My Name Is Bruce

7.0

1. JayH.
    Feb 2, 2009
    Hopeless and inane, on a rare occasion it is funny, but the vast majority of the movie is crude and unfunny. What possesses people to make movies like this escape me.
  2. ChrisM.
    Nov 8, 2008
    The movie was hysterical. If you know Bruce Campbell and his career this movie is perfect for you. A lot of great meta humor that had the whole audience cracking up the entire time.
  3. JohnT.
    Dec 8, 2008
    A silly yet extremely fun movie, a definite must if you are a fan of Mr. Campbell.
  4. ManuelB.
    Feb 13, 2009
    Though campy, its exactly everything that is to be expected of a bruce campbell flick.... he is genious!
  5. DavidB.
    Nov 6, 2008
    Have to agree with the critics I'm afraid, and I'm a Bruce Cambell fan. I was so excited when I managed to get in to see it at Cannes, but came out gutted. Its just a string of fart gags and painfully bad acting. With a premise like that you'd have though there would be some clever in-jokes and side-swipes, but nope. There are plenty of references to old Campbell movies Have to agree with the critics I'm afraid, and I'm a Bruce Cambell fan. I was so excited when I managed to get in to see it at Cannes, but came out gutted. Its just a string of fart gags and painfully bad acting. With a premise like that you'd have though there would be some clever in-jokes and side-swipes, but nope. There are plenty of references to old Campbell movies which will cause a chuckle or two but there's nothing clever on show here. A real disappointment. Expand
  6. Jun 23, 2014
    Go into this movie knowing what it is, a cheap and cheesy B-movie starring and directed by Bruce Campbell. Not by any means a masterpiece, but it was never meant to be, but what it is an entertaining film. If you like the Evil Dead series and/or Bruce Campbell, then this movie is a must see as you can probably find something to like about (There are plenty of references in this film as a bonus).

1. Reviewed by: Aaron Hillis
    The only things missing from this unfunny Campbell love fest are a passable script, Sam Raimi's inventiveness, and a level of sophistication beyond nose-picking and ass grabs.
  2. Filled with awful, recycled jokes.
    While sporadically funny, the sophomoric My Name Is Bruce is no "Bubba Ho-Tep," the movie where Campbell unforgettably played Elvis Presley as a nursing home patient battling a mummy with the help of John F. Kennedy. But Campbell's fans can feel free to add a star or two.