Columbia Pictures | Release Date: June 28, 2002
5.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 122 Ratings
WATCH NOW
TheQuietGamerDec 21, 2011
A great comedy, and a good romance in it too, I found myself laughing often, and Adam Sandler gives a good performance but not his best, I did find myself questioning if he was the best choice for the character, but its got its hilariousA great comedy, and a good romance in it too, I found myself laughing often, and Adam Sandler gives a good performance but not his best, I did find myself questioning if he was the best choice for the character, but its got its hilarious moments, and if your a fan of Adam Sandler or Happy Madison then this is a must watch. Expand
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
Contrary to popular belief, Deeds isn't terrible, there's just no reason to seek it out. Its a film one would watch to pass time. Don't expect anything amazing.
ydnar4Feb 1, 2015
Mr. Deeds has lots comedy a bit over the years, but I really enjoy the characters, many of these characters are only in the movie to use as jokes. Certainly not the best movie in the world but it was worth watching.
drlowdonJul 18, 2013
Mr Deeds may not be the best movie of all time but it is far from the worst. The concept of an average working class man suddenly finding himself amongst the upper class has been seen far too many times already but there is still the oddMr Deeds may not be the best movie of all time but it is far from the worst. The concept of an average working class man suddenly finding himself amongst the upper class has been seen far too many times already but there is still the odd laugh to be had.

I wouldn't bother seeking this one out but if there's nothing else on TV it might be worth a watch.
chwJul 19, 2014
This wasn't as bad as the critics are saying! I mean, sure it's an Adam Sandler styled movie, but it's not Grown Ups 2 or Billy Madison for Gods sake!
spadenxDec 31, 2011
I thought it was a good comedy. It does get generic and corny ,like every Sandler film, but it was still well enough overall for a watch. I enjoyed it.
gm101May 19, 2011
Out of all the Adam Sandler movies I've seen, this one's my favorite. Barely any sexual references, yet funny throughout the entire movie!
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
Seeing all the bad reviews, I was expecting something terrible. Instead I found the goofy laughs entertaining, but surprisingly Sandler wasn't delivering many of them.
Jedi_JettsonJan 12, 2012
I like Adam Sandler but his role as Mr. Deeds lacks his ambition and this is one of his worst films I've seen. It's a predictable that's unpleasant in too many scenes of humor for such a comedy that tries to be light.
bladeagentMar 1, 2014
Unlike his earlier films, Sandler shows us the warm side of his personality. He shows us that he is a talented comedian when given the correct material.
ErikaM.Nov 10, 2002
I thought this movie was good. not the best adam sandler movie but i thought it deserved an 9. It also had a good love story in it.
AGAug 24, 2002
It's the first Adam Sandler movie that just didn't seem to have as much fun as his other movies did. Winona Ryder is hideously miscast which makes the only truly funny character in the movie the Butler. The "Sneaky, Sneaky" jokes It's the first Adam Sandler movie that just didn't seem to have as much fun as his other movies did. Winona Ryder is hideously miscast which makes the only truly funny character in the movie the Butler. The "Sneaky, Sneaky" jokes were by far the funniest parts in the movie. Expand
CalebT.Nov 18, 2002
Rejoice sandler fans! Adam Sandler does it again in this watered-down romantic comedy! i gave this film 3 stars but each and EVERY one of them goes to turturro. Frank Capra must be rolling in his grave....
NickS.Jun 27, 2002
This film was one of the laziest pieces of filmmaking I have seen in a long time. They had a chance to make a really fun movie. Instead, they used a half-assed script and seemed to throw together some ridiculuous scenes, just to get an Adam This film was one of the laziest pieces of filmmaking I have seen in a long time. They had a chance to make a really fun movie. Instead, they used a half-assed script and seemed to throw together some ridiculuous scenes, just to get an Adam Sandler movie out that will probably make a ton of movie. He's gotta get rid of these friends that he uses to write and direct these films. Winona Ryder was awful but it probably wasn't her fault because she had nothing to work with. The only saving grace was John Turtorro. I couldn't wait for him to come onscreen. Mr. Deeds is a fluff movie, you won't think at all in the theatre and you won't feel a thing as well. But at least you'll laugh a couple of times. Expand
LloydC.Jun 30, 2002
Simply a terrible movie devoid of anything more than a chuckle. Bad script, bad acting, bad directing, etc. If you go to see it, remember to check your brains in the lobby.
JustinB.Jul 30, 2002
Ok, 2 points ONLY because Adam Sandler is in it. There is a reason why the Croc Hunter is better rated!
SahashN.Aug 4, 2002
I didn't force myself to die a slow painful death with a red hot poker after seeing this movie. For that, it gets a 1.
BrittanyD.Oct 11, 2003
This movie was great CRAZY EYES RULES!! and for all u people that dont dont like it u must not know a comedy cause YOU SUCK!!!! p.s. my friend says....u wouldnt know good humor if it ball tapped u!
JimBobS.Jan 7, 2003
This movie is a good movie. it ends perfectly and it is pretty funny.
DennisM.Jun 22, 2004
This movie has a great inside message about how money can make people compromise their values and go with the flow. They are never happy. Longfellow Deeds is the winner in the end.
fink-Nov 28, 2005
C'mon this movie wasn't that bad...I strongly disagree with this review! It's a comedy, and not all of them have such a great plot, that's pretty much the point!!
BigK.Dec 20, 2005
Not laugh out loud wet your pants funny, but it wasn't dreadful. A little twee though.
