6.6

1. Nov 14, 2010
    There are some funny moments, but they are few and far between. A lot of the dialogue is laughably bad, and, most egregiously, the musical cues are some of the worst and least subtle in recent memory. McAdams is clearly a talented actress, but her character was insufferable, and she deserves better than this dreck.
  2. Nov 15, 2010
    Though this film has its heart in the right place, it is extremely irritating at times and often simply un-funny. Highlights: Ford's deadpan, it's message work can be pleasurable in itself. Lowpoints: Keaton not being put to better use, the romantic sub-plot's utter lack of sexiness.
  3. Nov 16, 2010
    I almost walked out of the theater 3 times, but I wanted to see the relationship between McAdams and Patrick Wilson fleshed out a bit. What the hell is going on with Harrison Ford these days? His "sensitive" turn reminded me of his child-like role in Regarding Henry. Is it just an age thing? I almost have to rent Working Girl to wash the image of his performance in this movie out of my head.
  4. Nov 18, 2010
    Morning Glory doesnt really offer anything new, and ends on just being okay. It is just kind of the same old movie we would see around this time of year. It is cute enough to make you smile a little, and can be clever and charming in some parts but this film really under performs and really kind of settled for the absolute least.
  5. Dec 30, 2010
    I like a good romantic comedy. This is NOT one of those. Harrison Ford's character was over the top obnoxious and Rachel McAdams was overly perky and annoying to the point of a bad sitcom. Diane Keaton was good but she isn't featured all that much. Very little chemistry between the two romantic leads. I didn't care about anyone in this film and it simply wasn't very funny.
  6. Jan 30, 2011
    Being dragged along to this movie by my Fiancee I really didnt expect much!!! The cast seemed good enough, but isnt this the same Ho-hum drum that gets released every week!? Well to my surprise it actually started pretty well, Rachel Mcadams does a good job portraying a perfectionist OCD work freak, but its exhausting just watching her(and quite depressing). The supporting cast is okay,Being dragged along to this movie by my Fiancee I really didnt expect much!!! The cast seemed good enough, but isnt this the same Ho-hum drum that gets released every week!? Well to my surprise it actually started pretty well, Rachel Mcadams does a good job portraying a perfectionist OCD work freak, but its exhausting just watching her(and quite depressing). The supporting cast is okay, but Harrison Ford is so unlikable in his narcisitic tone that I just didnt find him funny. Diane Keaton plays her same Kooky self and Patrick Wilson the man in her life who is meant to be a 'good' guy, gives off a player/ sleazeball vibe. All in all though the majority of the film does hold firm!! The final 30 minutes however It seems to lose itself in all its contrivences ...I mean come on..." You do not go for a job interview at NBC and have a tv in front of you showing your rival breakfast show...come on...and your cell phone is on?"...Please!!! I left this movie feeling sorry for all the characters, and maybe that was the point!!!...actaully...what was the point? Expand
  7. Mar 12, 2011
    "Its Harmless and really dull , Morning Glory lacks some more likable talent then the film has to offer it has its moments of pure joy , but then slips and falls and never really recovers , not a good choice for Harrison Ford , it lacks in many areas" .. C
  8. Mar 12, 2011
    Rachel McAdams is annoying. Well, I'm sure she's lovely in real life, but her character in this film would not be in your inner circle of friends. Examples of why not? Let's see. She's ridiculously gorgeous but gets flustered when people ask her if she has a husband or boyfriend. She says "sorry" all of the time. When there is something she cares about and gets animated it comes offRachel McAdams is annoying. Well, I'm sure she's lovely in real life, but her character in this film would not be in your inner circle of friends. Examples of why not? Let's see. She's ridiculously gorgeous but gets flustered when people ask her if she has a husband or boyfriend. She says "sorry" all of the time. When there is something she cares about and gets animated it comes off as "I'm so perky! Listen to me because I'm perky!" She is always flustered, is dropping things on the ground, and her face usually has a vaguely incredulous look on it. Enough examples yet? Hooray for Harrison Ford and Jeff Goldblum who verbally smack her down like the yappy dog she is playing. This movie reminds me why I hate morning shows. At one point, Rachel tells Harrison that there was a war between news and entertainment, and news lost. So did America. Shows such as the Today Show, Good Morning America, and the Early Show are just ridiculous. God forbid Americans learn what happened over night in other countries while brewing their coffee. Ford's dialogue saves this film from being a total loss. "You want me to banter? Isn't banter from the Latin word meaning to jabber like a moron?" Responding to Diane Keaton who says, "I had to say rectal and moisture in the same sentence" he retorts with "Well, first dates can be tricky." These lines are few and far between and do not make up for the rest of this nonsense.

Thought of some other ways why Rachel's character is annoying. She bangs her head against various items with an alarming frequency to convey to herself that she is frustrated or embarrassed. She says "hi" at least twice but usually three times when she enters a room. So much to not recommend this film, but to end on a positive note, Chris Matthews and Morley Safer make cameo appearances.

1. Reviewed by: Staff (Not credited)
    Jan 17, 2011
    Every one of its cues might be tele-prompted, but this is an assured, likable comedy. Ford is as good as he's been in ages, but the stand-out is McAdams. If there were any justice, the movie would send her stellar.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Nov 15, 2010
    Morning Glory has a depressed, rancid air. [22 Nov. 2010, p. 141]
  3. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    Nov 13, 2010
    Morning Glory is a cut above most other recent light fare, but not a prime cut.