6.6

1. Apr 5, 2012
    I think giving this movie less than 6 is a bit unfair, but I understand it is about taste but less than that?. To me is a 8.5 or 9. I am know a snob about movies, although I do know about arts. I love European movies, Hollywood movies, South American movies...as long as they are good and transmit feeling and have a point, and are good (in ther genre) I enjoy them. I actually have the MeetI think giving this movie less than 6 is a bit unfair, but I understand it is about taste but less than that?. To me is a 8.5 or 9. I am know a snob about movies, although I do know about arts. I love European movies, Hollywood movies, South American movies...as long as they are good and transmit feeling and have a point, and are good (in ther genre) I enjoy them. I actually have the Meet Joe's Black dvd at home, because this is a great movie to enjoy if one just want to relax, smile, and at the same time experience some deep emotions. This movie is not complex,but it is never dull either. I wouldn't call it predictable for I believe it is original. I don't think the producers atempted to create an utterly profound movie; still, I believe they wanted to give a different perspective in regards to life, dead and human relationships, without being too heavy or 'trascendental'. To me, they wanted to transmit feeling but just in a light, refreshing way. I did enjoy the performances too, and I believe people who didn't enjoy this movie is probably because they were expecting to see, something that this movie was not meant to be. This film has no overly high pretentions, yet, it was a movie rich in beautiful moments, and diversity of characters. Whenever I watch Meet Joe Black I get a delitghful feeling... It is a very unique, sweet, sensible movie, that will make you smile if you let it to do so!.. I never get tired of it!

And yeah! As somebody said...it is not that Brad Pitt was stale, or cold, or expresionless...but he was playing the DEATH for God's sake! Better performance, impossible, he was outstanding! Likewise, Anthony Hopkins was magnificent! I felt his character! I did feel for him! and Claire Danes...she was perfect for the role...! Overall, the movie always felt real! How often can we find beauty when we meet Death?
  2. Jul 30, 2012
    This is one of my all time top ten movies, can watch it over and over again, Hopkins at his best, Pitt, who I usually don't like or at least am indifferent too, is perfect as Death experiencing life in someone else's body. Claire Floriani (sp.? sorry) is ethereal, attractive and interesting without being a classic ten. The supporting cast all great in integral to the story. I often feelThis is one of my all time top ten movies, can watch it over and over again, Hopkins at his best, Pitt, who I usually don't like or at least am indifferent too, is perfect as Death experiencing life in someone else's body. Claire Floriani (sp.? sorry) is ethereal, attractive and interesting without being a classic ten. The supporting cast all great in integral to the story. I often feel that long movies are just that, under-edited and overblown, never felt that way about this flick, not a wasted moment, and every moment a pleasure to watch on the screen. The scene where Hopkins gets mad at death, "remember who you are talking to" "I don't give a damn" is epic. Expand
  3. Feb 16, 2013
    One of the best movies ever. However if you are an movie lover who needs violence with a lot of blood, sex and vulgar dialogs, do yourself a favor and do not waste your time.
    Everyone else...enjoy!

1. Meet Joe Black takes an interesting idea--Death assumes human form and comes to earth to learn about human existence--and reduces it to a flat, uninspired, interminably slow movie.
  2. Sometimes clever and enjoyable, even touching, yet too often the film makes you feel as if you're in Sunday school.
    Meet Joe Black is a hefty three hours long, and just so you know, it is at least two before Claire Forlani, as the Parrish daughter, Susan, unbuttons Pitt's shirt.