7.3

1. Feb 12, 2012
    Not nearly as funny as it should be mostly because of the talented voice cast, or as entertaining, but it brings laughs, originality, and dazzling animation. I give this film 61%.
  2. Nov 7, 2010
    Great movie! i especially like the concept of the bad guy wanting to be good. the story is also very good, Will Ferell did a great job in this movie.
  3. Nov 7, 2010
    Great movie for the whole family! Great voices and quite a few twists! Very funny and very happy with the story line and ending, you won't be disappointed. To the critics: who cares if its a Superman sattire? It's a great movie!
  4. Jun 13, 2012
    I was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed the movie, which is the reason I gave a 7. But technically speaking, the story is incredibly ordinary, the voice acting is average and the whole concept was dull and boring. The scenes of the movie, though, are very funny and a little bit intriguing, which incredibly saved the movie. Not a perfect movie, but it is definitely worth watchingI was pleasantly surprised that I actually enjoyed the movie, which is the reason I gave a 7. But technically speaking, the story is incredibly ordinary, the voice acting is average and the whole concept was dull and boring. The scenes of the movie, though, are very funny and a little bit intriguing, which incredibly saved the movie. Not a perfect movie, but it is definitely worth watching for............ Expand
  5. Mar 2, 2012
    Megamind may be somewhat similar to Despicable Me, but it has a lot that makes it more unique. It is a lot more adventurous and daring and it feels like a great comic book story.
  6. Jan 7, 2012
    I love this movie best kid's film ever, very funny, very entertaining and very good. u will not regret seeing this!!! and it has the very good twist ending!
  7. Aug 22, 2012
    A city without a hero is indeed a bummer, but for the villain, it could be a catastrophe. Why formulate a nifty plot that will overtake the world if no one out there is good enough to challenge it? Where's the fun in building an enormous, vicious, dancing machine if no man of equal awesomeness will stand up to it? Megamind (Will Ferrell) knows this feeling all too well.

When he was just

When he was just a little infant, with skin as blue as an Avatar's and with a head as large as a papaya, Megamind (Brad Pitt) was sent to earth by his parents right before their planet was obliterated by a natural calamity. Just as we humans are about to complain again about the typhoons and global warming in our planet, we see theirs get sucked into a black hole.

