Columbia Pictures | Release Date: December 14, 2001
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 89 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
TylerD.May 5, 2002
Though hilarious at times, the movie seems very desperate for laughs and it seems like the movie was thrown together in 5 minutes. The plus is great guest cameo by famous figures like Mr. T, Molly Ringwall and Melissa Joan Hart.
J.SrogaJul 2, 2002
This movie kicked a$$, and although its a pardoy, most high schools are like that. Most schools have the geeky best friend, the popular jock, the nasty cheerleader, and the cruelest girl in school.
MattR.Jul 2, 2002
Destroys all taboos of comedy. Incredibly hot girls.
DanaY.Dec 14, 2001
It wasn't as bad as the reporters said. Maybe the reporters are just to old to know what's cool and what's not. So don't listen to them and go see this movie!
TJM.May 5, 2002
Super hilarious, if you give it less than 8 you're on CRACK!!
AdamN.Jul 16, 2002
One of the funniest movies ever. How the f**k iz it gunna get a 31 overall. It's probably cause old people rate all movies.
KelR.Apr 27, 2003
I love this movie, it's straight up halarious, non stop laughs throughout. The jokes obviously are witty and well thought out. The funniest movie ever made, thank you very much.
IndiO.Jul 21, 2003
I thought this movie was so funny i have seen it 9 times.
AyiMay 31, 2004
I could only ask for another "not another teen movie"... Ü
PonR.Apr 3, 2005
Sorry. I'm going to have to disagree with critics on this one. Yes, many of the jokes were heavy-handed and over-the-top, but many more were spot on and hit their satirical targets with surprising accuracy. Too much fun to dismiss.
RubenMay 6, 2002
Randy Quaid is hillarious!! There is no other actor that can portray white trash like he does. When he says Rug Muncher I laughed for about a week.
MattB.Jun 30, 2002
This movie cleverly and light heartedly pokes fun at any cliche that we have seen over the last 20 years in teen films. It was about time someone poked fun at what directors and producers have been spoon feeding teenagers are what they are This movie cleverly and light heartedly pokes fun at any cliche that we have seen over the last 20 years in teen films. It was about time someone poked fun at what directors and producers have been spoon feeding teenagers are what they are supposed to like. For anyone who says this movie seems "desperate" or "over the line" they have obviously taken the movie far too seriously. The movie is meant to seem desperate, it is meant to be stupid...that is whats funny for gods sakes! Anyone who can watch this movie and keep a straight face is obviously way too uptight. Expand
MichelleP.Aug 12, 2003
Well, after being disappointed with "Matrix Reloaded" AND "Legally Blonde 2", I felt there was no hope for a decent summer flick other than Nemo which I saw enough times. I was actually anticipating on seeing this movie (the trailers were Well, after being disappointed with "Matrix Reloaded" AND "Legally Blonde 2", I felt there was no hope for a decent summer flick other than Nemo which I saw enough times. I was actually anticipating on seeing this movie (the trailers were the reason), but then the SF Chronicle pretty much gave it a bomb so I was reluctant to see it. But I did. And I had so much fun too. Johnny Depp MADE the movie, he was hilarious. It was like watching "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" only a bit more serious and it wasn't set in the medieval times. Had it not had in humor, this movie would have been AWFUL. The plot was very creative (heck if this film had been made into novel and not a movie it still would've been great). The action scenes held my attention better than "The Matrix Reloaded"'s did. And it had incredibly cool special effects as well. Yes, it's long but I didn't care. The only complaint I have is that one plot hole about Johnny Depp's character, but I don't want to give it away. Overall, go sea it, and ignore the negative reviews. Expand
lukes.Apr 9, 2005
I hope they make anoter one this movie is so funny thats why i give it a 10.
JennaK.May 15, 2002
One word: HILARIOUS!!! The music was great too!
AHMay 23, 2002
Absolutely hilarious!! Great soundtrack!
DanielM.Jun 25, 2002
This movie not only keeps it real, its actually funny, and goes against all the teeny boppers beliefs, If I could rate higher than a ten I would.
BlakeW.Jun 29, 2002
This movie was the sh.t!...lol I laughed my ass off through the whole Detention scene..."Your mother was a....HO!"...lolol...This movie was wicked funny everyone should see it...
LatassiaK.Aug 17, 2002
Extremely naughty, mouth-exhaustingly funny and full of head-turning scenes! not anymore one of the cliches but a witty mixture of all the stale scenes repaired and aggravated to make fun of these tons of teen movie and stories we'reExtremely naughty, mouth-exhaustingly funny and full of head-turning scenes! not anymore one of the cliches but a witty mixture of all the stale scenes repaired and aggravated to make fun of these tons of teen movie and stories we're perfectly inured of. bravo! Expand
AlastairP.Dec 18, 2002
It seems like a perfect movie. it's funny, it's got great actors and a good score. and thank god, it's clever. of course it's rated o for offensive.
SpunkyMonkeyAug 15, 2012
I've only seen a handful of the movies that this parodies, yet still find this one of the most funny and repayable stupid comedies out there. No American Pie morality, no underlying sub-plots, just pure stupid jokes, crammed in T&A and theI've only seen a handful of the movies that this parodies, yet still find this one of the most funny and repayable stupid comedies out there. No American Pie morality, no underlying sub-plots, just pure stupid jokes, crammed in T&A and the odd offensive gag in there to add the slight edge here (although that is very underplayed). I absolutely love this film and the way it drags cheesy yank rom-coms down to the level of us every-day Joe's. A classic. Expand
Meth-dudeJul 21, 2015
This is a good parody/comedy movie,The acting is not convincing (that's the point) and what is happening in the movie is barely impossible but it's just a parody and it is suppose to be pretty bad and dumb.