6.4

1. KathyP.
    Nov 25, 2007
    What was going on with the close up of Ellen Barkin and Matt Damon? The zits on Damon's face was awful to look at, but Ellen Barkin looked like she had five o'clock shadow. Why didn't they fix the print before they released it?
  2. MichaelM.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Horrible.. Horrible.. movie, I was literally yanking my hair out praying for it to end! George Clooney and all the other big-name actors hired to advertise this BS have hit a new low. The acting/storyline/jokes were so so bad in this flick, I cringe just thinking about it. Its the type of mind-numbing garbage that has no right to be distributed in mass media.Yet Another cookie-cutter Horrible.. Horrible.. movie, I was literally yanking my hair out praying for it to end! George Clooney and all the other big-name actors hired to advertise this BS have hit a new low. The acting/storyline/jokes were so so bad in this flick, I cringe just thinking about it. Its the type of mind-numbing garbage that has no right to be distributed in mass media.Yet Another cookie-cutter trilogy created for the soul purpose of killing an original idea by pounding it into the ground (sucking it dry of money) until its lost all meaning. I mean seriously, its like they didn't even try. Please don't let them steal your money...they already got mine. Expand
  3. DanP.
    Jun 10, 2007
    Self-indulgent not in the least bit funny, Ocean's 13 is the kind of movie you'll initially stick up for and then not remember at all in a week.
  4. JanetP.
    Jun 8, 2007
    Not funny and not much action, esteemed actors sleep walking through their roles waiting for payday? Ho Hum Goodbye Hollywood, DeMille and Zanuck and LB Mayer must be spinning in their graves considering product we get today.
  5. BillC.
    Jun 17, 2007
    Lots of talented actors--but a weak and uninteresting story line. There's nothing there to make you want to see this movie.Even the soundtrack was dull.Aside from my wife and I , the theater was empty. There's no good word-of-mouth on this film, and now I know why.
  6. AdamS.
    Jun 24, 2007
    [***SPOILER ALERT***] This was just completely predictable if you've seen the first two, and it lacked most of the fun. Did anyone NOT think that the FBI agent was going to turn out to be Matt Damon's dad? He KEPT mentioning him, and the ONLY other male character in the movie besides Bank that we hadn't seen before was the FBI agent. And his mom played a vital "surpise" in [***SPOILER ALERT***] This was just completely predictable if you've seen the first two, and it lacked most of the fun. Did anyone NOT think that the FBI agent was going to turn out to be Matt Damon's dad? He KEPT mentioning him, and the ONLY other male character in the movie besides Bank that we hadn't seen before was the FBI agent. And his mom played a vital "surpise" in the last one. Duh. And the smug pats on the back at the end. Uch. This was just really bad. Expand
  7. johnc.
    Jul 7, 2007
    Dreadful writing equals a dreadful movie.
  8. RichR.
    Dec 16, 2007
    Sorry, because Steven Soderbergh used to be one of America's best directors, but this movie pure bilge. It feels like all the actors are in on an "in joke" but I'll be danged if I can figure out what it is. Sure, George and Brad are nice guys in real life, but they should get real parts next time instead of wasting their time like this.
    May 31, 2007
    Matt Damon is funny and has the best action scenes while DOn Chedle shines. But the movie, overall is not very good at all. It is boring and annyoing.
  10. AnalogueBubblebath
    Jun 29, 2007
    A true shambles. I wasn't expecting a classic, but neither was I expecting to spend half the movie rolling my eyes and the other half cursing myself for providing financial support to this kind of rubbish. Incredibly poor script, appalling performances (esp Pacino and Damon), and weak humour. One to avoid.
  11. RobertK
    Jul 10, 2007
    I was definitely disappointed in this movie. The print I saw had scenes that were so dark it was hard to see very much of anything, the dialogue was muffled at times, and the "con" was limp and confusing in its own right. OK, it wasn't supposed to be a "heavyweight" movie, but with such a stellar cast, and an A list director, i at least want to be entertained for 2 hours. I I was definitely disappointed in this movie. The print I saw had scenes that were so dark it was hard to see very much of anything, the dialogue was muffled at times, and the "con" was limp and confusing in its own right. OK, it wasn't supposed to be a "heavyweight" movie, but with such a stellar cast, and an A list director, i at least want to be entertained for 2 hours. I can't say much of anything that I can recommend about this movie. I wonder if I somehow saw a different print than the critics did. Expand
  12. JaredC.
    Aug 12, 2007
    Boring.
