8.7

1. NathanG.
    Aug 22, 2005
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. It brings shame to all movies.
  2. JakeM.
    Apr 8, 2002
    Stay away! Stay far, far AWAY!
  3. RyanM.
    Feb 1, 2002
    "Kung Pow" is quite possibly going to end up being the worst movie of 2002.
  4. DouglasY.
    Jul 30, 2002
    I was considering suicide during this movie, but then realized that the movie itself was already killing me slowly. Quite possibly the worst movie ever.
  5. Ninjamafia
    Jan 10, 2004
    I know I'm gonna get chewed out for giving this movie such a low score but really, I didn't like it. Okay, the plot was ridiculous, although that is actually passable since it is a comedy, and a kung-fu film. So lets get right down to it. This movie tries to make fun of kung-fu movies by doing some pretty bad jokes that tend to repeat and never really goes for some joke only a I know I'm gonna get chewed out for giving this movie such a low score but really, I didn't like it. Okay, the plot was ridiculous, although that is actually passable since it is a comedy, and a kung-fu film. So lets get right down to it. This movie tries to make fun of kung-fu movies by doing some pretty bad jokes that tend to repeat and never really goes for some joke only a kung-fu fan would get. This movie goes for the blatantly obvious fart jokes instead of something atleast a tiny bit more intricate. Also, how many people here actually have watched more kung-fu films than Crouching Tiger and Iron Monkey? Not alot i suppose. Kung-fu films generally are hilarious enough with their bad acting and ridiculous storyline. It is kind of like making a joke out of a joke. The intentionally bad acting could have been forgiven if it weren't for the fact that they replaced the dialogue with such horrid and utter stupidness. Now, don't get me wrong, I love stupid movies, I could sit through Bill and Teds excellent adventure and still have a hell of a time, however, this film was too stupid for its own good. Spoofing dubbed kung-fu movies is kind of like trying to make a joke out of a really funny joke, it never works. That is how this movie is. I'm sorry, I just couldn't sit through this film a second time around. Hell, I could barely sit through it the first time around. Expand
  6. Eyvind
    Jan 31, 2004
    That was the worst movie I've ever seen! I was mildly entertained for the first like 10 minutes but after that the movie felt longer the 3hr Citizen Cane movie that had held the title of worst movie I've ever seen before I saw KP!: ETF. I think I would have died from a brain hemmerage if the 'intermission' hadn't saved me from complete and total mental shut down. That was the worst movie I've ever seen! I was mildly entertained for the first like 10 minutes but after that the movie felt longer the 3hr Citizen Cane movie that had held the title of worst movie I've ever seen before I saw KP!: ETF. I think I would have died from a brain hemmerage if the 'intermission' hadn't saved me from complete and total mental shut down. I would quite litterally rather watch paint dry because at least then I could escape into my own imagination and not be held hostage with a gun of stupidity held at the back of my head... Expand
  7. JonI.
    May 9, 2004
    Easily and by far the worst movie ever made. I litteraly felt like I was going to puke it was so bad. I have never not finished a movie and it took all my restraint not to rip it out of the vcr and burn it so no one else could ever be torchured with that particular copy. Not one redeaming quality in the whole damn thing. Please someone put on Glitter or Gigli anything but this.
  8. DerekP.
    Aug 7, 2004
    This is by far the 2nd worst movie ever conceived by man!!! I think the only movie that could top this terrible piece of trash is either Star Trek: The Origional Motion Picture or perhaps Casino Royale! Terrible jokes, nasty animation grade 10 students could crate in their comm tech classes, and oh wait....that's just about the whole gut of the movie. I now feel dumber for watching This is by far the 2nd worst movie ever conceived by man!!! I think the only movie that could top this terrible piece of trash is either Star Trek: The Origional Motion Picture or perhaps Casino Royale! Terrible jokes, nasty animation grade 10 students could crate in their comm tech classes, and oh wait....that's just about the whole gut of the movie. I now feel dumber for watching this, and I hope the executives at 20th century fox feel terrible if they see my suicide induced death in the obiutaries tomorrow. Expand
  9. jsteale
    Jan 10, 2006
    I saw this movie and it was thoroughly not funny. If you think you like goofy/dumb movies it still won't work. I love movies that are funny only in their immaturity, this one couldn't be funny unless you were perhaps on lots of drugs.
  10. TomL.
    Aug 23, 2002
    Why in God's name did this movie make it to the theatres.
