffman made an awesome mix of Po and Master Shifu because of their own personalities, different expositions, and their only chances of becoming friends to one another near the end of the movie. Ian Mcshane's performance as Tai Lung was amazing and his frightening presence gave me the shivers. James Hong as Po's father (who obviously played Chi Fu in Disney's Mulan) was very entertaining. The cast of the Furious Five were very good and they were given a little bit of screen time and were developed near the end of the movie which makes Angelina Jolie, David Cross, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, and Jackie Chan very memorable in this animated feature film.

The CGI animation is very amazing and somehow beautiful in most animated feature films, The characters were very likable and memorable that even ex-Disney animators would find them entertaining, the comedy was hilarious with Po's moments and the sets stayed very true to the Chinese culture. The action scenes were very intense and very unique which makes this movie the first CGI cartoon to have action sequences.

The music score by Hans Zimmer (The Lion King, The Road to El Dorado) and John Powell (in other Dreamworks Animation features) was very memorable and a lot of emotion to it to describe the characters feelings and the academy awards proved it.

The only problem that I do have with this movie was the clunky plot/script and not only that. It was too predictable.

Kung Fu Panda may not be a masterpiece, but it's a surprisingly good animated kung fu flick. It made $631 million dollars at the box office and it was as epic as Disney's The Lion King.

4. Dec 22, 2011
    Another solid movie from Dreamworks, the animation doesn't seem to age (at least not as much as Madagascar), the jokes are mostly great, the voice acting is fantastic and the story seems to work very well. It's better than Madagascar, but not quite as good as the likes of Shrek (the first 2) or How To Train Your Dragon. A very awesome film nonetheless.
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda has great visuals, but the real reason for Kung Fu Panda being so awesome is that the story is great and Po the panda is among the best animated characters ever.
  6. Feb 15, 2014
    Kung Fu Panda may have a simple story and some characters who aren’t given much development but that does not make this bad movie by any means. Kung Fu Panda is the best Dreamworks film, one made on their own, since Shrek 2. This film trades in excessive pop culture humor, which was getting a tad annoying in such films as Bee Movie and replaces it with heart, a good message (along with a clever way of explaining it), and occasional slapstic. Also, the film has likeable characters and excellent animation. It is very clear that the filmmakers really cared about turning around a great product and they did. This film is definitely worth checking out. Kids will love it immediately and older kids and adults will enjoy it as well for the reasons I just stated above. This film may seem like a generic Dreamworks film but it is miles ahead of most of their stuff by actually being entertaining. For so long Dreamworks has failed to turn out something highly entertaining relying heavily on gimics and Aardman, who they chose to let go, to keep their movies afloat. This movie is a breaf of fresh air and a major turnaround for a company that had lost some steam critically following the Shrek movies. Again this film is definitely worth checking out. To Dreamworks all I have to say is this keep it up I look forward to seeing more good products from you especially the team involved on this film. This movie isn’t Pixar quality but that doesn’t stop it from being fun and entertaining Expand
  7. Oct 11, 2010
    I really had high hopes for this movie, especially when I heard Jack Black and Jackie Chan were in it. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed with the movie. With the exception of Po and Shifu, all the characters, especially the furious five, were one-dimensional. Lame plot, and I barely got to hear Jackie Chan! And now they're making a sequel? DreamWorks, unless you make this sequel your "Dark Knight", you won't be seeing me watching Kung Fu Panda 2. Expand
  8. Oct 4, 2010
    This film was a stunning move by Dreamworks, rating among the top animated films of all time alongside Pixar in my opinion. The animation is breathtaking, the action superb (it is a rare feat for animated films to provide adrenaline-rushing action sequences) and the story, although carrying a familiar moral message, is simple but sweet. If Dreamworks can continue to brighten the film industry with fun, awesome films such as this, then Pixar had better watch out! Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    Funny, entertaining. Long story short, it had the lot.
  10. Jun 2, 2011
    Easily one of the best animated pictures of recent times with excellent voice talent, a solid and touching script, and a main character that we all can relate to. The film is also beautifully scored by Hans Zimmer, and at many times, the score drives the emotional and energetic levity. One of my favorites!
  11. May 25, 2012
    This is definitely a great movie. I love the story, it's very clear and interesting. The graphics were great so it has visual impact to viewers. Definitely, one of Dreamworks' best...........
  12. May 31, 2011
    Kung Fu Panda is not an average kung fu film. It's great and unique. It also teaches great morals to those just starting on their path, a main one being to believe in your dreams.
  13. Dec 27, 2011
    "Kung Fu Panda" - 1 Line(ish) review! B+!

