Fox Searchlight Pictures | Release Date: March 11, 2005
8.5
Universal acclaim based on 63 Ratings
WATCH NOW
AldrinC.May 17, 2006
"Millions" is a priceless religious experience. Wonderful acting and the visuals are deeply astounding. The scenery looks like something straight from a Windows XP desktop wallpaper. And the music--prodigious! Great job, Mr. Boyle.
JustinM.Nov 14, 2005
I was pleasently surprised by this film. It's a schmaltzy feel good film that preaches about giving. And yet, somehow I still came away thinking, I should give more.
billys.Nov 3, 2005
This film didn't lose any of it's magic in a unusually long wait for the dvd. I said it in April and I'll say it again now in November-"Millions" is the BEST movie of the year. I just can't figure out why it is not being This film didn't lose any of it's magic in a unusually long wait for the dvd. I said it in April and I'll say it again now in November-"Millions" is the BEST movie of the year. I just can't figure out why it is not being mentioned in any of the pre-Oscar nominations forecasters predictions. After Trainspotting and 28 Days Later, I now consider Danny Boyle my new God Kubrick! Expand
WilliamL.Jan 2, 2006
Excellent for all ages and with a good point
HarperMApr 6, 2009
Touching fantasy with a flashy, surrealistic visual style. The film has humor, pathos, and moments of menace.
ChadS.Dec 26, 2005
The big emotional scene in "Millions" pays off because the mother's death, when addressed explicitly by the two boys, is done in a comic manner. Alex Etel plays muted trauma brilliantly. He effortlessly gains our sympathy. London, The big emotional scene in "Millions" pays off because the mother's death, when addressed explicitly by the two boys, is done in a comic manner. Alex Etel plays muted trauma brilliantly. He effortlessly gains our sympathy. London, depicted here, isn't predictably glum; the filmmaker doesn't want to overstate the tragedy. The flashy visuals work as a psychical projection of how these two boys try to remain childlike, so it's not all post-modern meaninglessness, or filmmaking overindulgence. Ultimately, "Millions" is fascinating to watch because Damian is a well-adjusted "Butcher Boy". If you see saints, there has to be a touch of madness there. If you see your dead mother, there has to be a touch of "Ponette" as well. Expand
Anti-hollywood5Mar 17, 2011
Amazing movie! Really really fun to watch. Also Very Imaginative and creative movie with a good moral to it. This movie was also religiously fascinating and the cinomtagraphy in it was great.