Left Behind

5.4

1. MisterF.
    Feb 2, 2001
    I wanted the movie to be better than what I was watching. The books are excellent as is the message. However, I suspect the movie's budget and uninspired directing kept this film from rising to its potential. Worth a look though.
  2. MelissaS.
    Dec 19, 2001
    I was truly disappointed that the book that was so well-paced, well-researched, well-written and perfectly developed was altered to the point that it was in this film. The redemption of pastor Bruce was well-done and Kirk Cameron's faith really showed through. If this had been given a budget and the book had been adapted well to screen, then I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The I was truly disappointed that the book that was so well-paced, well-researched, well-written and perfectly developed was altered to the point that it was in this film. The redemption of pastor Bruce was well-done and Kirk Cameron's faith really showed through. If this had been given a budget and the book had been adapted well to screen, then I would have enjoyed it a lot more. The character development in the book was excellent. In the movie, it was terrible, as were the other alterations made to fit the time constraints. Unfortunately, when Christians do anything for television or film, they do not do a good job of it and sell the effort short. This is a terrible shame and keeps the message from getting out, not to mention reflects that Christians have poor taste and will settle for less than the best when it comes to entertainment. Any non-Christian watching this movie will be bored and stop paying attention. Expand

1. A blundering cringefest, thanks to unintentionally laughable dialogue, hackneyed writing and uninspired direction.
  2. It's well-shot and well-edited by Hollywood standards, though special effects don't reach the top Hollywood level. The stars have their hearts in their work: Cameron and Johnson don't have great depth but give their all. Currie makes a subtle villain.
  3. Piously acted, stiffly directed, and infused with a view of world politics that might charitably be described as delusional.