Columbia Pictures | Release Date: June 28, 2002
5.2
Mixed or average reviews based on 90 Ratings
WATCH NOW
FrankO.Jan 28, 2006
A silly romantic comedy that barely kept my interest; Peter Gallagher and John Turtorro were stars of movie, what is with all the anger & violence from Sandler?
1 of 1 users found this helpful
CharlesM.Jan 31, 2006
There are some of the funniest scenes ever produced in a movie. Don't take it to serious or compare to anything else.
1 of 1 users found this helpful
gm101May 19, 2011
Out of all the Adam Sandler movies I've seen, this one's my favorite. Barely any sexual references, yet funny throughout the entire movie!
Jedi_JettsonJan 12, 2012
I like Adam Sandler but his role as Mr. Deeds lacks his ambition and this is one of his worst films I've seen. It's a predictable that's unpleasant in too many scenes of humor for such a comedy that tries to be light.
fink-Nov 28, 2005
C'mon this movie wasn't that bad...I strongly disagree with this review! It's a comedy, and not all of them have such a great plot, that's pretty much the point!!
BigK.Dec 20, 2005
Not laugh out loud wet your pants funny, but it wasn't dreadful. A little twee though.
JoeMammaMay 24, 2009
Loved it, why is Adam Sandler so looked down upon by critics. Not just this movie but in general.
BrettD.Nov 30, 2005
Mr. Deeds is the best movie ever!! I have watched around 30 times and I still love it. All my friends like the movie as well.
CiaranG.Jan 4, 2007
Quite good movie! Worth watching if you're looking for something funny. If you liked Adam Sandler's other films, you'll probably love this.
kittyJul 8, 2008
This is the only movie I have actually liked Adam Sandler in, so that's pretty self-explanitory.
AnthonyS.Nov 24, 2005
Adam Sandler rocks, everyone is jealous of how funny he is so they give him a low rating, no1 will be a funnier comedian than him.
TheQuietGamerDec 21, 2011
A great comedy, and a good romance in it too, I found myself laughing often, and Adam Sandler gives a good performance but not his best, I did find myself questioning if he was the best choice for the character, but its got its hilariousA great comedy, and a good romance in it too, I found myself laughing often, and Adam Sandler gives a good performance but not his best, I did find myself questioning if he was the best choice for the character, but its got its hilarious moments, and if your a fan of Adam Sandler or Happy Madison then this is a must watch. Expand
drlowdonJul 18, 2013
Mr Deeds may not be the best movie of all time but it is far from the worst. The concept of an average working class man suddenly finding himself amongst the upper class has been seen far too many times already but there is still the oddMr Deeds may not be the best movie of all time but it is far from the worst. The concept of an average working class man suddenly finding himself amongst the upper class has been seen far too many times already but there is still the odd laugh to be had.

I wouldn't bother seeking this one out but if there's nothing else on TV it might be worth a watch.
spadenxDec 31, 2011
I thought it was a good comedy. It does get generic and corny ,like every Sandler film, but it was still well enough overall for a watch. I enjoyed it.
cameronmorewoodNov 7, 2012
Contrary to popular belief, Deeds isn't terrible, there's just no reason to seek it out. Its a film one would watch to pass time. Don't expect anything amazing.
KaptainHutchinoDec 12, 2013
Seeing all the bad reviews, I was expecting something terrible. Instead I found the goofy laughs entertaining, but surprisingly Sandler wasn't delivering many of them.
bladeagentMar 1, 2014
Unlike his earlier films, Sandler shows us the warm side of his personality. He shows us that he is a talented comedian when given the correct material.
chwJul 19, 2014
This wasn't as bad as the critics are saying! I mean, sure it's an Adam Sandler styled movie, but it's not Grown Ups 2 or Billy Madison for Gods sake!
ydnar4Feb 1, 2015
Mr. Deeds has lots comedy a bit over the years, but I really enjoy the characters, many of these characters are only in the movie to use as jokes. Certainly not the best movie in the world but it was worth watching.