Meet the Parents

8.8

1. T.O.
    May 18, 2005
    It was like watching a bad sitcom. Shallow, not clever, characters that only worked because it showed the famous actors as bizzare personalities. I viewed it more as a documentary on the life and times of current liberal Hollywood stars. A reality show based on true life stories of screwed up personalities / life stories of the rich and famous Hollywood scene.
  2. TheParent
    Feb 17, 2006
    This movie was terrible. Anyone who thinks the definition of comedy is to have the one likeable and the only fleshed out character of the film to be bullied for two straight hours by one dimensional dickheads, should not have any creative control over a movie. It was a terrible watch. After seeing one character whom the movie depicts as totally normal and perfect for a girl get This movie was terrible. Anyone who thinks the definition of comedy is to have the one likeable and the only fleshed out character of the film to be bullied for two straight hours by one dimensional dickheads, should not have any creative control over a movie. It was a terrible watch. After seeing one character whom the movie depicts as totally normal and perfect for a girl get undeservedly trashed for a whole film, youd expect some kind of retribution which the film doesnt even attempt to offer. Oh yeah, and the girl for whom he suffers all this humiliation for is depicted as selfish, absent, cold, uncaring and vacuous. A movie which shouldnt have been made. With the cutting edge comedians now working TV, this kind of comedy was done to death 60 years ago. And much better ... Expand
  3. DaveS.
    Feb 20, 2001
    I like Ben Stiller, and who doesn't love Robert Di Nero? But this one just didn't make me laugh. And I don't consider myself to be a tough laugh.
  4. JasonD.
    Mar 9, 2001
    Disappointingly unfunny.
  5. GregF.
    Apr 1, 2001
    It made me laugh. It made me cry. The feel good movie of the year. NOT! This movie is a waste of time. "Something about Mary" was funny. This movie is NOT funny.
  6. BobR.
    Sep 7, 2001
    Flat and unfunny, this "high concept" comedy did not have one believable scene or character.
  7. DerekL.
    Mar 2, 2001
    I smiled when Ben Stiller said his name was Gay Phoquer. That was the only time I smiled. This has got to be the worst all time movies. Something to tell the kids about (yes daddy did sit all the way through it - he paid his money and he was going to watch the Phoquer).
    Jan 9, 2005
    Painful.
  9. JJ
    May 23, 2005
    For a movie with such great actors, this was really dumb. Best part was when the cat flushed the dog down the toilet. VERY disappointed, as Meet the Parents was great.
  10. Allan
    Jun 29, 2002
    Not at all funny or interesting. How this movie got so highly rated is a total mystery.

1. Reviewed by: Cody Clark
    It's funny. Really funny.
    De Niro's performance works because it isn't exactly likable -- he's totally at ease with his own jokes, but he's not out to make us feel relaxed.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    A flat-out hilarious mainstream comedy.