4.5

1. MichelleP.
    Jul 3, 2003
    Well, I thought the first was very good. It was hilarious, had a nice plot that was supported by sub-plots to keep it light on its feet, and some good characters. I heard one girl in my writing class mention this sequel and said it was "really good!". So after being severly disappointed with "The Matrix Reloaded" (sigh...) I decieded to give this sequel a shot. Well, it wasn't any Well, I thought the first was very good. It was hilarious, had a nice plot that was supported by sub-plots to keep it light on its feet, and some good characters. I heard one girl in my writing class mention this sequel and said it was "really good!". So after being severly disappointed with "The Matrix Reloaded" (sigh...) I decieded to give this sequel a shot. Well, it wasn't any better. It was nice to see Elle and her fiancee get married, but really, I don't think "Legally Blonde" really needed a sequel. You could tell this one was here to make money. The first one left us a good message about discovering our true selves, but this seemed to be the same type of moral. The plot contained absolutely no entertaining sub-plots like the first one did. Unlike the first one, which had one plot...which lead to a next, and a next, this one was just focused on one plot. And it wasn't even that exciting, or fun, or good. Now this is not just anyone saying this. This is coming from a tree-hugging bleeding heart who loves her dog like a daughter, and I hate thinking about how animals get experimented on, but this showed protesting against animal experiments in such a corny way and it seemed to shove that idea down your throat rather than gently. The court scenes were simply hilarious in the first, but I think I only laughed briefly once at one line in the court scene. But wait! Movies are supposed to be fun and entertaining! This movie wasn't that fun or entertaining. In fact the ending was so rushed, it made the movie even worse than it already was. Oh yeah, but Reese Witherspoon was fun to watch which stopped me from rating this a 0, but many of the characters seemed to be repeated ones from the first, and I didn't like that. So, I'm sorry if I disappointed any fans of this movie but really, this isn't some huge universal-acclaim movie like Lord of the Rings. This is a money-making unfunny sequel to a hilarious comedy. Expand
  2. WAKOJAKO
    Jul 9, 2003
    Definitely inferior to the first one, but a far more satisfying respite from the heat than many a so-called "summer entertainment" out there. At least I laughed. Of course the plot is hockey. Of course the premise is ridiculous. But you don't go to a film like this to find truth. You go to laugh at the sheer silliness of it all. And that I did.
  3. CameronS.
    May 5, 2004
    On your marks, get set, CRINGE! Oh God, if only congress was that easy. This painful dreck does have one funny scene, and to save anybody bothering to read this the time, "YOUR DOGS ARE GAY."
  4. ~*Kendyl*~
    Mar 12, 2004
    Great Movie! I loved the Snap Cup Song! Not near as good as the first though:(!!!!!!!!
  5. ElizaB.
    Aug 19, 2005
    It wasn't the best but it was pretty funny. i think it's movies for little hilary-duff-wannabes.... aka... POSERS. it gets boring after tho.... i mean, seriously that movie is really weird... but not as boring as hulk. that's for sure.
  6. ChadS.
    Jul 22, 2003
    Because she is a star, and foremost a nimble actor, Reese Witherspoon transformed "Legally Blonde" into a lightweight pleasure that transcended its intended demographic of young girls. No such luck here. The first film was a success because we accepted the fantasy of Elle Woods at least halfway plausible. It's the wrong time to portray a Capra-esque Washington D.C. at a time when our Because she is a star, and foremost a nimble actor, Reese Witherspoon transformed "Legally Blonde" into a lightweight pleasure that transcended its intended demographic of young girls. No such luck here. The first film was a success because we accepted the fantasy of Elle Woods at least halfway plausible. It's the wrong time to portray a Capra-esque Washington D.C. at a time when our cynicism runs high. But the story had possibilities. Unfortunately, it's a comedy without ambition. Still, the film had dogs and Bob Newhart to distract me from all that pink. "Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde" isn't an utter waste of time, just a time-killer. Expand
  7. Jan 26, 2014
    The first Legally Blonde was funny and entertaining, but the sequel is cheaply made and disorganized. The dialogue is forced and the acting isn't as good here.

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    An even sweeter and lighter whipped confection than "Legally Blonde," this hugely enjoyable sequel serves up a generous second helping of the ingredient that made the original such an irresistible hit.
  2. Both more and less of the same -- more of that hot-pink couture, a whole lot more of that diminutive doggie, less reason to laugh even if you're a tank-topped 16-year-old.
  3. Elle fans will likely ignore the narrative shortcomings in favor of a well-loved character.