8.2

1. SlavisaM.
    Feb 21, 2006
    As I was born in Bosnia and I have lived here for all my life, I was extremely prowd when No Man's Land won the Oscar in 2002. But...I've only seen it later to see, how simple and well, simple it is. In consideration with Amelie Poulain it's a piece of cake, not worth of seing, the least. I do know that people think it's politically correct but..it's just plain As I was born in Bosnia and I have lived here for all my life, I was extremely prowd when No Man's Land won the Oscar in 2002. But...I've only seen it later to see, how simple and well, simple it is. In consideration with Amelie Poulain it's a piece of cake, not worth of seing, the least. I do know that people think it's politically correct but..it's just plain simple. Nothing special. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Richard Schickel
    All the actors in No Man's Land are wonderfully alive, fractious and unpredictable. Their performances also help break down the schematics and turn this into an emotionally potent, powerfully thoughtful and finally tragic experience.
    Fierce, funny and finally devastating, Tanovic's superb film offers a timely look at the roots of civil war and acts of terrorism on both sides that can be exploited by political and media hypocrites alike.
  3. Some of the film's points are made a bit too heavily, but the subject is as timely as it is timeless, and many of the performances strike a pitch-perfect balance between parody and passion.