5.4

1. MisterF.
    Feb 2, 2001
    I wanted the movie to be better than what I was watching. The books are excellent as is the message. However, I suspect the movie's budget and uninspired directing kept this film from rising to its potential. Worth a look though.
  2. AndyM.
    Mar 1, 2001
    Okay, the plot's a little weak, and the special effects aren't up to the modern $100MM blockbuster level. However, the actors put in a good performance, and the message was compelling. Given the Hell-bent determination for Hollywood to produce nothing but solidly anti-Christian, anti-Western, anti-White, anti-Male movies, this is a pleasant diversion.
  3. PeterW.
    May 7, 2003
    A fine movie of its kind.I've seen Christian movies a lot worse.And,while Cameron's acting wasn't "Growing Pains"quality,it got the message across.And, yes a lot was left out-but this was the first in a series of "Christian Sci-Fi"books.
  4. AshlieC.
    Jul 3, 2005
    It was a very good movie, heart changing and life saving... u cant comaper it to hollywoodd's other sci-fi movies since this is a movie that is true to Bible scriptures and gives a wonderful message.
  5. KellyB.
    Jan 17, 2006
    This movie is the closest movie that is out there I give it an A+.
  6. Josh
    Jun 28, 2007
    Read the book of revelation! and you will see that this movie is total mess! 2 god whitenesses hanging by the wailing wall doing nothing??? What is that? I think this whole theory of pre-tribulation rapture is for lazy Christians who is afraid to stand for their faith! "Let the other unbelievers will do our work for us!". Only thing that i like was that "unbelievers" ware actually Read the book of revelation! and you will see that this movie is total mess! 2 god whitenesses hanging by the wailing wall doing nothing??? What is that? I think this whole theory of pre-tribulation rapture is for lazy Christians who is afraid to stand for their faith! "Let the other unbelievers will do our work for us!". Only thing that i like was that "unbelievers" ware actually whitnessing while most of Christian today just waiting for a rapture. Expand
  7. C.H.
    Jul 6, 2003
    as with many others christians i agree this is a great film. While those of you who believe this is all "God crap", I pray that you find Jesus Christ. Don't wait until it's to late. Accept Jesus as your personal savior now while you still have a chance to do so. God loves you so much that he sent his only begotton son to die, so that you did not have to.
  8. RachelL.
    May 5, 2004
    I liked this movie it had a lot of biblical truth but i think it really is giving people the wrong idea because after the rapture only jews can be saved no one else if you are left behind it is for good.
  9. JoyD.
    Jul 19, 2004
    This is the best movie ever made. It has so much truth and most people can not except it. I am a christian and I believe this movie should have an impact on peoples lives.
  10. TonyM.
    Jan 17, 2007
    Pfft. If MST3K had only stuck around for a few more years, maybe we would have seen this movie get the treatment it deserves. The lame pop song playing over the end credits is the topping to this cheesecake.
  11. HowardB.
    Oct 15, 2006
    Good Movie.
  12. LuzF.
    Jul 13, 2006
    left behind is a must see movie! if you havent seen it I incourage you to do so.
  13. CoreyR.
    Feb 8, 2005
    Wow. C-list television stars take on the anitchrist. I didn't think anything could top the Left Behind novels for sheer incompetence in storytelling, but they did it here. How anyone can claim the 'biblical truths' outweigh the gawdawful production is beyond me. It fails on every conceivable level. It's not even bad enough to be fun.
  14. RobertB.
    Nov 5, 2001
    Not exactly blockbuster entertainment but considering the budget it is quite respectable. Non-Christians will not like the movie, and those that don't understand the Book of Revelation will fail to find the movie meaningful.
