Marcel Proust's Time Regained

May 17, 2001
    Stunning! Absolutely Fantastic.
  2. JohnM.
    May 14, 2001
    Absolutely super French art film.
  3. Oh,It'sOnlyGilbertMulroneycakes
    Dec 12, 2002
    Oh, my good God, they made a film of Temps Perdu. Dear sweet Mother of pearl. Or a bit of it, anyway; an adaption of the whole shebang would be, no sh.t, fifty-seven odd hours long without an interval. Hey, it works though. Just.
  4. YoonC.
    Sep 21, 2003
    One of the summit achievements in cinema and rewarding with every viewing(I've seen it 4 times). An exploration of memory and its dimensional fluidity where distant past coexists with events of day before, how our identities are shaped by memories which both take on and defy form, flowing, drifting, meandering, lost and rediscovered. A richly detailed recreation of upperclass French One of the summit achievements in cinema and rewarding with every viewing(I've seen it 4 times). An exploration of memory and its dimensional fluidity where distant past coexists with events of day before, how our identities are shaped by memories which both take on and defy form, flowing, drifting, meandering, lost and rediscovered. A richly detailed recreation of upperclass French society with its dazzling attire and fancy interiors, its priveleged lifestyles and rituals. A film that's simply 24 karat gold as art, even in much of its color scheme. Expand

1. Densely layered, demanding and beautiful, Ruiz has found the perfect venue for his passions and created the most cinematically breathtaking film of the new millennium.
  2. Reviewed by: Jay Carr
    You can count on the fingers of one hand the number of works in any given year to which one is moved to apply the word ''masterpiece.'' Raul Ruiz's Time Regained is one of them.
  3. Ruiz has made the most ambitious adaptation of a Proust work yet.