4.4

1. Jan 4, 2015
    1/5★ Eddie Murphy is a funny, talented guy who can play several distinct characters in one film. Norbit is a disgusting, how was this made, why am I laughing film that is a mean and crass misfire that makes Big Momma look like Shakespeare. I have no doubt the cast in this film: respected actors like Thandie Newton and Cuba Gooding, Jr. wish that Norbit fade away, never to be spoken of1/5★ Eddie Murphy is a funny, talented guy who can play several distinct characters in one film. Norbit is a disgusting, how was this made, why am I laughing film that is a mean and crass misfire that makes Big Momma look like Shakespeare. I have no doubt the cast in this film: respected actors like Thandie Newton and Cuba Gooding, Jr. wish that Norbit fade away, never to be spoken of again.
    Verdict: Skip
  2. Jun 8, 2014
    Awful movie, all the praise for this movie must be from the marketing department! This review must be 150 characters, but there are no words for how bad this film is. AWFUL.
  3. May 4, 2014
    Eddie Murphy supposedly insulted a lot of people with this film: foreigners, racial stereotypes, obese women, nerds, hopeless romantics, animals, intelligent people, and moviegoers. But the one person whose feelings he hurt more than anyone else was his own.
  4. Aug 5, 2013
    Norbit es la clase de pelicula fastidiosa que intenta llegar lejos de una forma mediocre,pero logra un poco dentro del fracaso pues logra tener algo de humor despues de un tiempo
  5. Nov 12, 2012
    Another stupid comedy that tries WAY too hard to entertain you, and fails miserably.
  6. Feb 28, 2012
    I feel like if this movie had come out about the time The Nutty Professor came out it would have done better. The makeup they did for the the various Eddie Murphy characters was good and very realistic. That was the only positive in the movie though. I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters and in all honesty found Norbit annoying. The only more annoying character wasI feel like if this movie had come out about the time The Nutty Professor came out it would have done better. The makeup they did for the the various Eddie Murphy characters was good and very realistic. That was the only positive in the movie though. I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters and in all honesty found Norbit annoying. The only more annoying character was Rasputia. It makes me sad the Cuba Gooding Jr. was in this and it makes me really sad that Eddie Murphy feels like he has to go back to his old ways to re-make his career instead of moving forward as an actor. Expand
  7. Jan 11, 2011
    this might be one of the most, if not the most unfunny movies I've ever seen. Waste of time, space, and talent.where's the old Eddie Murphy, the funny one. I think he died with Pluto Nash
  8. Jan 11, 2011
    was unacceptable really 1 is too much i should give it 0 was dreadful was worse than date movie '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  9. ClaytonH
    Aug 8, 2007
    Pure garbage. Vile and offensive.
  10. JonQ.
    Jun 5, 2007
    Eddie Murphy should be ashamed for producing this appalling piece of racist, sexist and horrendous rubbish which is claimed to be a comedy. It brings shame to the genre and cinema itself. We have a brilliant actor, a influential black one as well, showing his stupid side and making a poor film after creating such brilliant films such as the Nutty Professor. The reviews are harsh, I saw Eddie Murphy should be ashamed for producing this appalling piece of racist, sexist and horrendous rubbish which is claimed to be a comedy. It brings shame to the genre and cinema itself. We have a brilliant actor, a influential black one as well, showing his stupid side and making a poor film after creating such brilliant films such as the Nutty Professor. The reviews are harsh, I saw the film to see how awful it was - no redemption, perhaps the credits are good because you know this nonsense is over. Shame on Mr Murphy and don't bother even mentioning this name. Murphy is a great disappointment and he is better than all the other crappy comedy actors like Sandler, Ferrel and other low lives. He is brilliant but this is something he would want to forgot. Just avoid this film and watch something which is actually funny and show him how it is done - him being black is not the issue but the fact that he is a role model means that he has let people down and moved back years in terms of what people laugh at. crude and hard to watch - i feel sick and ill. Murphy is one of my favourite actors, he has let me down. Captain Meow over. Expand
  11. JonW.
    May 11, 2007
    A movie with Eddie Murphy in a fat suit--yeah, there's something we haven't seen enough of.
  12. JulzK.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Boring and crap. They tried to make it too serious. Shoud have just been dumb fun.
  13. EricC.
    Mar 23, 2007
    I know it's not fair to judge a genre on one movie, but wow. Black cinema, you better roll out something good to cover the wound this movie has done to your image. Don't worry, white people are having the same trouble. We just had WIld Hogs. And Ghost Rider. And Premonition. And TMNT. You know what, maybe Spanish cinema can fix this for us.
  14. MandyB
    Mar 10, 2007
    It is the most awful offensive disturbing film i have ever seen. Racist, offensive to overweight people and what seems to be most unnoticed is that its a film which claims abuse is funny!!!!!!!! Something which is most definately is not. Watching some guy get beaten up by his wife--i have a sense of humour--and that is not funny, thats disturbing.
  15. SeanP.
    Mar 8, 2007
    Whoa, SF Chronicle, c'mon.... Even MENTIONING the Oscars in a review of this horrendous film is like sacrilege. Don't waste your money, even for a rental later on.
  16. EmoKid
    Mar 5, 2007
    When will Eddie Murphy stop? Well I can't wait to see the next movie...EXTRAS....Pshhh who needs them we have Eddie Murphy. Not worth the time or money to go see.
  17. OshaB.
    Mar 1, 2007
    The way Eddie Murphy spoke of this movie, I thought it would be hilarious, but quite the contrary. It was a waste of nine dollars and very disappointing. Bad humor, predictable plot, and unneccessary bad language.It has too much adult content to take the young kids and not enough humor for any one older than 17 to enjoy. There were a few moments where you may have thought about laughing, The way Eddie Murphy spoke of this movie, I thought it would be hilarious, but quite the contrary. It was a waste of nine dollars and very disappointing. Bad humor, predictable plot, and unneccessary bad language.It has too much adult content to take the young kids and not enough humor for any one older than 17 to enjoy. There were a few moments where you may have thought about laughing, but that feeling soon went away.I know Eddie Murphy can do better than that. Collapse
  18. Deanna
    Feb 25, 2007
    I was disappointed. I was hoping for a few laughs, but this movie was obiously created for 8-year-olds.
  19. BobG.
    Feb 24, 2007
    It's incomprehensible why Eddie Murphey would subject himslef to this absolute garbage. He doesn't deserve this. Eddie is a fine actor, but wasting his talent in a formidable fat-suit cannot elevate a career.
  20. DarnellP.
    Feb 24, 2007
    I love Mr. Murphy but this was the most god awful piece of crap Ii've ever seen. The only thing that can explain Murphy agreeing to do something this bad is as a favor to his brother Charles. The always hilarious Katt Williams is wasted in this film and every "joke" fell flat on it's face.

The fun in Norbit is watching Murphy at work – the guy has a knack for bringing the physicality of his comic characters to life.
  2. Murphy speaks in a breathy lisp, as if his mouth had been partially buttoned shut, and he doesn't give himself the nerd's traditional redeeming feature of a geeky, slide-rule intellect. Norbit, all frozen gawk, is just a very dim bulb.
  3. Reviewed by: Rob Nelson
    It's an astonishingly crass and vulgar film, crudely directed on a cut-rate budget by Brian Robbins, never more than almost funny or less than disturbing.