Paramount Pictures | Release Date: April 30, 2004
8.1
Universal acclaim based on 321 Ratings
WATCH NOW
FantasyMay 4, 2004
Same old - same old teen movie with nothing really new. Just okay in spots but never takes off where it is dropdead funny. Nice way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon but not much more.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
patrickd.Dec 16, 2005
Best movie ever? Why? I really wantto say something....... It's not that good.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
MichaelDJun 23, 2011
I only watched the last hour of the movie and from what I've watched, the movie is OK at best. Lohan acts okay and the plot is original enough.
LisaFeb 15, 2006
This movie was okay. But, I really do not think this movie is good for little kids. Like, when that girl talks about her wide-set vagina.. I mean thats just nasty!! And, I'm not exactly for gays anyways, so the queer that was her friend This movie was okay. But, I really do not think this movie is good for little kids. Like, when that girl talks about her wide-set vagina.. I mean thats just nasty!! And, I'm not exactly for gays anyways, so the queer that was her friend was weird too for me. But, I can't choose how the movie will go. The movie was too bad, I like how in the end, she realized who her true friends were. And how the plastics broke up and continued to talk to others too. It may not have had a good beginning but it had a great end! Expand
MarcK.Dec 23, 2004
"Heathers"-lite. Maybe all the people who liked this movie never saw "Heathers." Now THAT was worth watching!
MarkM.Sep 30, 2004
Painfully predictible. Maybe I've seen too many teen movies. A Doll's House and Ghost World showed this subject can be funny and say something new.
GaborA.Oct 4, 2004
The first half of this film is amusing and funny but as the second half comes around the laughs die only to be replaced by cliche scenes dictating cliche messages in the most cliche way.
BenA.Apr 29, 2004
I was surprised. This movie was a lot better than I thought it would be. There were a handful of good laughs, but I wouldn't pay to see it.
LaneH.May 1, 2004
Pretty solid teen movie- but ending too perfect, too cliched, too upbeat. Pre-ending too lecture-y Believability wanes throughout final third. Lindsey Lohan, loveable in Freaky Friday remake is actually "hot" in an adult way here- although Pretty solid teen movie- but ending too perfect, too cliched, too upbeat. Pre-ending too lecture-y Believability wanes throughout final third. Lindsey Lohan, loveable in Freaky Friday remake is actually "hot" in an adult way here- although eventually overdoes the "plastic" thing. Supporting cast is weak, SNL friends, especially Meadows, are miscast. Movie would probably be a 3 without Lohan, so if you are not a fan of hers, stay away. She is in every scene. Not as biting as Heathers, not as real as many others, but less fake (for a little while) than most. Expand
KarenJ.May 2, 2004
Because of all the great reviews this ended up being disappointing. The problem with this movie is it tries too hard to be an appealing family movie when you just know if they didn't try for the PG-13 instead of R it would have been Because of all the great reviews this ended up being disappointing. The problem with this movie is it tries too hard to be an appealing family movie when you just know if they didn't try for the PG-13 instead of R it would have been much funnier. There is too much preaching and not enough laughs. Go rent Heathers for dark teen comedy or Clueless for teen parody. Mean Girls is stuck in a rut between those two great movies. Collapse
TonyL.May 5, 2004
Mildly amusing, but it is not in the class of Clueless, Heathers and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I didn't realize how attractive Tina Fey is. Lindsey had that WonderBra working on overtime! Matinee or rental only.
tiffanyMar 5, 2005
I like te movie mean girls accept the fact that my friends try to act like them at the age of 13 and 14 then if i dont play along with there little game they get mad at me. so if u have friend that love that movie so much thats they do what I like te movie mean girls accept the fact that my friends try to act like them at the age of 13 and 14 then if i dont play along with there little game they get mad at me. so if u have friend that love that movie so much thats they do what my use to be friends done good luck. Expand
LittleRobinBirdJan 28, 2011
Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) grew up in Africa and is home-schooled, well, until now. Her parents move to America and decide that it's time for Cady to start high school. Then Cady is left to struggle with the non-written laws of the humanCady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) grew up in Africa and is home-schooled, well, until now. Her parents move to America and decide that it's time for Cady to start high school. Then Cady is left to struggle with the non-written laws of the human world. The film is basically a chick-flick, with a high school theme.

Cady makes friends with the Plastics, who are the royalty of their school. They're these three beautiful girls, one of them stupid, one of them the servant bee, and one of them the queen bee. Queen bee, Regina George (Rachel McAdams), is both smart and evil, and the most glamorous of them all. First, Cady makes friends with them but after she sees Regina steal her crush from her, she plots a plan against the Plastics with two outsiders, Janis and Damian.

I had never watched a Lindsay Lohan movie before, and I'm surprised that she can actually act. She looked right for the role, and wow, she was looking decent before all those drugs and partying. She could've progressed into a good actress. Rachel McAdams makes a good smug, plotting, evil **** We're bored of seeing her in romantic dramas one after another, she must try different roles. Amanda Seyfried looked like she was having fun playing the stupid blonde, and that makes the viewers have fun too. And the girl who plays the outsider Janis, Lizzy Caplan, she's the chick from Cloverfield, in case "Who was that girl?" got stuck in your head.

Well, it's not a deep, meaningful movie. You can watch it just to have fun, or to spend 1,5 hours not thinking deeply. It's a high school comedy with girls plotting against each other, but it's not that bad. The cast is good. There is even Tina Fey. And the Janitor from Scrubs. It's watchable.
jimmytancrediMay 29, 2011
It might seems one more teen movie at a school, but the idea of the movie goes furthermore. Mean Girls can portrays very well what really happens in the girlâ
drlowdonJun 4, 2013
Previously home schooled in Africa Cady Heron (Lohan) has recently moved to a small town near Chicago and immediately runs afoul of the notorious Regina George. Along with her two friends she soon devises a plan to get her own back.

Being

Being a thirty year old male I guess I am not exactly the target audience for this film but seeing as it was written by Tina Fey, creator of the excellent 30 Rock, I was hoping for a few more out and out laughs and the movie can also border on being slightly too ‘Disney’ in the way everyone learns their lesson in the end.

Despite this Mean Girls makes for an enjoyable watch as it is clear that this is a subject matter that is close to the heart of Fey. Her immense writing talent is demonstrated in the way she injects heart into the script making the audience sympathize for characters that could easily come across as unlikable. The performances from the cast also help to move the film along at a good pace. Lohan is particularly good and with all her recent problems it is easy to forget what a talented actress she is.