7.0

1. Aug 29, 2012
    Told in a simple way by mostly non actors this little gem resolutely sets out a humanistic fable of our times. It gently hammers away at the theme: "we are our brother's keepers" Don't look for a great script, or much acting, or any sophistication. It is what it is. Even the Christian right might find it's theme uncomfortably Christ like. A man does good and is rewarded with a miracle.Told in a simple way by mostly non actors this little gem resolutely sets out a humanistic fable of our times. It gently hammers away at the theme: "we are our brother's keepers" Don't look for a great script, or much acting, or any sophistication. It is what it is. Even the Christian right might find it's theme uncomfortably Christ like. A man does good and is rewarded with a miracle. Warning check your cynicism at the door, or at your DVD Play button. Expand
  2. Aug 4, 2012
    Created a metacritic account just to tell you that if you want to see a comedy, or even a drama, this is not for you. The acting is completely stiff, there is no human emotion at all. The most emotion comes from a completely unnecessary 5 minute long concert scene from Little Bob. I don't understand the high ratings. Poor directing, poor acting, could care less about the story. Objectively bad.
  3. Jan 1, 2014
    Le Havre

Janus Films Release Date: Oct 21, 2011 Summary Critic Reviews User Reviews Details & Credits Trailers & Videos User Score 7.1 Generally favorable reviewsbased on 20 Ratings User score distribution: Positive: 17 out of 20 Mixed: 1 out of 20 Negative: 2 out of 20 Review this movie Your Score 0 There is a 150 character minimum for reviews. If your
    Le Havre

Janus Films
    Release Date: Oct 21, 2011

Summary
    Critic Reviews
    Details & Credits
    Trailers & Videos

7.1

Generally favorable reviewsbased on 20 Ratings

Positive: 17 out of 20
    Mixed: 1 out of 20
    Negative: 2 out of 20

Your Score

There is a 150 character minimum for reviews. If your review contains spoilers, please check the Spoiler box. Please do not use ALL CAPS. There is no HTML allowed. Your review may be edited for content.
  4. Aug 7, 2014
    I agree with everydayscholar. This film is so bad that I went through it asking myself who financed this **** in the first place. Bad acting, bad direction and a subject that must be treated three times a year in European cinema (an old man takes a little boy under his wing). Avoid it.

1. Reviewed by: Guy Lodge
    Apr 2, 2012
    It may not be up there with his very best, but Aki Kaurismäki offers a reminder that he's a still one of the freshest voices in cinema.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Dawson
    Mar 26, 2012
    Kaurismäki adeptly weaves rockabilly musical interludes, a stylised colourscheme and droll performances into a warm-hearted salute to both classical French cinema and working-class solidarity.
  3. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Jan 26, 2012
    Kaurismäki is a master of expressive stillness for whom inaction often speaks louder than words, and the performances he elicits are perfectly pitched, including young Miguel's.