1. MarioD
    Oct 9, 2005
    I could watch this movie again and again and again. One of the most charming ensemble casts I've ever seen. And one of the few films that really "gets" the Italian family right.
  2. LanceG.
    Apr 4, 2005
    Pat G. is right this is an absolutely delightful film, at once smart and funny. And the cast is perfection. I have this on my list of all-time greats.
  3. PatG.
    Sep 20, 2003
    Just watched this again on DVD. It is a perfectly delightful film in every way! As far as I can see, it does not have one false note. A comic/romantic masterpiece.
  4. Jun 27, 2013
    It wasn't good, it was spectacular, wonderful. You'll love the performances, but Cher's, hers was the best. The music is beautiful, and you'll laugh every moment.
  5. JesseM
    May 17, 2005
    This is an outstanding, very funny, and surprisingly touching movie. Every character is very enjoyable, the relationships between them are believable, and the movie itself speaks truths that every person ought to hear.
  6. JackieR.
    Feb 8, 2002
    Cinderella (Cher) dresses up from frumpy to fabulous with the love her Prince (Cage) not the most handsome man but definately most engaging, troubled, doe-eyed prince that every woman dreams of.
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    I found this movie to be most charming, eloquently written, and just all around a silly romantic comedy. The banter between the characters portraying an Italian family couldn't have been more accurately. This classic Cher movie is one all movie lovers should watch in their life time.

1. Christian Science Monitor
    Reviewed by: David Sterritt
    Most of the acting is as real and warm as the characters themselves. And the streets, shops, and living rooms of Brooklyn have never seemed more inviting. [29 Jan 1988]
  2. The broad Italian family humor gets so thick at times that you could cut it with a bread knife.
  3. Newsweek