Love Actually

8.8

1. MichaelJ.
    Dec 25, 2007
    The occasional overdone moments are far outweighed by the heart touching warmth of this film. If you are looking for a deep dredging of of the human soul read Kafka or watch The Pianist. This is a light hearted reminder of some of the joy of life. And what's wrong with that? A good example of why one shouldn't listen to critics.
  2. PaulaD.
    Dec 13, 2003
    I actually loved it.
  3. Harry
    Dec 14, 2003
    This movie rocked. Loved it.
  4. WendyT.
    Dec 27, 2003
    The best movie of this holiday season.
  5. PerryH.
    Dec 28, 2003
    This movie is just a wonderful present from our friends in Great Britain. It is not to be missed. There aren't enough superalitives to state how enjoyable this film is. Don't miss it.
  6. DudleyR.
    Dec 6, 2003
    Fantastic I had a ball.
  7. RayK.
    Dec 11, 2003
    Loved it.
  8. KerryL.
    Dec 16, 2003
    God this film was absolutely out of this world. it was amazing. the cast was brilliant, the story was brilliant. it was devenitely not a waste of money. it will be a film which i will buy on dvd. SUPER!!!
  9. ConnnieR.
    Dec 10, 2003
    I absolutely loved this film. The screenplay and the acting were superb. The director did a fantastic job switching from one love story to the next. Not all of the stories had happy endings, but that is true in real life. The musical score was great. Do not miss this fantastic movie. As for Hannah, if she really is Hannah, all you have are sour grapes.
  10. Terryf.
    Dec 8, 2003
    Gee, another Robert Plant foreigner and guess what Hannah didn't like it either. Well, we did. It is a great holiday movie and a lot of fun. Nice to hear you are so close to the cast and crew.
  11. Goliath
    Dec 9, 2003
    Another Robert Plant plant eh? Hannah, we loved the movie plain and simple. Do us a favor and take a slow boat to where people appreciate your warped sense of politcal reality. Do not miss this Holiday Delight.
  12. LaceyT.
    Dec 3, 2003
    Loved every minute of it. Why can't they make more movies like this?
  13. LukeS.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Actually...pretty brilliant! It's amazing what happens when you give full control to a master writer director (Richard Curtis) in the production of a romantic comedy. For this first time in history we have one that is REALLY worth watching. Loved it - made me laugh, cry and hurl.
  14. WassoZ.
    May 11, 2004
    The movie worth 7, but the other 3 points, are for the prime minister of england (H Grant). I wish he could be real, and say these words to President of the US in real life. ... yeah right!
  15. JamesY.
    Apr 30, 2004
    In a time of hate and greed, it is nice to see that a movie like Love Actually can be made. It's pretty unrealistic as a film, but the cast are obviously enjoying themselves, and it leaves you with such a good feeling that it'll be hard not to have a huge goofy grin on your face when it's over.
  16. KurtK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    In my humle opinion this film, is the film of the year, and hear me out when I say this. I think everyone is ignoring the whole premise of the whole movie, the fact that love exists in so many ways. How can you not swallow that whole. I am an eternal optimist, and this reaffirms my belief that there is love all around, and that while we all do stupid things, there is good inside of us. In my humle opinion this film, is the film of the year, and hear me out when I say this. I think everyone is ignoring the whole premise of the whole movie, the fact that love exists in so many ways. How can you not swallow that whole. I am an eternal optimist, and this reaffirms my belief that there is love all around, and that while we all do stupid things, there is good inside of us. Each little story is showing us all the different facets of love. I don't think we all realize how much it's there. I think this film illustrates that, better than any film I have seen recently. I think Hugh Grant is once again, brilliant. How can you not like him, I think it's close to impossible. Add to that a number of actors, cast near perfect and you have a damn good movie. Listen to your heart, see this movie. Expand
  17. SeanM.
    Nov 12, 2003
    This is my favorite romantic comedy of all time and all of you people that don't like must lack feelings or a heart. I am personally sick of critics who focus on specificites and ignore the question: did you actually like the movie? Did it make you laugh, cry, or feel some kind of emotion. Because, come on, movies are supposed to make you feel something and I think this movie did a This is my favorite romantic comedy of all time and all of you people that don't like must lack feelings or a heart. I am personally sick of critics who focus on specificites and ignore the question: did you actually like the movie? Did it make you laugh, cry, or feel some kind of emotion. Because, come on, movies are supposed to make you feel something and I think this movie did a perfect job of balancing the characters and the situations that they were involved in. Oh, so you say it was unrealistic, don't go to movies anymore than you stupid prick. If you want realistic, look out of your window, or stop typing retarded reviews on your computer and see if their is anything that you enjoy in life. I could see how this movie couldn't appeal to some. And the people I am talking about are the people who have been sucked in by television, computers, video games, or your life is just a blank canvas in which you are waiting to paint your view on life and while your at it you will dis anything that comes your way. Well, I'm sorry mister hard to please,(Critics in general) I will make sure to observe all the technical aspects in a movie so I can find a way, as you have, to suck all the fun and meaning out of life. Oh, by the way, love actually is a great movie and I strongly recommend it! Expand
  18. RonaldO.
    Nov 15, 2003
    This is one great movie despite the critics mediocre review. It's a holiday delight with a great score and some very good actors. Bill Nighy as the pop singer steals the show. Don't miss this if you want to leave the theater feeling good.