  11. AMovieBuff
    Apr 28, 2003
    I don't mean to be offensive but, this is the most dreadful movie ever! I couldn't wait for it to be over. It's really that horrible! It has jokes that aren't funny, one of the dumbest plots ever, and the movie is obviously bankrupt with the cheap sets and background. If you think this movie is funny I don't know whats wrong with your brain. I don't know how I don't mean to be offensive but, this is the most dreadful movie ever! I couldn't wait for it to be over. It's really that horrible! It has jokes that aren't funny, one of the dumbest plots ever, and the movie is obviously bankrupt with the cheap sets and background. If you think this movie is funny I don't know whats wrong with your brain. I don't know how hollywood even allowed this to be a movie! What the hell were they thinking! Trust me, if you know what good movies are then you do not want to see this movie! Nuff said. Expand
  12. MoogooguypanL.
    Jul 18, 2004
    Not even a gigle. Who is the brainless exec that allowed this to be produced. Dont lose those precious minutes of your life watching this, you'll nenver get those minutes back.
  13. Rory
    Feb 5, 2005
    If you like your eyeballs, do not see Kung Pow. It is not good for eyeballs.
  14. MichaelF.
    Jun 30, 2006
    do not listen to any reviews over 5/100. this has to be the worst excuse for a movie ever. it boasts immature and dumb jokes ever brought up in history riled up in one of the worst plots i have ever seen. only hardcore comedy fans would even think about liking a movie this disgraceful.
  15. DavidC.
    Dec 20, 2009
    Hilarious if you're about eight years old and Kenan and Kel is your thing.
  16. MarkD
    Dec 27, 2009
    A derivative heap of clinical waste, without any redeeming features. I was forced to watch this tripe from beginning to end and consider it about two hours of my life I'm never going to get back.
  17. MarkK.
    Apr 17, 2009
    Humor? What humor? This is the type of thing that would impress a five year old. It's just bad. Very bad. And I don't even mean the so bad its good kind of bad.
  18. K.P.
    Jan 16, 2004
    This movie is essentially one joke extended over an hour and a half. Sure, the idea is semi original. But originality goes only so far in the hands of a director/writer with the mental capacity of a 2 year old. I have low expectations for comedy films. I don't expect a brilliant plot, or top notch directing. All I want is a movie that will make me laugh. Even with those standards This movie is essentially one joke extended over an hour and a half. Sure, the idea is semi original. But originality goes only so far in the hands of a director/writer with the mental capacity of a 2 year old. I have low expectations for comedy films. I don't expect a brilliant plot, or top notch directing. All I want is a movie that will make me laugh. Even with those standards this movie fails in every way. Expand
  19. PatC.
    Jan 31, 2005
    Captivating as only a work lacking even total incompetence can. They could have done a much better job and still made the completely stupid movie they set out to do. It's easy to tell the moments of genuine hilarity. They appear accidental. But let's award an extra point for the pasture fight. We now know where dairy products from uncontented cows come from.
  20. DougH.
    Jul 28, 2005
    Steve Oedekerk has to be one of the least funny people on the planet. This movie is about as necessary as a Family Matters rerun marathon and less than half as entertaining.
  21. Apr 13, 2013
    Complete crap. And I mean, a 2 hour film of just a steaming pile of doo would be more interesting than this. Other than there be NO cohesiveness with the film, it was basically just old Kung Fu footage with "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" dubbed over ALL of it. I hated it, and am still kicking myself for not turning it off after 5 minutes. I leave more talent tightly coiled in aComplete crap. And I mean, a 2 hour film of just a steaming pile of doo would be more interesting than this. Other than there be NO cohesiveness with the film, it was basically just old Kung Fu footage with "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" dubbed over ALL of it. I hated it, and am still kicking myself for not turning it off after 5 minutes. I leave more talent tightly coiled in a toilet. People that thought this was "hilarious" was either high or drunk when they saw this. Expand
  22. Jul 2, 2014
    Absolute garbage. I laughed maybe once for the whole 90 minutes (when the lion in the sky appears and calls the main character simba). I understand what they were trying to do with the bad dubbing and stuff, but that stops being funny after the first few times. Definitely one of the worst movies ever made.
  23. Jun 18, 2015
    As per usual, the critics don't understand the oh so complicated concept of comedy (hyperbole). The person that calls this film "uninspired" would have to be dead on the inside - which by the way is no coincidence because to not to literally laugh out loud throughout this movie, you must indeed be dead.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 14 Critics

Where the hell are those Hollywood Ninja Assassins when you really need 'em?
  2. Reviewed by: Eddie Cockrell
    Consistently silly and intermittently laugh-out-loud funny spoof.
  3. Silly, perfect fun.