Very cool animation style, good for kids and "adults", Jack Black is great - some of the other high priced "voice talent" seemed a bit of a waste though. And I don't know how I feel about people saying that Po reminds them of me...

14. Aug 15, 2011
    This movie was very interesting for me.The main character is very unique character. At the end of this movie , He became very strong , but he was also fan.
  15. Sep 14, 2011
    This is the best comedy movie. Well animated, well taken, great action and awesome characters. Po is destined to be the dragon warrior but why can't his dad visit him.
  16. Sep 30, 2011
    it will take forever to find the flaws in this movie: there are none. the action is so spectacular, that it seems impossible to do by humans. that is where animation truly shines.
  17. Dec 4, 2011
    Wonderful movie, promises a great start to a whole series of movies of Kung Fu Panda. (Unfortunately, I recently found out after watching Kung Fu Panda 2 that they are partnering with the Nickelodeon Channel to make a Kung Fu Panda TV Series. It is quite disappointing.) Always will be a family classic. It portrays great messages, like self-discovery, strength and faith.
  18. Apr 1, 2012
    This would be a 9.25 out of 10. Animation is really good. It looks pretty cool. Acting is real good. Music and story are really good as well. It also has really good action scenes, and is sometimes real funny. Overall, this is a great film. You and your family should go and see it.
  19. May 14, 2012
    Kung Fu Panda is easily one of the best Dreamwork movie. It haves a great plot and a well animation. It haves even funny moments. Overall is a peaceful and extreme movie. Worth watching. (9.4)
  20. Nov 3, 2013
    I quite enjoyed "Kung Fu Panda". It has lots of funny scenes and great Kung Fu animations. But the plot is predictable that's the weakness. It lacks surprises but it's definitely recommended for kids.
  21. Mar 27, 2013
    A fabulous coming of age tale of an overweight panda (Jack Black) who meets his idols, the Furious Five, kung-fu masters. Angelina Jolie, Lucy Liu and David Cross are among the cast, joined by Dustin Hoffman as Master Shifu.
  22. Jul 4, 2013
    Dreamwork's Animation's continuation of different animals talking to each other, while doing unusual things that the animal species usually does not do still bothers me, but has little to affect this film. While "Kung Fu Panda" may feel a bit cliche and developed to mainly kids, it still brings a huge number of laughs and is fun to watch. Kung Fu Panda also suffers with the fact that it feels done before, just kid-fied and with animals (it reminded me alot of Karate Kid). The universe is odd animals fighting each other and wearing clothes?. While it's an odd premise and a simple one at that, it's still funny and will leave you and your kids to laugh (especially your kids). Expand
  23. Nov 12, 2013
    Warm, touching, and fruitful script, coupled with amazing animation technique, make this kung fu parody funny and entertaining. Excellent voice choices, in particular Jack Black, and, surprising, a lack of the common corny plot lines in regular animation. Loved it since it came out.
  24. Mar 1, 2014
    A great family movie, as well as engaging as a story itself, Kung Fu Panda is well-executed, has great animation, and features beautiful shots of gardens, palaces, and mountains in China.
  25. Nov 26, 2013
    I shouldn't say that this was a bad movie, because it wasn't. Although, the beginning was hard to watch, but it got a lot better, with the comedy I've come to love about the whole movie.
  26. Nov 13, 2013
    Kung Fu Panda is spectacular.
    The movie from start to finish works with the very enjoyable personalities of its characters. The animation is good, the pacing is perfect, and the screenplay is dynamic.

This is a solid family film material, although one suspects the children will get a little more out of it than their parents.
  2. The stroke of genius is, of course, the film's hero -- the big, lovable bear that is the Chinese panda.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A nice looking but heavily formulaic DreamWorks animation entry.