  19. GaryF.
    Nov 19, 2003
    Absolutely sensational. The critics are so off that it is frightening. If you miss this movie it will be your loss. Bill Nighy is one funny dude. Don't miss this flick.
  20. SamK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    Simply Fantastic from start to finish.
  21. JaredH.
    Nov 16, 2003
    Wow, a movie that hits the mark in every sense of the word that one can relate to. Do not miss this masterpiece. Kudo's to all for such great entertainment.
  22. LeslieG.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Loved it! Simply loved it.
  23. KuniD.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Absolutely a great entertaining film! (unless if you are buying the ticket for this movie for all reasons but to have a laughs). I like where the British Prime Minister reacts to the American President -- It made me feel good even though in real life, that may not happen at all. Beg your parents or, cousins or, friends for money to see this movie if you don't have money. British Absolutely a great entertaining film! (unless if you are buying the ticket for this movie for all reasons but to have a laughs). I like where the British Prime Minister reacts to the American President -- It made me feel good even though in real life, that may not happen at all. Beg your parents or, cousins or, friends for money to see this movie if you don't have money. British Blockbusterrrrrrr! Expand
  24. AudreyB.
    Nov 20, 2003
    Wow! I have to see this again.
  25. HowardD.
    Nov 22, 2003
    Chad, the imperfections you refer to is what makes this movie so great. Do you actually think that we all react logically to death? You have never heard of someone secretly loving but afraid to take action? Bill Nighy is an absolute scream. The nine stories are blended perfectly and one could only hope that the movie would have continued beyond where it ended. Because of all of lifes Chad, the imperfections you refer to is what makes this movie so great. Do you actually think that we all react logically to death? You have never heard of someone secretly loving but afraid to take action? Bill Nighy is an absolute scream. The nine stories are blended perfectly and one could only hope that the movie would have continued beyond where it ended. Because of all of lifes little pits, the fruit is more enjoyable and Love Actually is a major hit and a joy to behold. Don't miss it. Expand
    Nov 1, 2003
    Great movie! Wonderful cast and great soundtrack!
  27. JackR
    Nov 24, 2003
    Mikey, you must have been watching Kill Bill instead of Love Actually. One of the best feel good movies of the year. Tremendous acting and directing. And that soundtrack was superb. Bill Nighy the aging pop star was hilarious. This is a must see movie.
  28. AliceZ.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This is the best romantic comedy I've seen in a while! Hugh Grant and Colin Firth are awesome!
  29. MerrittM.
    Nov 10, 2003
    I loved it so much. It was funny and so adorable. I don't see how you can't like it!
  30. CarolAnnC.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Adam Luther, what did you say? If you heard another positive review about LOVE ACTUALLY you'd Kill Bill? You're probably one of those psycho QT fans who thought that piece of blood and gore garbage was entertaining? What were you doing watching a romantic comedy by yourself? You're so off base on your review that it's frightening. First of all, I take issue with you in Adam Luther, what did you say? If you heard another positive review about LOVE ACTUALLY you'd Kill Bill? You're probably one of those psycho QT fans who thought that piece of blood and gore garbage was entertaining? What were you doing watching a romantic comedy by yourself? You're so off base on your review that it's frightening. First of all, I take issue with you in that the direction was absolutely masterful. The nine stories blended together as if they were one. As we are deeply engaged in one storyline, as as if on cue the lead change is made to the next story without missing a beat. The acting was superb. The stories were NOT all the same. And NOT each story had a happy ending. It reflected real life situations we have all been involved in. Loving someone from afar without having the conviction to do something about it is real LIFE. In LOVE ACTUALLY, some of the characters took the leap of faith while others were afraid to act. And, by not doing so, ACTUALLY lost their opportunity for LOVE. There were other storylines where other commitments prevented love from being fulfilled. As for the actors they were on top of their game, but none more so than Bill Nighy as the aging pop star who was extremely funny. Of course, you made no mention of him in your review nor did you comment on Hugh Grant who blended in perfectly instead of trying to steal the film. As for the soundtrack, all you need do is see how many CD's have already been sold to realize that you are so off on this one that your review should be filed in the circular trash can where it belongs. Liam Neeson was fabulous in that he emerged from his own problems to help his son ACTUALLY conquer his. If you look at how the people rated the movie as over 85% ACTUALLY LOVEd it you will see where your opinion stands? You are in the minority who did not enjoy LOVE ACTUALLY? Remember, what the world needs now is LOVE SWEET LOVE and LOVE ACTUALLY really hits the mark. Don't miss it as it is one of the best movies of the year. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Schickel
    Enough of Curtis' lovably crazed characters do succeed in finding love in all the unlikely places that you leave the theater with your heart humming happily. He has his dark -- well, darkish -- side under control. Which is to say that he is an Englishman, well practiced in masking pain and absurdity and descents into sheer goofiness with mannerly behavior, sly irony and stiff upper lips.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A roundly entertaining romantic comedy, Love Actually is still nearly as cloying as it is funny…its cheeky wit, impossibly attractive cast and sure-handed professionalism are beguiling.
  3. Reminds you of an elaborate Christmas card that tumbles apart with pop-up figures, silly/charming greetings and perhaps even a jingle. It probably cost more than the gift it heralds, and you can't help but laugh at the audacity of such an aggressively cheerful card.