MiriamMJul 20, 2005
Crap. What has happened to Adam?
FrankO.Jan 28, 2006
A silly romantic comedy that barely kept my interest; Peter Gallagher and John Turtorro were stars of movie, what is with all the anger & violence from Sandler?
1 of 1 users found this helpful
JoeMammaMay 24, 2009
Loved it, why is Adam Sandler so looked down upon by critics. Not just this movie but in general.
JulioP.Nov 1, 2002
One of the worst films I watched the last few years... how come the great Winona would play in such a trash?
ArthurDec 1, 2002
The bottom line is that this movie just isn't very funny. It tries too hard to be both funny and romantic that it fails at both. It's really a shame because there is so much that could have been done here.
MetalInc.Oct 28, 2002
For all of the people that TOTALLY trashed this movie....what were you expecting....it is another Sandler film, and you expect something different? This wasn't as good as previous movies by him, but wasn't the worst one either. For all of the people that TOTALLY trashed this movie....what were you expecting....it is another Sandler film, and you expect something different? This wasn't as good as previous movies by him, but wasn't the worst one either. Just fun to watch. Not high brow, not low brow, just fun. Expand
B.S.Oct 28, 2002
Good acting but not realing funny and the story just sucked. I had more laughs at the movies previews.
[Anonymous]Jun 30, 2002
This is a hilarious movie!
DanJun 30, 2002
I thought this movie sucked. Adam Sandler really should do some better scripts, and winona ryder? well I don't know what she did in that beverly hills store, but she couldn't steal this show.
MildonF.Jul 14, 2002
Terrible as a remake, but as a movie, this is the best. Go see Mr. Deeds as many times as you can! Adam Sandler is in top form and you'll love him!
DakarJul 15, 2002
Screw all you in your stupid asses, mr deeds was the sh*t, adam sandler ownz all of you so at least pay your respects and give some respects to the master.
DrewB.Jul 5, 2002
Hilarious! sandler is hilarious and romantic. a great film.
BobJul 5, 2002
It's just not a very good movie. Period. Even Sandler couldn't save this one.
EricS.Aug 31, 2002
Not a great film, but certainly a funny and enjoyable one that delivers all it promises. I'd consider this to be Sandler's best work yet (the worst being "Big Daddy.") I expected "Mr. Deeds" to be universally panned. Films like it Not a great film, but certainly a funny and enjoyable one that delivers all it promises. I'd consider this to be Sandler's best work yet (the worst being "Big Daddy.") I expected "Mr. Deeds" to be universally panned. Films like it always are, and always will be. But the point is being missed in part because it's such an obvious one. Adam Sandler's films are essentially Saturday Night Live on the big screen. Most everybody praised his work on SNL. Why not praise it here? Rating: ***1/2 Expand
AngelG.Mar 27, 2004
This is the best. It was so funny and all of the cast were great. It's the best adam has ever done.
BrettD.Nov 30, 2005
Mr. Deeds is the best movie ever!! I have watched around 30 times and I still love it. All my friends like the movie as well.
CharlesM.Jan 31, 2006
There are some of the funniest scenes ever produced in a movie. Don't take it to serious or compare to anything else.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
CiaranG.Jan 4, 2007
Quite good movie! Worth watching if you're looking for something funny. If you liked Adam Sandler's other films, you'll probably love this.
kittyJul 8, 2008
This is the only movie I have actually liked Adam Sandler in, so that's pretty self-explanitory.
JanisW.Nov 9, 2002
This was one of the funniest movies I've seen. People took this movie too seriously to see the pure comedy in it.
AJCOct 29, 2002
Exactly what you should expect from Sandler. Something you can watch and forget your worries for a short while. Turturro's "Sneaky Sneaky" or the feline rescue scene were well worth the cost of the rental.
RobertH.Jun 28, 2002
Adam you can do it. That is make crap movies like this and still score at the box office. Bad writing, bad acting, bad, bad, bad! Don't waste your time.
EarlD.Jun 29, 2002
You will groan with displeasure.
EddieSt.P.Jul 16, 2002
Great movie. What's wrong with these critics? It's like they hate everything to do with SNL.
MikeD.Jul 26, 2002
I thought this movie was a good Sandler comedy that's only intention is to make you laugh. I laughed hard so I think Adam accomplished his goal. I think these other over-paid critics are looking for something different.
EileenG.Aug 29, 2002
Was not one of Adam Sandler's greatest movies.
KatieP.Dec 22, 2003
I really enjoyed this movie. Very funny. But if you hate Sandler, don't see it. God. If I hate asian movies, I don't go out to see one and expect to like it. You guys are so naive.
AngelF.Oct 29, 2003
I found this movie to be an excellent movie. There are a couple of things to be learned from this movie--money doesn't always buy happiness--those of who in life who are of simple minds (honest innocence) are probably the happiest.
YoonC.Sep 23, 2003
A dumb movie yes, but some people like Sandler, others don't. Count me among the former. This movie has just enough laughs for recommendation. A big plus is the lovely and talented Winona Ryder. She doesn't do much but she A dumb movie yes, but some people like Sandler, others don't. Count me among the former. This movie has just enough laughs for recommendation. A big plus is the lovely and talented Winona Ryder. She doesn't do much but she doesn't have to. And the only thing she shoplifts here is our hearts. Expand
MartinL.Dec 4, 2004
This movie is good.
AnthonyS.Nov 24, 2005
Adam Sandler rocks, everyone is jealous of how funny he is so they give him a low rating, no1 will be a funnier comedian than him.