7.8

1. Nov 9, 2013
    A beautiful history combined with a marvelous cinematography and a really interesting point of view: The circumstances of life, parallel universes... The difference that different choices make in our lives. Worth watching.
  2. Apr 28, 2014
    Seriously the best movie i have ever seen. At first the beginning is a bit weird but the farther you get through this movie the more freaking mind-blowing it is honestly probably my new favorite movie. By the end i was so captivated that i dreamt about the movie while i was sleeping. MUST SEE.
  3. Nov 1, 2013
    Mr Nobody is, for the record, my favourite film. Its a spiritual and philosophical journey of Nemo Nobody, a man who narrates his story to a journalist in the 22nd century as he approaches the final stage of life. His story concerns multiple lives based on the choices he makes throughout his life. It's an interesting concept, and it works extremely well; its beautifully filmed, hasMr Nobody is, for the record, my favourite film. Its a spiritual and philosophical journey of Nemo Nobody, a man who narrates his story to a journalist in the 22nd century as he approaches the final stage of life. His story concerns multiple lives based on the choices he makes throughout his life. It's an interesting concept, and it works extremely well; its beautifully filmed, has impressive performances (particularly from Jared Leto, who plays Nemo aged 35 and 118) and a delicate score by the director's late brother, the story whilst complex is both fascinating and thought-provoking. This is film-making at its finest. MASTERPIECE. Expand
  4. Nov 30, 2013
    This movie is a masterpiece no matter which way you look at it. It is weird, weird, weird and weird. Now I know those two statements may contradict each other, however, that is what the movie does and does it well. This movie is complex, focusing on the duration of the human life from the perspective of Nemo the man protagonist. (Nemo meaning "no body") The boy who never maid a choice.This movie is a masterpiece no matter which way you look at it. It is weird, weird, weird and weird. Now I know those two statements may contradict each other, however, that is what the movie does and does it well. This movie is complex, focusing on the duration of the human life from the perspective of Nemo the man protagonist. (Nemo meaning "no body") The boy who never maid a choice.
    Its fair to say that this is one of the best movies ever created and certainly is my favorite.
    As I have mentioned it the world of "Mr Nobody" is complex, after watching the movie you will find yourself asking question which have no simple questions. THIS IS DEFINITELY A MUST SEE MOVIE!
  5. Mar 7, 2014
    Very good movie with interesting (if somewhat baffling at some points) plot. Really great directing, photography and acting (pretty good SFX too). Highly recommended !!
  6. Nov 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Best movie i have seen in a while, i don't understand how some critics can give it 25 score and score twilight higher, that just show how incompetent some critics are. This movie was brilliant, it makes you wonder about life and what we could have done with different choices in our life, it really made me cry at one point. I guess you have to be in some state of mind to really appreciate this movie, for me it was beautiful. Expand
  7. Jun 14, 2014
    This movie is not for every mood, but this is the best movie I have ever seen that fits a relaxed, but perceptive philosophical state in which one can focus more on things like love and interconnection in general rather than action (quick moving plots, suspense, violence and ostentatious sex).

Now I like your action movies as much as the next guy and love things like the Riddick movies and "adult" fare when my mind and mood matches those things. Nobody would not be a good pick, unless you have introverted friends or something, for watching socially- you need to watch it closely not be chatting, to catch how it all fits together, the little visual details, the slight changes from scene to scene etc. You also won't enjoy Nobody if you're using some sort of "action" oriented mood modifier like alcohol or cocaine. I first watched this on psychedelics and it fits that state of mind *perfectly*, however!

No movie is perfect for every state of mind, natural or extranaturall, so Nobody gets a 10/10 from me due to the fact that, for me, it is perfect for a state of mind. Other movies might be enjoyable, or even excellent for their respective moods, but it's very rare that I find something that at any point I can think it "perfect". I was thinking about it for weeks and had some related dreams! Just watched it sober and it still stands up.

You'll be most likely to agree with my opinion if you're someone that really likes to think about life and the big questions who likes to look at things from many angles. Nobody is a great meditation on meaning, love, and our collective existential ignorance. This is the first time I've taken the time to write a review of a movie anywhere on the net, so that says something as I've watched a lot of movies in a lot of different states of mind. Had to "correct" the critics with, to be nice, very "different" taste.
  8. Apr 6, 2014
    Must see movie. One of the most interesting and stimulating movies I have seen in a very long time. Jared Leto is amazing. I was thinking about the movie a week later. Extremely thought provoking.
  9. Apr 15, 2014
    This one is absolutely crazy. Throughout, I could feel my brain exploding as I tried to grasp what was going on. However, once I had an idea (and that idea was later confirmed), everything made a little more sense, but even then, the ending is still completely open to interepretation. In many ways, that is what makes this film so successful. It is confusing as all get out, then it shows aThis one is absolutely crazy. Throughout, I could feel my brain exploding as I tried to grasp what was going on. However, once I had an idea (and that idea was later confirmed), everything made a little more sense, but even then, the ending is still completely open to interepretation. In many ways, that is what makes this film so successful. It is confusing as all get out, then it shows a little "hint" and then as that sinks in, you realize that that may not be the answer we were looking for. Ultimately, it is a film of decisions and how those decisions will change the course that our lives take. From a technical standpoint, the cinematography is great and Jaco Van Dormael is able to really create some interesting things with this film without question and really helps you to feel sympathy and happiness and then symapthy and then happiness over-and-over throughout the film.. On top of that, Jared Leto is great as always in the lead role.