Read more here: http://localmoviereview.com/megamind-movie-review/
  8. Jul 12, 2013
    "Megamind" has the "bad guy quality" that has been shown in "Despicable Me", but is able to shine will more clever humor than what "Despicable Me" had to offer. While it does use recycled material (or what seems to be) from "The Incredibles", it still is a somewhat original film with its characters. While no where even close to "The Incredibles", "Megamind" is still enjoyable, and its"Megamind" has the "bad guy quality" that has been shown in "Despicable Me", but is able to shine will more clever humor than what "Despicable Me" had to offer. While it does use recycled material (or what seems to be) from "The Incredibles", it still is a somewhat original film with its characters. While no where even close to "The Incredibles", "Megamind" is still enjoyable, and its characters are likable. Its humor and storytelling is not too bad, but still could have been worked on, as sometimes the story feels written by a committee with its overdoing plot points. Despite these flaws, the film is able to work, as its voice work and animation is enjoyable to watch, leaving audiences in for a treat of laughs. Expand
  9. Aug 5, 2013
    Not as intelligent or even as humorous as it thinks it is, but Megamind stills has plenty of surprising wit and well designed special effects to make it fun entertainment for kids and adults.
  10. Sep 21, 2011
    The movie is admittedly fun to watch....for the sake of the kids. All those audience critics who are experienced in watching dream works animation will be very familiar with the tedious formula of the 'bad guy becomes good guy after experiencing enlightenment' dream works ALWAYS uses.
  11. Nov 6, 2010
    This movie was a lot of fun. Suitable for all ages. I caught the 3D version, and it was very well done. Will Farrell was very funny as Megamind. If you like his comedy, you will like this movie.
  12. Nov 8, 2010
    This film is definitely worth a watch. The graphics were very good and the story had some fun twists. Unfortunately like all recent disney movies, (except for toy story 3) it lacks the charm that the old disney had.
    It does have some charm though and it has a decent story.
  13. BKL
    Nov 5, 2010
    This movie will leave you scratching your head, asking yourself 'what just happened?'. Will Ferrell at his best! Megamind will blow your mind, and this is no joke!
  14. Nov 15, 2010
    Soundtrack was great and the movie was a lot of fun. Many people in the theater laughed out loud throughout the movie and I found myself doing so as well. It was good but not great. Don't listen to the haters. Anyone delving too deep into the plot or character development missed the reason for going to an animated movie in the first place. The kids enjoyed it and so did I. Thats allSoundtrack was great and the movie was a lot of fun. Many people in the theater laughed out loud throughout the movie and I found myself doing so as well. It was good but not great. Don't listen to the haters. Anyone delving too deep into the plot or character development missed the reason for going to an animated movie in the first place. The kids enjoyed it and so did I. Thats all that matters to me. Expand
  15. Feb 21, 2011
    Nothing special, very mediocre. It seems as if dreamwoks was always tryng to beat pixar and never succeeded... Even the last shreks were pretty bad. MM can be entertaining... But on a very "theres nothing left to see" way.
  16. Nov 14, 2010
    In a year (or two) with some great animated films, Megamind is a dive back towards mediocrity. It's along the lines of the majority of other DreamWorks releases, a perfectly fine movie for kids to go see, with a good amount of chuckles but devoid of any kind of creativity or innovation when it comes to audiences over the age of 13. The animation and voice acting are pefectly okay, withIn a year (or two) with some great animated films, Megamind is a dive back towards mediocrity. It's along the lines of the majority of other DreamWorks releases, a perfectly fine movie for kids to go see, with a good amount of chuckles but devoid of any kind of creativity or innovation when it comes to audiences over the age of 13. The animation and voice acting are pefectly okay, with Tina Fey being the only real stand out. A good movie for children, it's mildly funny and standard for anyone else. Expand
  17. May 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very enjoyable movie that turned out to be better than I thought it would, despite the rip off from Superman in the beginning of the movie. Expand
  18. Nov 20, 2010
    "Megamind is clever & ingenious as it is humorous & fun to watch , Will Ferrell brings his A game in this one of kind heartfelt animated movie .. that will have you laughing , some moments get a little sloppy and predictable at times but its still worth it" .. B+
  19. Dec 26, 2010
    Completely unoffensive in its mediocrity, as it provides a few laughs with what it thinks is an atypical story but is ultimately predictable and just another generic Dreamworks animated film. I did have higher hopes for this one though because of the voice cast.
  20. Sep 5, 2011
    Megamind, a supervillian conquers his nemesis, Metro Man and takes over the city, but gets bored and has no one left to fight. He creates a new foe, Titan, also known as Hal, and teaches him to use his powers for good. Instead, he sets out to destroy the world, and feeling like he has no choice, Megamind must save the day for the first time in his life.

I saw it twice from January to

I saw it twice from January to February of 2011. The first time was 2D and the second was 3D. I have no time to waste, so I will make my opinion of this movie.

Bad: It lacked an emotional feeling, the storytelling was weak and a fewer aspects of the story would've been better.

Good: The CGI animation and art design were great, The acting was perfect. Will Ferell was great as Megamind, Brad Pitt did very well as Metro Man, David Cross was great as Minion and the rest of the actors did well. The characters were very likable, The action scenes were solid, The comedy was very clever, and the music score was good.

Megamind doesn't top with Dreamwork Animation's previous animated efforts, but its an entertaining movie with great acting, solid action scenes, and good comedy.

