5.9

1. Sep 24, 2011
    I recommend playing the game rather than watching the movie. It's better.
  2. Aug 9, 2012
    I love Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Now that's what a good video game movie is all about. I know critics are still feeling the hatred of video game movies affecting Hollywood. Take a look at Tomb Raider: a good, successful, film franchise that's still holding on after all these years and now a reboot is in the works. Although the sequel look a little decent, but I gotta give it up to Ms.I love Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. Now that's what a good video game movie is all about. I know critics are still feeling the hatred of video game movies affecting Hollywood. Take a look at Tomb Raider: a good, successful, film franchise that's still holding on after all these years and now a reboot is in the works. Although the sequel look a little decent, but I gotta give it up to Ms. Angelina Jolie. She is a phenomenal action star in her own right, marries with Brad Pitt, and of course, she still has the look of a role model. Playing Lara Croft in the movie is just too easy for me to say, but she definitely nailed it. I played all of the Tomb Raider video games, and the original game on PS1 may sorta a lot different than the movie. I really don't trust movie critics and I don't even care what those metascores might say, but can't they get a good and positive reaction, already. Expand
  3. Nov 12, 2012
    Angelina Jolie running around in tight clothes and carrying a gun isn't enough entrainment for me, but, for some, it will be. I'm not saying that's a good quality for them; I'm just saying I think there's a method to the madness of this preposterous thing.
  4. JohnO.
    Nov 18, 2003
    The director of this movie seems to think that a movie only needs dungeons and action. Because that's the only things this movie has to offer. It's full of cliches, the plot is unoriginal, and you need to poke yourself in the eye every five minutes to not fall asleep. This game is for Lara Croft addicts only.
  5. Ron
    Oct 5, 2001
    Jo was hot but the movie sucked.
  6. LizH.
    Jul 25, 2001
    Jolie was the one and only actor for this part. Nobody could have done better. The character was very challenging, and the fact that she did her own stunts was amazing, and it gave the movie an extra kick.
  7. christians
    Aug 8, 2009
    Angelina Jolie is a perfect Lara Croft and the film is a lot of fun. as for it's sequel, skip it.
  8. KimberlyM.
    Oct 1, 2001
    Angelina is without a doubt the best actress of our generation and having her portray the most popular video game heroine was genius. I loved this movie, there was lots of action and think they stayed pretty much true to the character. Angie worked very hard and made many sacrifices, it truly paid off. She's very athletic.
  9. KristinK.
    Oct 10, 2003
    I totally loved this movie! I would rate it hight than 10 because it was funny, action pack, and by the way Daneil Craig is totally hot! Bryce was really funny, and I would give anything to do what Lara can. Hell I would give anything just to like the way she does! Tomb Raider is by far one of my all time favorite movies!!
  10. RobertF.
    Aug 10, 2001
    For Angelina addicts only.
  11. Marta
    Mar 22, 2002
    I really enjoyed this movie in all ways: Angelina's performance was outstanding, the movie effects were great and the locations chosen were fascinating. Congratulations to the whole team!
  12. HadynW.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Better than i expected, but seeing as i expected to be absolute rubbish that isn't saying much...so so i suppose if you like a bit of cambodia and running around shooting people.
  13. Sam
    Jul 7, 2005
    It's a fun movie, actually a little better than the 2nd in my opinion, but i'll stick with the games, which are excellent.
  14. JaredC.
    Jul 29, 2007
    A fun-thrilled short flick, the ending is stylishly fantasized. The drama is engaging and explains enough character build-up to have an actual action-packed movie with cool stunts. And thats it, finally a movie worth it, only on rental though, its not a theatre movie.
  15. PennyK.
    Oct 14, 2001
    This movie was the best. I am the biggest Angelina Jolie fan. I give the movie two thumps up. Angelina Jolie rocks as Lara Croft. She shood make a second. I will certainly go see it.
  16. PennyK.
    Oct 14, 2001
    Dec 28, 2001
    VERY COOL movie.
