Mulholland Dr.

6.7

1. Jan 20, 2013
    David Lynch does and outstanding directing job in the complex thriller and mystery. Like the movie the acting gets better as the movie moves along. The problem is the movie is so complicated you don't really grasp the last 20 minutes because nothing really makes sense.
  2. Apr 16, 2011
    If having to listen to someone tell you about a dream they had is the cliche that represents all boring conversations, I'm not sure why this movie receives acclaim. There certainly is some artistry involved in provoking an emotional response in his audience, and it does feel like being trapped in a dream, but as a loose sequence of non-linear mood-scapes, it feels like you're watching theIf having to listen to someone tell you about a dream they had is the cliche that represents all boring conversations, I'm not sure why this movie receives acclaim. There certainly is some artistry involved in provoking an emotional response in his audience, and it does feel like being trapped in a dream, but as a loose sequence of non-linear mood-scapes, it feels like you're watching the film equivalent of lazy abstract paintings that you're sure were painted by a cat. I found that it angered and bored me simultaneously. And dreams aren't supposed to go on that long. Expand
  3. IsaacJ.
    Oct 27, 2001
    We were confused by the beginning and the ending. The middle was interesting, but not connected to anything that followed or preceded it. They should give out road maps with every ticket.
  4. VilfredoL.
    Aug 7, 2004
    David Lynch's films can be different. That's the best compliment I can give this one. Nothing redeeming, but Betty or Diane will take you on a little ride that may make you wish you'd done some illicit substances so you could have a decent excuse for the time you just wasted. I gave it a 5 because no one would likely read a 9 or 1 since the reviews are that polarized. The David Lynch's films can be different. That's the best compliment I can give this one. Nothing redeeming, but Betty or Diane will take you on a little ride that may make you wish you'd done some illicit substances so you could have a decent excuse for the time you just wasted. I gave it a 5 because no one would likely read a 9 or 1 since the reviews are that polarized. The folks wo gave it a 0 or 1 I understand. Those folks admitted they just pissed away 2 and a half hours. The nines and tens are living proof that you can sell anything. Obviously I just didn't get it, but if you get an hour into this and are waiting for somethig to happen, my advice is shut it off and go watch traffic on the interstate. It can be so much more meaningful. Expand
  5. SteveM.
    May 26, 2002
    I saw the film once. The beginning was engrossing. Lynch has an excellent way of entering into scenes in such a manner that leave one off balance. But the film degenerates into a morally repugnant and incoherent mess towards the end. I have no idea what it means, nor do I think that David Lynch knows what the movie means. Art needs to have meaning, even if the meaning goes beyond the I saw the film once. The beginning was engrossing. Lynch has an excellent way of entering into scenes in such a manner that leave one off balance. But the film degenerates into a morally repugnant and incoherent mess towards the end. I have no idea what it means, nor do I think that David Lynch knows what the movie means. Art needs to have meaning, even if the meaning goes beyond the intentions of the artist. But a basic necessity is that at face value a work needs some meaning. As usual, David Lynch displays enormous talent but refuses to employ his gifts on worthwhile projects. The Straight Story was an exception, and was excellent. The fact that Roger Ebert liked the film so much clued me in to the film. If Ebert likes a film too much or Roeper at all, skip the movie, it is not worth it. Expand
  6. Dec 30, 2014
    This movie is boring. This is one of those movies that put the enlightened critics against the regular people, i couldnt stand it. You can accuse me of ignorant of whatever, ill say that some of my favourite movies are for example aronofsky s requiem & the fountain, even when they are crazy and they repeat scenes they got sense, a story and they are not showing images and saying "if youThis movie is boring. This is one of those movies that put the enlightened critics against the regular people, i couldnt stand it. You can accuse me of ignorant of whatever, ill say that some of my favourite movies are for example aronofsky s requiem & the fountain, even when they are crazy and they repeat scenes they got sense, a story and they are not showing images and saying "if you dont understand this you are ignorant".

Una peli aburrida. De esas que enfrentan a los críticos con la gente. Me pareció insoportable. Me podrán decir ignorante, pero algunas de mis peliculas favoritas son Requiem y la Fuente de Aronofsky, que a pesar de ser películas bastante peculiares tienen sentido, no se dedican a mostrarte imagenes para luego generar esta sensación de cine "solo para entendidos".

Lynch's Hollywood is a grand old girl, but she's one with some very treacherous curves. To trace the contours of her sensuality, you need a camera as sensitive as a set of fingertips. Lynch's is.
  2. Like "Memento," Mulholland Drive is an amnesiac noir in the tradition that goes back to "Spellbound" and "Somewhere in the Night."
  3. It will frustrate viewers who like stories to make instant sense, but fans of provocative puzzles will have mind-teasing fun.