21. Nov 15, 2010
    Nine year old daughter says it is the best movie she ever saw!

I have to admit I found myself laughing out loud more than a few times while watching
    this animated 3D movie. I even forgot I was wearing those 3D glasses.
  22. Nov 16, 2010
    This movie addresses an interesting question; what defines a super hero? Or for that matter, what defines a villain? In Megamind we find Will Farrell playing a super-villain now lacking a hero to match himself against. In a fit of boredom he attempts to create a different challenge and finds himself defending the city he loves to torment. This film accomplished something wonderful; itThis movie addresses an interesting question; what defines a super hero? Or for that matter, what defines a villain? In Megamind we find Will Farrell playing a super-villain now lacking a hero to match himself against. In a fit of boredom he attempts to create a different challenge and finds himself defending the city he loves to torment. This film accomplished something wonderful; it made me feel like a kid again. I found myself smiling uncontrollably in the climax of the movie and cheering for the good(?) guy as brains clashed against its old time foe, brawn. A must for anyone that still secretly hopes for super powers, adult or child. Expand
  23. Feb 6, 2011
    This movie is exactly what you'd expect really, it's very funny in places and the cgi is outstanding, the plot isn't too childish and the characters are pretty funny. DVD Rental: Will Ferrell x The Incredibles = Do It
  24. Mar 7, 2011
    I have to admit Mega mind was over dramatic. The whole plot kept me sleepy. I cant complain my child loved it but I didn't neither did my husband so needless to say it is not a movie that the whole family can enjoy. There were parts were they were trying to hard to be funny but they were not, i laughed at some parts and some parts tickled my humor but other then that I do recommend thisI have to admit Mega mind was over dramatic. The whole plot kept me sleepy. I cant complain my child loved it but I didn't neither did my husband so needless to say it is not a movie that the whole family can enjoy. There were parts were they were trying to hard to be funny but they were not, i laughed at some parts and some parts tickled my humor but other then that I do recommend this movie for someone with an over active sense of humor. but each opinion is different from one another you might like it and you might not either way the choice is yours Expand
  25. Apr 24, 2011
    Very disappointed, Will Ferrell is a star not a cartoon voice. I wanted to see this movie so bad but the plot disappointed me so bad, who wants to see the villain become good I thought Brad Pitt was going to make a comeback and save the world. Great idea with the twist but didn't work as a kids movie. I will say that there some really funny parts but wasn't worth the time.
  26. Mar 6, 2012
    A mediocre, borderline bad movie.
    Before I watched it, I expect it to be another great movie like Shrek, enjoyable for children, yet entertaining even to adults too. I was very, very wrong.
    A mediocre, borderline bad movie.
    Megamind is filled with overly-cliched characters and a somewhat interesting plot, but Megamind himself is too jolly to be taken seriously as a villain, a jester or a fun-loving rule breaker maybe, but definitely not a villain. The crazy train (which I loved) insert is not helping either.

It's strange I am at a loss for words to make comment about Megamind, I can't really explicitly named the problems, something about it just makes me feel wrong.
  27. Mar 25, 2011
    What a bore. Virtually no laughs throughout the whole movie. The 3D was non-existant, the plot was unoriginal, and the trailer literally gave everything away. After seeing what Dreamworks was capable of with "How to Train Your Dragon", this is beyond disappointing.
  28. Nov 12, 2010
    This movie is a disaster. Utterly charmless, it was the first time I was really aware of the difference between a star, and Voice Actor. As funny as Ferrell & Fey can be, vocally they are not interesting. I miss Paul Frees, Hans Conried and the rest of that generation. And I was born well after they did their work. Avoid this movie.
  29. Nov 6, 2010
    The movie is a rehash of screen-bytes from several other movies, strung together in a pastiche of cliches. The move seemed unable to decide who was a good person and who was a bad person. The writers present the idea that by pretending to be someone you are not, you can win genuine love and become an admirable person. The movie seems wish us to believe that, when the lie is revealed,The movie is a rehash of screen-bytes from several other movies, strung together in a pastiche of cliches. The move seemed unable to decide who was a good person and who was a bad person. The writers present the idea that by pretending to be someone you are not, you can win genuine love and become an admirable person. The movie seems wish us to believe that, when the lie is revealed, the liar becomes a hero. The plot couldn't seem to decide who the intended audience was... one minute it was frenetic smash 'em up cartoon violence, and the next morose existential self-loathing recriminations that seemed to bore the entire audience. The color in the 3D version was exceptionally poor - weak and watery. We love good animated films, such as Toy Story, Monsters Inc., and Despicable Me. Sadly, Megamind is more mindless than entertaining. Expand
  30. Apr 19, 2011
    I'm an adult now (18 years old) so I thought this might be a bit "kiddish" and predictable. However, I ended up grinning and laughing throughout the movie, even though it didn't have a complicated plot or anything. The characters were lovable, dynamic, and hilarious in their own respects! I would recommend this movie for anyone regardless of age, it is also definitely a feel-good movie.

1. Reviewed by: Roger Moore
    Dec 15, 2010
    The voice casting is on the money and these funny people - and I'm including Pitt, who plays this sort of self-mocking Adonis well, even in animated form - make this cute comedy come off.
  2. Reviewed by: Steven Rea
    Dec 15, 2010
    Megamind has momentum and dazzle.
  3. Reviewed by: James Berardinelli
    Dec 15, 2010
    Megamind is largely what one might expect from an animated movie featuring a number of notable comedians in voice roles: an amusing diversion.