7.7

1. Jun 23, 2012
    Absolutely brilliant. These are the sort of films that should always be made, feel good and heart warming. We start with a family torn apart but by the end, brought together by there daughter, Abigail Breslin. breslin is brilliant at emboding the feeling of childhood and how at that age we all have a dream. Alan Arkin is even better, gibing a short but memorable performance as the heroine taking grandfather, every scene he steals with his kind but foul mouthed ways. Steve Carrell gives a performance also which should hve guven him an oscar nod. But, the best part of this film is the script, not many films have a script that give a sense of realism and humour (the scenes where the family push the van our by far the best), and give a chance for all actors to shine. It is such a simplistic formula, but the writers take advantage by adding side stories and real depths to these characters so it feel like they themselves our telling the story as if we know them. The movie as a whole is superb with at the most one flaw, everything just seems to work perfectly and put all the good things you need in a film together what do you get? Little Miss Sunshine. Expand
  2. Mar 31, 2012
    It should be called a little piece of garbage. The characters are unappealing and classless add on top they were annoying. No idea why the grandfather won supporting actor. The story wasn't interesting at all and wasn't funny.

It's the journey that offers the most enjoyment. Well, that and the beauty pageant climax, which I won't spoil here, but is one of the funniest scenes from film in recent memory.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Kenny
    Diverting and often funny enough, largely thanks (as is not unusual in cases like this) to its cast.
  3. Reviewed by: Duane Byrge
    A brainy blend of farce and heart, this is one of those movies that veteran moviegoers complain they don't make anymore.