5.9

1. May 11, 2015
    I fully enjoyed the first mortal kombat. However I prefer this one to the first. MK2 gets rights into the action,
    there are more characters and the action scenes are expertly directed. The music is also as excellent in this sequel as it was in the original. This is one of the best martial arts movies I've seen and it is 100% faithful to the video game. This sequel has more intensity than the first and that is what makes it so enjoyable.

Overwhelming dislike - based on 12 Critics

1. The movie is nothing more than a perpetual chain of elaborately choreographed (by returning star Robin Shou) fight sequences that mix live-action foregrounds with complexly layered digital effects and are linked together by the most flimsy and laughable of plot elements.
    This film has no story, no characters, and no coherence.
  3. Its dazzling special effects make its combatants flip and fly, spin and soar, all the while punching and kicking each other like jackhammers, only to leave viewers utterly unmoved.