In terms of negatives, the confusion is one of them. I love the confusion, but at times, it goes too far and you are left sitting there thinking "really?". On top of that, there are a few inconsistencies I noticed that disrupted the film slightly for me or left me more confused about the inclusion of a specific scene if it was not going to have an impact on other things. Other than that, I really enjoyed this film and it certainly makes you use your head.
  10. Aug 10, 2014
    This movie is superb. It is just mind blowing. Great plot and acting, the soundtrack is awesome as well. One of the greatest movies I've ever seen, you can learn a lot from it.
  11. Apr 5, 2014
    An experimental sci-fi epic, "Mr. Nobody" is a dazzling masterpiece of film making and storytelling, showcasing some magnificent visuals (particular kudos to the editing department), a fine score and an ambitious, evocative script that, despite running the risk of losing itself in its complexities, avoids falling into this trip and works to a fine level. The acting showcased here is trulyAn experimental sci-fi epic, "Mr. Nobody" is a dazzling masterpiece of film making and storytelling, showcasing some magnificent visuals (particular kudos to the editing department), a fine score and an ambitious, evocative script that, despite running the risk of losing itself in its complexities, avoids falling into this trip and works to a fine level. The acting showcased here is truly extraordinary as well, with great supporting work from Sarah Polley and Toby Regbo, and a multifaceted, masterful turn from Jared Leto in the lead role that is nothing short of astonishing. Expand
  12. Feb 19, 2014
    A great film, well written & well directed . .
  13. Jun 16, 2014
    This was one of the most engaging and memorable pieces of cinema I've seen in long time. Movies are often formulaic, predictable and often insultingly dumbed-down. Boy howdy, this ain't that. Whoever this director is, he's made something that speaks to both heart and mind. If you're a film fan looking for a fresh, human story, this is certainly that.
  14. Dec 4, 2014
    Citizen Kane of underrated movies, also one of the biggest mysteries seeing how this movie didn't see wide release, and only came out on home media in 2013.

Cinematography: great, lots of subtle hints on the story. Great sense of tone and mood. Soundtrack: again, great, with great tie-ins to the story and to give subtle hints to the viewer about the story. Story: one of the best

Story: one of the best stories I've seen a while, a bit tricky to follow, but in the end they pretty much spell it out for you, and then all the puzzle pieces fall in together and.... its better than sex. Similar to soundtrack and cinematography, the story and how much information we are giving underlines from what perspective the movie is being told.

Acting: all actors do amazing job, and are very well picked, anyone who has doubts about Jared Leto as an actor will change their mind after this movie.

A masterpiece. Simply the best movie I have ever seen. If you can appreciate cinematography beyond quality of CGI, you will fall in love with this movie. Beats heavy weights from 2000s like the Dark Knight by a mile.

Note that the home media version is the EXTENDED director's cut, which in my opinion was necessary, because the theatrical version felt a little bit as a sci-fi thriller. Where as now it's a drama, with sci-fi simply being a tool for story telling. The movie is quiet long, 2 hours 47 minutes.

10 out of 10, buy it, watch it, then watch it again. The more people know about this movie, the faster it can gain the acclaim it deserves.
  15. Jul 26, 2014
    Although somewhat confusing and seemingly off-track at times, Mr. Nobody accomplishes it's mission and pulls together for a big finish. It makes it pretty obvious the movie is about possibilities in life from the start, but for some reason it just twists your mind along the way. This is a pretty decent negative, hence the 9 points instead of 10. I mean, I'm pretty good at following plots,Although somewhat confusing and seemingly off-track at times, Mr. Nobody accomplishes it's mission and pulls together for a big finish. It makes it pretty obvious the movie is about possibilities in life from the start, but for some reason it just twists your mind along the way. This is a pretty decent negative, hence the 9 points instead of 10. I mean, I'm pretty good at following plots, but even I was getting a little twisted here and there. However, I don't really feel this is a huge plot blunder. It is hard to pull something like this off and not get some confusion, but it could've been arranged a bit better. Regardless, Mr. Nobody will having you crying, smiling, and most importantly, thinking. I just love movies that make you think, and while the concept of the many different possible roads in life may not be revolutionary for philosophy, some visual aid and drama to put things in perspective is appreciated. Overall, loved this movie, highly recommended if you can appreciate, and follow, a complex plot with philosophical meaning. Expand
  16. Aug 15, 2014
    Despite the time lapse photography this was a success. Mr. Nobody creates a depth of curiosity in this genuine sci-fi drama that expresses life and love in multiple aspects.
  17. Nov 1, 2014
    This movie is so beautiful, everything is perfect, maybe a bit confusing but that's still interesting and the end of this movie is fantastic, the ending is perfect! I recommend this movie, for me it's one of the best sci-fi movies to me.

1. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    Nov 1, 2013
    Van Dormael's intriguing script is more than matched in his flamboyant direction of this 2-hour-plus tale, heroically edited by Matyas Veress and Susan Shipton into a fluid, generally understandable narrative.
  2. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Oct 31, 2013
    van Dormael’s vivid visual sense and genuine curiosity about the nature of love and life, time and death, make it well worth surrendering to his imagination for a while.
  3. Reviewed by: Michael O'Sullivan
    Oct 31, 2013
    Van Dormael has crafted a saga that, even at two-plus hours, is endlessly, enormously watchable.