7.2

1. Mar 23, 2012
    Agreed that Anton Yelchin was excellent in Like Crazy but if you want to see a really breakout performance by him you should watch The Beaver in which he plays Mel Gibson's son. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lBGKKhx2Lo
  2. Oct 31, 2011
    Many of us dream of that one true love. That perfect match out there in the world. The love that will engulf our soul from the moment we find it and never let go.

In 'Like Crazy,' we experience that love in the relationship shared by the handsome Jacob (Anton Yelchin) and bright eyed Anna (Felicity Jones). A love that develops in such an intoxicating fashion that the viewer feels as if
    they were falling head over heels in love themself.

The young couple meets as college classmates in Los Angeles, living the best years of their lives in the bright California sun. The beautiful couple's journey begins through one of the most romantic forms of courtship, a poem from Anna left on Jacob's windshield, and spins into a whirlwind of unadulterated love. A whirlwind of love that fails to cease until the UK born Anna overstays her student visa, creating an immigration hurdle that becomes difficult to overcome.

From this moment on, 'Like Crazy' separates itself from the relationship dramas of recent years. This separation comes from director and writer Drake Doremus' choice to draw from personal experiences with love, instead of creating the predictable and expected "fairy tale" love story.

In the real world, love experiences many hardships like the distance between the couple, the maturity of the couple, and every person's need for affection. Doremus hits on each of these hardships and more, creating a sense of realism unmatched by any relationship drama today. This sense of realism helps create an engrossing attachment to the couple, their story, and the ability for the viewer to relate to the couple's plight.

A largely ad-libbed script aides that realism. The improvisation allows the couple's dialogue and physical interactions, as well as those with their other lovers while away from each other, to appear as authentic as possible. Through these authentic interactions, Jones and Yelchin develop undeniable chemistry that just further establishes the genuineness of the relationship.

Through impeccable acting, brilliant directing and an unequaled authenticity, 'Like Crazy' becomes a love story that will live on for generations to come.

Alex White
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    I was really surprised by how great this movie was. Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones both give terrific performances. They had chemistry from the first minute they were together. And their dialogue is some of the most organic dialogue I've ever heard, which makes sense since most of it was improvised between the two of them. This made their relationship seem more real, it gave it a feel of authenticity. Great direction and story. Jennifer Lawrence was also really great. The only problem was the movie didn't really have any sense of time. I didn't know if 2 months or 1 year had passed, which made it a little hard to follow at what point in their relationship I was watching. But I think that might have been a deliberate choice by the director, I thought that he was trying to show that no matter how much time passes they will always be in love. But apart from that this was a beautiful movie of young romance. 9.8/10 Expand
  4. Oct 29, 2011
    I thought this was a little gem of a movie. Well acted and realistic; Felicity Jones is especially good. My 16-year relationship had immigration problems within the first two years and this movie gets to the heart of that pain. Worth seeing, if you don't mind your love stories with a dose of melancholy.
  5. Mar 10, 2012
    A brilliant depiction of the emotional rollercoaster of falling in love and dealing with the exogenous factors that try to kill it. The actors although they keep their clothes on, bare it all and leave us all warmed up inside. Highly recommended.
  6. Dec 22, 2011
    This film made me feel as if I was falling in love, and then getting to experience the ups and downs of a relationship with the characters. I've read reviews saying how people didn't like the montage feel of the film, but I felt like it helped it. Who wants to sit and watch all the little boring moments when you can just highlight the moments that impact the couple the most. I felt it was very realistic, the acting was wonderful, and I left the theater undecided if I felt heartache or hope for the couple. I would definitely recommend this film. Expand
  7. Mar 28, 2012
    OMG! I love this pretty movie is really emotive, have interesting things. The trama can be a cliche, and we can think: other terrible romantic movie But oh sorprise Like Crazy is really pretty. The story is really amazing, my boyfriend hate all this type of movies, but when we watch Like Crazy, he think that the movie is a epic movie of the romantic films. Is incredible watching that some romantic films do a great job, because this genre be same, since Twilight saga started, but Like Crazy is fresh, and amazing. The cast, is wow, awesome, Anton Yelchin, Jennifer Lawrence, and this other girl that I don't remember her name, the performances are incredible. The screenplay is interesting, have much intelligent situation and do an interesting job. Like Crazy is interesting, emotive and pretty I love this movie. Expand
  8. Dec 13, 2012
    The performances by its two leads are wonderful, Felicity Jones is absolutely luminous. A love story with a dose of melancholy that is uniquely and beautifully shot. I adored every aspect of this film.

1. Reviewed by: Liz Beardsworth
    Jan 30, 2012
    Felicity Jones shines in Drake Doremus' deceptively simple romance, a refreshing take on an age-old dilemma.
  2. Reviewed by: Connie Ogle
    Nov 17, 2011
    If you're making a movie that purports to be about real love, at the very least, you have to make the audience care whether the lovers work out their problems.
  3. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Nov 16, 2011
    Yelchin doesn't generate the same warmth or passion that Jones does. That is partly by design, as this whole affair was her idea, after all.