  18. StephanieD.
    Jul 12, 2001
    This is my all time favorite movie!! I hate football but this movie was a great one. Ryan Hurst was hotter than ever, and I watch this movie every night!! P.S. I am watching it right now.
  19. KianM.
    Jul 5, 2001
    They spent too long painfully trying to produce some semblance of a storyline. That should be removed as it is the most cumbersome part of this movie.
  20. ReginaldS.
    Aug 1, 2001
    I guess the people who dislike the movie never play the game because Tomb Raider is all about adventure, action and sensuality...so is the movie. Angelina Jolie is flawless.
  21. LauraH.
    Feb 23, 2002
    It rocked! The casting was brilliant, the set's were magnificent and the special effects were phenominal. They couldn't have done a better job. Angelina Jolie was THE perfect choice as Lara. mmwwaa
  22. NestorG.
    Jun 9, 2002
    This is the best movie of the world. I have never seen any movie more perferct than Tomb Raider. Angelina Jolie is so hot, and she is the perfect Lara Croft
  23. AliciaS.
    Sep 6, 2002
    Angelina Jolie was, as always, awesome! The special effects rocked! I rated this movie a ten, and for all of those who rated under a ten: You wouldn't know the first thing about making, performing in, or even rating a movie!
  24. JJReyes
    Sep 22, 2005
    This is a very intersting movie. It is aprearant that much work was put into it and the results are phenomenal. Angelina Jolie fits the part for Lara Croft quite nicely. It is as if she was born to play the roll of Lara.
  25. TaylorA.
    Nov 22, 2001
    I think this movie was great. The guys mainly liked it because of her boobs but since I'm a girl, no. The first time I have ever seen it was in the theater with my grandmother and cousin. My grandmother didn't like it, of course, and my cousin, Carmen, thought it was okay. But I was hooked on that movie. I loved the effects and all the moves Lara(Jolie) did in the movie. She did I think this movie was great. The guys mainly liked it because of her boobs but since I'm a girl, no. The first time I have ever seen it was in the theater with my grandmother and cousin. My grandmother didn't like it, of course, and my cousin, Carmen, thought it was okay. But I was hooked on that movie. I loved the effects and all the moves Lara(Jolie) did in the movie. She did great. Simon ( the machine) is one of my favorite characters in the movie but Lara is my favorite. Lara Croft is my ultimate super hero. Expand
  26. MichiG.
    Jun 25, 2001
    A full of adventure exciting movie. Angelina Jolie's performance is breathtaking. The stunts that she performed really seemed to grab the viewers' attention. I loved the characters and the setting of the movie. I also relished the plot. There was one part that I felt did not belong in the movie, however. I thought that the whole sensitive part of Laura and her father did not go A full of adventure exciting movie. Angelina Jolie's performance is breathtaking. The stunts that she performed really seemed to grab the viewers' attention. I loved the characters and the setting of the movie. I also relished the plot. There was one part that I felt did not belong in the movie, however. I thought that the whole sensitive part of Laura and her father did not go with the exciting and daring plot of the movie. Expand
  27. SeanB.
    Jul 17, 2001
    Ahhhhh!!!!! One of the most disappointing movies that I've seen. I'm usually not so hard on any movies, but this is an exception in my book. The only time I was happy was when it was over.
  28. SeanB.
    Jul 17, 2001
  29. RMC.
    Jul 19, 2001
    Hey, what were you expecting? Its got solid FX, action, and enough story to keep you engaged.

1. It is the perfect modern product: loud, banal, empty, frenzied, plasticized, flavorless, drab, violent in a bloodless way and sexy in a sexless way.
    The effects are cheesy, the photography is murky, the sets look like leftovers from a Las Vegas stage spectacular -- and the flick appears to have been edited with a roulette wheel.
  3. I realize fantasy-based action movies aren't supposed to be as complex as William Gibson's novels. But do they have to be this simple-minded?