  15. J.S.
    Feb 11, 2001
    Personally, I think considering this did not have a billion dollar Hollywood flick budget, they did a good job portraying the depth of the characters and depicted the scenes quite realistically. The Left Behind book series is on the Top 10 Best Seller list and this film depicts the first book of the series. Biblically speaking, it is right on target. Check out the book of Revelation in Personally, I think considering this did not have a billion dollar Hollywood flick budget, they did a good job portraying the depth of the characters and depicted the scenes quite realistically. The Left Behind book series is on the Top 10 Best Seller list and this film depicts the first book of the series. Biblically speaking, it is right on target. Check out the book of Revelation in the Bible and see if you don't agree. Expand
  16. Mr.C.
    Feb 2, 2001
    This is a steaming pile of celluloid that is no different than any Hollywood attempt to turn crap into profit, save for a unique marketing ploy--a tenuous connection to Jesus.
  17. CoilnB.
    Sep 14, 2002
    I think that the movie was awsome but they changed and left out alot of stuff.
  18. PhilB.
    Sep 26, 2002
    As a lifelong christian this film makes me cringe and want to crawl under the table. The film confirms one's worst fears about the extreme religious right, the nutty paranoia, the demonizing of any attempt at intellectualism or at an otherwise biblically-based mandate for christians to work toward peace and social justice throughout the world. Barf!
  19. DavidS.
    Mar 6, 2003
    I agree w/ Mr. C. This is without a doubt one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It starts off as a pretty good thriller/mystery but descends pretty quickly once the God stuff starts. While it (and the books) might appeal to some (although I for one don't know why!), I won't be renting the next movie or buying any of the books! What claptrap!
    Oct 27, 2005
    Reduces Christianity to glorified fire insurance for the afterlife or whenever the cooks manage to Immanentize the Eschaton. Where's the Christ in this Christianity?
  21. MelindaD.
    Mar 8, 2005
    I incredibly loved it ! i have both your your movies at my house which i watch alot. some of the parts did make me cry ! I extremely love the songs if you do not mind can you send me the lyrics of each song. please. I may not be old (13 years old, not kidding) but your movie is excellent !!! great job on it ! I love you all in Christ.
  22. CameronY.
    Sep 26, 2002
    It's great. i like it a lot. u definitely have to be blind not to realized the gift god is giving us after watching this movie.
  23. JoshW.
    Aug 17, 2005
    Oh... My God... Well, (ahem) having read most of the novels and actually enjoying them, this was a huge dissapointment. But beyond that, this is possibly one of the worst films I've ever seen. The acting is horrid, the script isn't fit to clean up the theater floor with, and it all combines to sadden you for the rest of the day following the end of the film.
  24. KimmieyP.
    Sep 12, 2005
    i loved this movie so much! I thought it was awesome!!!!
  25. AmandaL.
    Dec 17, 2001
    I loved this movie! It was awesome. I think I was the only one in my family who really liked it.
  26. MelissaS.
    Dec 19, 2001
    I was truly disappointed that the book that was so well-paced, well-researched, well-written and perfectly developed was altered to the point that it was in this film. The redemption of pastor Bruce was well-done and Kirk Cameron's faith really showed through. If this had been given a budget and the book had been adapted well to screen, then I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The I was truly disappointed that the book that was so well-paced, well-researched, well-written and perfectly developed was altered to the point that it was in this film. The redemption of pastor Bruce was well-done and Kirk Cameron's faith really showed through. If this had been given a budget and the book had been adapted well to screen, then I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The character development in the book was excellent. In the movie, it was terrible, as were the other alterations made to fit the time constraints. Unfortunately, when Christians do anything for television or film, they do not do a good job of it and sell the effort short. This is a terrible shame and keeps the message from getting out, not to mention reflects that Christians have poor taste and will settle for less than the best when it comes to entertainment. Any non-Christian watching this movie will be bored and stop paying attention. Expand

1. A blundering cringefest, thanks to unintentionally laughable dialogue, hackneyed writing and uninspired direction.
  2. It's well-shot and well-edited by Hollywood standards, though special effects don't reach the top Hollywood level. The stars have their hearts in their work: Cameron and Johnson don't have great depth but give their all. Currie makes a subtle villain.
  3. Piously acted, stiffly directed, and infused with a view of world politics that might charitably be described as delusional.