  13. radgirl
    Jun 13, 2007
    Worst movie I have ever seen. Unbelievably boring, no suspense. Pitt has a pretty face and cannot act. What a "pitty." Clooney and Damon can act, but there is virtually nothing for them to say in this terrible screenplay. I was dragged to see this movie and wish I had spent my money and time doing something else.
  14. DWilly
    Jun 19, 2007
    Oh, Lordy, what a bad movie. Nothing's at stake, nobody cares. This world of smug can now be classified as sci/fi, with its stars walking amongst us as unaffected gods (having the power to make an airport slot machine pay out 11 mil on the spot, just as a fun gift for someone they've tormented). Only Carl Reiner and Andy Garcia offer what someone could call performances, with Oh, Lordy, what a bad movie. Nothing's at stake, nobody cares. This world of smug can now be classified as sci/fi, with its stars walking amongst us as unaffected gods (having the power to make an airport slot machine pay out 11 mil on the spot, just as a fun gift for someone they've tormented). Only Carl Reiner and Andy Garcia offer what someone could call performances, with Pacino, Damon and Barkin truly embarrassing their past accomplishments. Expand
  15. TomR.
    Jun 26, 2007
    I was very disappointed. Oceans 11 is one of my favorite light comedies: good lines, killer plot, fun situations, quirky characters, tension and conflict. This one? No tension, no romance, no interesting conflcts and no surprises. This one is merely sentimental and dull. Based on Oceans 11, Messrs. Clooney and Pitt could be an updated classic Hollywood comedy team, one of the best, but I was very disappointed. Oceans 11 is one of my favorite light comedies: good lines, killer plot, fun situations, quirky characters, tension and conflict. This one? No tension, no romance, no interesting conflcts and no surprises. This one is merely sentimental and dull. Based on Oceans 11, Messrs. Clooney and Pitt could be an updated classic Hollywood comedy team, one of the best, but are given nothing interesting to do or say here. The formerly great actor Al Pacino has become an unwatchable freak. The Matt Damon/Ellen Barkin set of scenes is painful to watch. Laughs in entirety?: exactly 1.5. Avoid this colossal bore. Expand
  16. Filmfan
    Sep 14, 2007
    Just really boring- no plot, no fun interaction between the actors.
  17. Jim
    Dec 13, 2007
    This movie was a complete waste of time. After about 45 minutes, I couldn't wait any longer to see if I actually cared how it ended, and turned it off. Matt Damon seemed like he flew in to shoot a few lines, where they kept the first 'take' and he was outta' there. His performance seemed artificial at best, and the rest of the movie was nothing but pseudo-cool dialog This movie was a complete waste of time. After about 45 minutes, I couldn't wait any longer to see if I actually cared how it ended, and turned it off. Matt Damon seemed like he flew in to shoot a few lines, where they kept the first 'take' and he was outta' there. His performance seemed artificial at best, and the rest of the movie was nothing but pseudo-cool dialog between Pitt, Clooney, and company. Like watching a bad high school play, where everybody tries to act cool, and the audience yawns. Soderberg or whoever else is responsible for the BS content of these movies needs to grow up and learn how to make a real film that's actually worth watching. Even an all-star cast can't make crap enjoyable to watch. Expand

1. This time, in a clever script by Brian Koppelman & David Levien (who wrote the poker drama "Rounders"), the heist is for friendship.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    As smooth as a good mojito, as stylish as an Armani suit and as meaningful in the grand scheme of things as yesterday's Las Vegas betting odds, Ocean's Thirteen"continues the breezy good times of the first two series entries without missing a beat.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    This one is all about the boys. But as glad as we are to see them, watching the third installment is like attending a college reunion too soon after the last one: after the initial welcome, there's not all that much to say.