Paramount Classics | Release Date: May 21, 2004
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 51 Ratings
WATCH NOW
SarahW.Oct 8, 2004
This movie was interesting, exciting intriguing, and touching. I went into it with no expectations and I was surprised how much it moved me in it's wacky, unconventional way.
KeithD.Jun 30, 2004
People who are giving this movie negative reviews seems to be doing so because they wanted the movie to be something that it was never intended to be. I think it is unfair of reviewers to criticize this movie for not being a fairy tale People who are giving this movie negative reviews seems to be doing so because they wanted the movie to be something that it was never intended to be. I think it is unfair of reviewers to criticize this movie for not being a fairy tale romance. Do these characters persistently behave in a destructive and irritating manner? Sure they do, and that is precisely why I liked the movie so much. There is nothing more boring than watching nice people behave nicely. This movie does ask the viewer to buy into its premise, but it rewards the viewer with interesting characters, impressive cinematography, and some genuinely funny scenes. Expand
GabrielleJun 6, 2004
Kinetic, captivating film that unfortunately doesn't follow through in its promise. The frustrating ending discounts any sympathy for the film's characters.
zoëe.Jun 20, 2005
The movie is divinelydevilishromantic!!!!!
ArianaROct 6, 2006
This movie was great.
steffieg.Jan 7, 2006
Absolutely one of my favorites!This is romantic and dark.
AleighC.Jun 11, 2004
Whether one grows up to be a tyrant or a cream puff, this is a masterpiece with a grotesquely beautiful ending. The director created something more than the human condition could ever hope to imagine - Immortality in a game of dare. I dare Whether one grows up to be a tyrant or a cream puff, this is a masterpiece with a grotesquely beautiful ending. The director created something more than the human condition could ever hope to imagine - Immortality in a game of dare. I dare you to see it. Expand
clintond.Jun 13, 2005
The movie is captivating.. even in a foriegn language it make you wanna believe in love and how it can be in front of you most of your live and you just really do not realize or acknowledge.
KevinHOct 22, 2006
This is fresh and stylish and makes me laugh and yearn and shout. No, no you fools, you were made for each other! I go for the second ending everytime.
T.K.Jul 29, 2006
One of the best movies I've seen in a while.
MKGirlFeb 17, 2005
I found myself drawn in. A well-constructed journey, with delicious visuals. The story was gripping, not predictable like the trash they do in Hollywood and I found myself pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
LilaB.Aug 28, 2005
This is one of the best movies i have ever seen, it uses such captivating visuals, and the plot is so in depth it really makes you think.
pinkscreenFeb 20, 2012
Best french movie of all time. If you haven't see it, you've better watch it. it's the dark version of ''One day'' with Anne Hathaway.There is complicity and chemistry between the two actors.