My Blueberry Nights

• Release Date: Apr 4, 2008

1. JaredC.
    Apr 1, 2008
    Even if Wong Kar Wai and Lawrence Block's My Blueberry Nights doesn't have a high-pitch note to whistle the beauty of romance, it still has a firm mood that audiences will feel awry about.
  2. DavideL.
    Apr 19, 2008
    the interpretation of Norah Jones is the very nice surprise of a very bad film. a film with a ridiculous plot and nothing to say.
  3. BessyR.
    Apr 5, 2008
    Not very engaging, hard to see Jones as an actress when she is also singing for the film's theme...disappointing..
  4. DiamondS.
    May 24, 2008
    This movie was engaging, but the plot failed miserably. The screen writer should have done more with Norah Jones character. It was definatly missing something and Norah Jones was not believable in the role. She had more sexual chemisty with both leading ladies then she did with Jude Law.
  5. JayH.
    Jun 23, 2008
    5.5/10. My Blueberry Nights has all the right ingredients, a skillful director, great cast, good story, but for me it just didn't work and I found my mind wandering and not wanting to stay focused. It lacked character depth.
  6. SebastianB.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Characters were undeveloped, I couldn't feel empathy for anyone. I'm a fan of Norah Jones' music but her acting semed very flat. A forgettable movie.

1. Reviewed by: Ed Gonzalez
    Jun 4, 2013
    Every shot is painstakingly thought out, but less emphasis is placed on the human face than on the surfaces that reflect it and the objects that obscure it, and the overall effect is close to that of fetish art.
    My Blueberry Nights may not quite be what fans of either Jones or Wong Kar-wai -- directing his first film in English -- are expecting. It's a late-night, lovelorn mood piece in a minor key, not complicated or convoluted, finally more confection than substance.
  3. The director is chasing a mood here -- a mood, an atmosphere and feelings -- much as he did in "In the Mood for Love."