6.2

1. JillD
    Oct 6, 2008
    Cute with some funny parts. I would wait for the DVD.
  2. carlg
    Oct 14, 2008
    Stay away from this one unless you're under 18. If you're over 18 just buy the soundtrack. Also, what was up with that sex scene????? Could they wear any more clothes?
  3. Andrew
    Oct 20, 2008
    The movie was at all times painfully aware of its teenage audience and was constantly trying to impress them with that hip offbeat humor that only Juno was been able to capture.
  4. AMovieCritic
    Feb 4, 2009
    It's an interesting film about a group of teens who spend a night driving through New York City after a concert looking for their lost and drunk friend. Essentially, it's an "indie-like" movie aimed at the mainstream, which means loads of hi-jinks and cartoony situations and forced plot are thrown into what should have been a realistic and thought-provoking film. It's an It's an interesting film about a group of teens who spend a night driving through New York City after a concert looking for their lost and drunk friend. Essentially, it's an "indie-like" movie aimed at the mainstream, which means loads of hi-jinks and cartoony situations and forced plot are thrown into what should have been a realistic and thought-provoking film. It's an interesting end result, with an amazing soundtrack and a real sense of fun, and it portrays New York City as a playground. There's one scene of danger (And oddly enough it doesn't happen to a drunk girl alone in the Port Authority after 2:00 in the morning) but otherwise, this movie takes place in a city that's a safe and magical site for fun adventures and falling in love; It's like what immigrants in the 19th century must have imagined New York City was like; a sparkling city with roads paved with gold. I liked the music and I liked the world created. I wasn't a fan of the two leads (the actors are great, I just didn't think they were given much to work with) and I was disappointed that what began as a fairly realistic movie turned into nearly a cartoon by the end. (Seriously, if someone drank enough alcohol to be as "drunk" as Caroline supposedly was, they'd be dead,) but I still say it's a decent watch, I really liked the world the filmmakers created... I sort of wish it actually existed. Definitely a worthwhile date movie, just don't expect much. Expand
  5. DaveW.
    Mar 5, 2009
    This movie was somewhat entertaining to watch, but don't expect to get much out of it. From the title, I assumed Nick and Nora were together, which they weren't. The majority of the movie is spent looking for a concert from a band that does poor advertising, and judging by the size of the concert, should probably advertise their venues, rather than not telling anyone. The only This movie was somewhat entertaining to watch, but don't expect to get much out of it. From the title, I assumed Nick and Nora were together, which they weren't. The majority of the movie is spent looking for a concert from a band that does poor advertising, and judging by the size of the concert, should probably advertise their venues, rather than not telling anyone. The only thing that was really accomplished in the movie, was Nick and Nora getting together, which I assumed we would have started with, given the title. Expand
  6. KadeeC.
    Feb 5, 2009
    this movie would get more if it wasn't made after a book that I loved so much.and totally not even close to the book The movie wasn't that great. But I wont say I didn't like it.
  7. StevenL
    Oct 15, 2008
    this movie is a six, but i downgraded it because i could have watched burn after reading or body of lies instead. remember jay from knocked up? apparently he's a badass in this movie. at a whopping 150 lbs., he is clearly the biggest guy in the movie. maybe not, but still. my name is whatever you need it to be? i don't subscribe to any label? this movie has been done 1000 times this movie is a six, but i downgraded it because i could have watched burn after reading or body of lies instead. remember jay from knocked up? apparently he's a badass in this movie. at a whopping 150 lbs., he is clearly the biggest guy in the movie. maybe not, but still. my name is whatever you need it to be? i don't subscribe to any label? this movie has been done 1000 times and 500 times better. the ride is predictable, all the funny parts are shown in the previews, and nothing is really that funny. skip it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    This is the kind of sparsely plotted comedy that depends on compelling characters, but it stars two young actors defined by ironic detachment.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Plays like something crafted in a lab by 54-year-old hucksters trying to sell shit to the kids under the cheerless guise of "alternative." The only thing it's an alternative to? Good.
  3. So much goes down on Nick and Norah's one enchanted evening that the best advice is to enjoy the ride -- the actual ride -- around this vibrant new New York.