La Moustache

6.9

1. SteveB
    Jan 3, 2008
    Shades of Fellini, but not quite so frustrating. La Moustache is definitely no nonentity, nor is it memorable. It was an admirable project with some good moments. Stick it out and you will appreciate a picture about a couple experiencing a strange hallucinatory moment in their marriage. Hollywood could use a lesson here.
  2. RonC.
    Sep 1, 2007
    Excelent movie that questions reality and relationships. Do not look for the "meaning" of the mustache, just enjoy the mystery.
  3. KerryS
    Jan 16, 2007
    A haunting enigma anchored by well-developed characters and strong performances.
  4. LloydM.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Arresting and resonant; although I disagree with Stuart W., I loved his simile.
  5. JodieJ.
    Aug 26, 2006
    This film was haunting and memorable. I can't wait to see it again.

1. This narrative feature debut by Emmanuel Carrere, based on his own novel, is deliberately open-ended, but however one interprets the outcome, the film reminds us how fragile intimacy is.
  2. Reviewed by: Duane Byrge
    The big shave is the starting point for a clever, if somewhat too clever, film from French critic, novelist and documentarian Emmanuel Carrere. La Moustache could be clipped down to Franz Kafka-meets-Jerry Seinfeld, where a whole slew of absurd petite calamities befall our everyday hero, triggered by his trim.
  3. Reviewed by: Lisa Nesselson
    Viewers who like their conclusions tidy may rebel, but those who relish outstanding performances in the service of an intriguing idea will be entertained.