Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: November 14, 2003
6.8
Generally favorable reviews based on 67 Ratings
WATCH NOW
EpicLadySpongeDec 29, 2015
It's lovely as Space Jam and it'll make you laugh if 'Looney Tunes' are your main thing. It's as close to the positives as you wanted it to be at. It's not a bad movie at all.
RikiegeJan 12, 2013
Movie very well done and entertaining.
Tranquilbez22Aug 31, 2012
Looney Tunes: Back in Action, isn't one of those movies that you can watch over and over but it will provide some great entertainment and cheesy laughs.The first 20 minutes or so will poke fun of stuff from Warner Brothers from the past tenLooney Tunes: Back in Action, isn't one of those movies that you can watch over and over but it will provide some great entertainment and cheesy laughs.The first 20 minutes or so will poke fun of stuff from Warner Brothers from the past ten years ( well when it was released in 2003, it'll be 19 years in todays standards). Brendan Fraser is a likeable hero. as well as Steve Martin as a villian. I found however the females performances with the exception of Joan Cusack ( She can't do anything wrong) were awful and wooden. Some of the jokes could of been better but they also could of been worse. Overall it's just some dumb, well-animated fun. Perfect for a rainy sunday afternoon or something to shut the kids up. Collapse
iKevinJun 3, 2012
It is acceptable, only that I can say. is better than the last? I would say yes, Joe Dante brings the freshest looney tones, with more charisma and more action.
ZilcellDec 17, 2011
Yes, the Looney Tunes are back in action, but the story is a mess and it gets tiring after a while. The mix between real life and Looney Tunes doesn't work well here.
grandpajoe6191Nov 10, 2011
Sadly, "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" is one terribly written movie with incoherent characters and disgusting CGI. The critics were way off the scale for this one...
gm101Mar 22, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Yes, the movie may have had the Looney Tunes charm I remember watching as a kid, but I can't help but feel that the movie was trying to destroy the much better movie Space Jam's legacy. And while I don't really have anything against fart jokes in movies, did you really have to make Taz fart? Thanks for ruining my childhood idiots. Expand
TheQuietGamerFeb 25, 2011
This movie is pretty hilarious, if you enjoy cheesy comedies, or just love the Looney Tunes characters, this is a movie you should look into, you wont regret it.
blagoongaOct 16, 2010
This is one of the reasons of the Looney Tunes' decline. I like the animation, but I feel that the dialogue is very poor. Also, what's up with the Wal-Mart scene? That's just crazy.
JonL.Apr 1, 2007
It's flawed, but unlike Space Jam, which completely desecrated the integrity of Looney Tunes for the sake of crass commercialism, it actually focuses on the titular characters and why they are funny in the first place. The humans are It's flawed, but unlike Space Jam, which completely desecrated the integrity of Looney Tunes for the sake of crass commercialism, it actually focuses on the titular characters and why they are funny in the first place. The humans are pretty boring and annoying for the most part (save for Joan Cusack's cameo), but Dante's trademark pop culture references and obvious love for the institution of Looney Tunes keep it well above water, with some truly inspired moments. Its bombing is testament to the idiocy of the moviegoing public in general. Expand
JB.Oct 3, 2006
It is witty. It flashes into the wit of the old cartoons, quite often in fact. But, not as good as them. But then again, not many cartoons are these days.
EfeB.Jul 30, 2004
"Eeee...what's up doc?"....well i'll tell ya what's up bugs, its the year 2004 and people who own big film companies like the one that funded your dady chuck jones way back in stone age has gone mental and lost all imagination "Eeee...what's up doc?"....well i'll tell ya what's up bugs, its the year 2004 and people who own big film companies like the one that funded your dady chuck jones way back in stone age has gone mental and lost all imagination and humor privilages that you fellas had back in the 50's. "eee...that sounds pretty bad doc!" yup, you guessed it correct bugs, not only that but now we have these things called "computers" and they use these machines to bastardize your 2-d selves into a creepy 3-d world where you get to act alongside humanities worst actors such as the now old and cranky and no humor steve martin and brandon "the white teeth" fraser. "eee...doc...?...eee" that's right bugs, speechless are you?...well guess what else...YOU might be speechless but wait till you see this film they made, you and your fellow loonies talk so much, you guys make all the kids cry in confusement in the movie theatre...and don't even get me started on the dialogue script. "doc...its wabbit season" yeah, run for your life bugs! Expand
0 of 1 users found this helpful
PatrickH.Apr 15, 2004
Absolutely terrible!!! Only Fraser's performance was worth watching. It was funny, but not terribly.
TrentY.Apr 15, 2004
An utter piece of garabage that even my 4 year-old child wasn't interested in watching. Don't waste your money to rent or buy it because it will soon be filling the dvd bins at your nearby $1 store.
gNARly161Mar 31, 2004
Space Jam was stupid enough. don't ruin the looney tunes any more.
VikramM.Mar 2, 2004
O.K, I think Looney Tunes is still cool! I love all the wisecracks, all the "fall on your face", "get burned by dynamite" routine. I love Space Jam, the movie with Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes gang, Hilarious! When I first heard of O.K, I think Looney Tunes is still cool! I love all the wisecracks, all the "fall on your face", "get burned by dynamite" routine. I love Space Jam, the movie with Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes gang, Hilarious! When I first heard of Looney Tunes Back in Action, I thought it would stink because nobody liked Looney Tunes anymore, it was an old thing! I was so proven wrong! When I saw the rating on Metacritic, I said, why not lets go see it! I was laughing my head off! The movie was so funny! O.K, I have to admit that Brendon Fraiser's act was a little shaky, but Oh my God! It was a great movie, not Oscar material, but good for laughs! A salute to Joe Dante for making this movie and bringing the funny Looney Tunes gang Back in Action! Expand
ChadS.Nov 25, 2003
Sometimes you have to look at a film from a different angle to engage you. Here's one way to approach "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" if you're let down by Brendan Fraser and Jenna Elfman's failure to convincingly engage with Sometimes you have to look at a film from a different angle to engage you. Here's one way to approach "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" if you're let down by Brendan Fraser and Jenna Elfman's failure to convincingly engage with animated characters as if they were real. We often wonder if actors are similar to their onscreen personas, and in "Looney Tunes: Back in Action", we see that Daffy is equally manic off the job as he is on it. Bugs, as well. It might've been more interesting if their personalities differed slightly from their work, since the cartoon characters are presented here as having an off-screen life, within the framework of the animated film genre. Expand
BrettB.Nov 24, 2003
Unfortunately being shunned by the moviegoing public that is still carrying the bad taste of Space Jam in their mouths. Back In Action is a delight which will be, if not in the theaters then eventually on video, beloved.
NiceiceD.Nov 15, 2003
Very witty and hilarious!