8.4

1. bitcloud
    Jul 3, 2007
    The best drama I've seen in-ever. A brilliant symphony of ultra-modern scores that convey a dark passionate plot. Brilliant acting all around, nearly, and wonderful staging. Terrific storytelling that utilizes lighting, music, and staging in ways that fresh and entertaining.
  2. VilS.
    Aug 8, 2007
    One of the best films, Kevin Costner in one of his best roles ever !!!!!
  3. WillD.
    Oct 28, 2007
    At times, yes, I can see how one could fins this complicated. However, with a terrific plot and excellent acting it's easy to get drawn in. This movie is a brilliant psychological drama that just works.
  4. WilliamD.
    Oct 30, 2007
    The interplay between Costner and Hurt is amazing. Hurt's best performance in years.
  5. EricS.
    Jun 3, 2007
    So much fun...William Hurt is amazing. A very twisted flim, yet I laughed a lot...great thrill ride.
  6. MikeP.
    Feb 20, 2008
    ABSOLUTELY amazing movie... well done in every sense of the word... the acting is terrific.
  7. MaxK
    Nov 25, 2007
    Best movie I've seen in years, worth much more than a 45.
  8. ZeraP.
    Dec 7, 2007
    Truly disturbing because of how well you can relate to the protagonist without being insane.
  9. MarioM.
    Jun 11, 2007
    Great movie. Both my wife and I enjoyed it very much and so did the rest of the theater. Had some funny moments between Costner and his alter ego hurt. I don't understand why the critics have ripped it so badly. I thought it was a lot of fun.
  10. R.Lopez
    Jan 30, 2009
    Mr. Brooks is a clique film, there's no surprise there. but those cliques end up turning into an original and shocking film that you just can't resist. Mr. Brooks delves into deep into the psychological aspect of Multiple Split Personality Disorder or MSPD for short. The films show a man battling with himself, trying to fight the urges to kill. But his other half has such Mr. Brooks is a clique film, there's no surprise there. but those cliques end up turning into an original and shocking film that you just can't resist. Mr. Brooks delves into deep into the psychological aspect of Multiple Split Personality Disorder or MSPD for short. The films show a man battling with himself, trying to fight the urges to kill. But his other half has such control over him and his desires that Earl Brooks just can't help himself. Mr. Brooks works very well as a film. It tells a story that very few people can relate but most of us can understand, A man battling his inner demons. Trying to resist the urge to kill, trying but failing to break the habit; but the one big question you should be asking yourself is not why but how. How can a mild mannered businessman and father turn into such a monster? That's the big question, and here's the answer, we may never know. Or perhaps we are not meant to know. Mr. Brooks is an amazing film that blends mind blowing suspense and horror that will leave you looking over your shoulders for weeks. I very, very highly recommend this movie. Expand
  11. JenK.
    Nov 23, 2007
    I thought this was one of the best thrillers I've seen in a long time. Most definately the best performance Kevin Coster has ever done.
  12. JennyF.
    Oct 25, 2007
    no one focused on the daughter, she too played a good role and Kostner played w/ great chemistry aside Hurt. Not many movies make you relate to the killers emotion like this!
  13. JohnD.
    Jun 18, 2007
    A pleasant surprise. The bi-polar critics reflect accurately on Mr. Brooks bi-polar struggle between dad and serial killer. Is it contrived? Yes, but what big$ production isn't? My wife and I both loved the thick plot, even with all its excess.
  14. PeterJ.
    Jan 15, 2008
    Excellent movie. While I generally agree with the critics, they got this film all wrong! Great movie!

1. If the movie were just these two (Costner/Hurt), bopping around arguing and offing people, it would have been better than the unholy mess it turns into.
  2. The film feels sleazy and nasty --- but without the pulp kick of filmmakers who know how to do sleazy and nasty.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky