4.8

1. Dec 14, 2011
    Don't waste your time with a movie that seems merely to have been made to showcase as many name actors as humanly possible. Story? Im still not clear on what that may have been. It's not a movie I would tend to go see but I got roped into it and it couldn't have been more painful. At least each actor I can't stand is only in it for a handful of minutes. It seems like just long enough for them to pick up a paycheck really. Expand
  2. Dec 12, 2011
    Even though New Year's Eve is nowhere near the worst film ever ("The Bounty Hunter" comes to mind) it's true to say that it is not good. However, if you are prepared to play a round of "spot the false teeth" then you are in for a treat! Does anyone in Hollywood have their own teeth these days?. My advice? Go with a bunch of girlfriends but make sure you have a very liquid lunch/dinner first.
  3. Oct 20, 2012
    Ugh! Only one of the five or six different stroylines was even a tad bit interesting. Clearly, "NYE" is a vehicle built to attract an audience eager to walk down Hollywood Blvd. Two time Oscar winner Hillary Swank was simply a dud...Or should I say her character. Mr. Marshall has done this sort of thing before - thinking he will be exonerated from blame for a crappy script by providing the audience with a bunch of big names. Well, this small name thought this was a waste of time. Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2011
    How was a movie like this made? My friend & I made a last minute decision to go to the movie and this was the only one playing, so we went. I am amazed that someone green-lit this film...it's horrible. From the drag-queen makeup on the ladies to BonJovi's red leather jacket that looked like it was from Brittany Spears tour circa 2002, then there's the plot and the writing...horrible. I stayed to watch because it was like a train wreck. I can write so much more, but I'll leave it at that. I guess I'm the biggest loser here because I paid to see it...but reader be warned. Expand
  5. Dec 7, 2012
    Likable cast, but completely pointless. I honestly have no idea why this movie was made. Overall I was entertained, but it left no mark on me whatsoever.
  6. Dec 23, 2011
    this movie was exactly what i thought it was going to be...just like valentine's day ( which i was not impressed with either). for having such a talented cast don't you think they could have made a better movie?? some of the sections were very slow too, i almost fell asleep in parts. I still think however, this was a fun holiday movie!
  7. Jan 5, 2012
    Remember the 2003 film Love Actually? Of course you do. It was a British classic. And do you remember the 2010 film Valentineâ
  8. Jan 13, 2012
    I'm giving this a mixed review - it was a pleasant surprise in that it wasn't your usual typical cringe-worthy rom-com but I feel the director tried way too hard to have an A-list packed cast. I think it's a shame when this happens because there's so many aspiring actors who can act much better than Jon Bon Jovi.
  9. Feb 9, 2012
    Okay this is so bad, this is a bad way to make a movie, to many people in this movie the story is a jump around. The only good thing about this movie and why it gets a 1 because of the love in this movie.... But the acting was really bad.....
  10. Aug 14, 2013
    This was so painful. So, so painful. I'm not sure what the draw is to getting big casts and compiling them into crappy holiday movies, this and valentines day were a huge waste of time.

1. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    Dec 12, 2011
    Even with the bar lowered, this seems appallingly bad, a lazy assortment of weak punch lines, sentimental music cues, and trite situations.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Dec 12, 2011
    New Year's Eve may be the ugliest movie of the year, from the garish lighting to the heavy make up and bad costumes.
  3. Reviewed by: Dave McGinn
    Dec 9, 2011
    New Year's Eve. It's big and shiny and crowded and no matter how much you might look forward to it, it never lives up to the hype. The movie is even worse.