My Dog Skip

8.3

1. ChristinaL
    Oct 2, 2006
    I liked the movie a lot it got to me.
  2. AndrewG.
    Apr 13, 2002
    I'm not usually like this but I'm realy sad after i saw this movie because i felt sorry for skip when willie left because he got really lonely.
  3. HenryD.
    Sep 12, 2002
    Hardly a kids' flick. Non-lovers of dogs won't get it. Young adults won't understand the nostalgia. Moose & Enzo are great.
  4. DannyW.
    Oct 16, 2003
    I laughed, I cried, I loved it!
  5. YoonC.
    Sep 23, 2003
    A finely realized, sensitive, and thoughtful movie about growing up. Its sentimentality is sweet without being saccharine, its childhood nostalgia is gold-tinged without sappiness. It has wonderful performances by kids and adults alike and that dog deserved the oscar for best performance by a canine. A convincing re-creation of a bygone era as well.
  6. GeneM.
    Dec 15, 2001
    I never thought a simple movie about a boy and his dog could have such an emotional impact on me. It moved me to tears, even more than "Saving Private Ryan."
  7. GregD.
    Mar 13, 2005
    Great family movie!
  8. Mar 28, 2015
    My Dog Skip is a very good family drama. The film is quite simple, but manages to be very good. The cast do a fine job here, and lead actor Frankie Muniz is very good compared to his other film roles. This is a well acted film, one that is sure to appeal to the entire family. This film has charm, a well written story and a good dose of comedy into its drama, which makes it a memorableMy Dog Skip is a very good family drama. The film is quite simple, but manages to be very good. The cast do a fine job here, and lead actor Frankie Muniz is very good compared to his other film roles. This is a well acted film, one that is sure to appeal to the entire family. This film has charm, a well written story and a good dose of comedy into its drama, which makes it a memorable film. The film is nothing new, but it works well enough to be fun, dramatic, sad and entertaining. Expand
  9. Apr 7, 2016
    My Dog Skip won't be enjoyable for those dog haters (Ok, how many people in the exact dang world hates dogs? In my guess, 0 because I never met one), but it will be enjoyable for dog lovers all the way!

Atmospheric and genial, and you've got to love the spectacle of a dog driving a car or parading around town like the unofficial mayor.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler