6.2

1. Apr 8, 2012
    The target audience as pro-life, evangelicals and this flick probably nails that demographic. The movie has plastic characters and the plot is quite predictable. Some of the coincidences that move the plot along are laughable and unbelievable but then again if one does believe in "divine intervention..." they work. If you have been enamored with this movie, stay through the credits for a powerful testimony by one of the actors. It is one of the few highlights of the movie. The theology in the movie was not offensive to me, the pro-life stand was over the top... Expand
  2. Mar 27, 2012
    this movie has terrible acting, poor cinematography and the writing makes me think that a group of middle school children in bible camp wrote it. i was forced to see it by my catholic school and it was a terrible experience that honestly makes me want to go pro choice. the plot is as generic as any other movie about "finding yourself" and the main character is as flat as the wafers they give out during mass. don't waste your time on this because you don't have to be pro life and also think this movie is good. Expand
  3. Mar 24, 2012
    The movie reviewers who dislike this movie are clearly biased. There is some legitimate criticism, but for the budget of this film, the acting, cinematography, and storyline are outstanding. It is certainly a hot-button topic, but delivered in a way that truly makes you think about what it is that makes a person have dignity and rights. There is a wonderful message of genuine love and healing that only the most hard-hearted and cruel can shun. I recommend it highly, especially over the other bilge that is foisted on us as "entertainment". Expand
  4. Oct 22, 2012
    The message and social issue are relevant, but most of October Baby comes across as heavy handed and poorly written melodrama. A few scenes that touch on the issue and are very powerful but most scenes are heavy handed and poorly written. Too bad a much better film on the issue would have been great for a time like today.
  5. Nov 18, 2012
    I'm seeing a pattern here. Every time a movie has religious messages, most critics bash it. Don't listen to the critics this time. This movie is mostly talk but its also truth. Don't let your religious beliefs get in the way of enjoying a movie.
  6. Mar 24, 2012
    I just got back from seeing October Baby. I'll say that, from a Christian film perspective, it was a definite step up from the overall quality of Fireproof and Courageous (both of which I have seen). The actors and actresses were better, the filmography was better, and the story was better. There were a few weak parts from what I remember, yet I still feel that those didn't detract too much from the greater picture.

I don't think that this film will resonate well with those who have something against Christianity (or with those who believe that a film should not push religious agenda to any degree), but for those who aren't put off by such things, the message is truly one of healing. I think this film speaks with a loving tone toward all involved in the abortion process, and even though it might not endure along with the canon of "classic films", it will most assuredly work as a healing salve to some very deep wounds.
  7. Mar 29, 2012
    October Baby is one of those films that most media critics will pan for its pro-life message and give little credit to the quality of the film. The quality performances and script give it a less amateurish feel than its Sherwood productions predecessors, and the film's script touches on many deeper issues such as forgiveness and family relationships without being preachy. Yet while this film has many great qualities that make it stand apart, the critics will not be able to put aside their political biases to give credit where credit is due. Too bad. Expand
  8. Mar 31, 2012
    This movie was VERY disappointing to me. #1. The girl was VERY disrespectful to her parents. They were loving, footing the bill for her expensive college, yet she hated herself and wanted to die?? Please.
    Not very believable.
    #2. She is Baptist, yet has to go to a Catholic Priest to find out about grace and forgiveness?? That should be turned around, because it's the BAPTIST church
    where IN REALITY she would most likely find out about grace and forgiveness.
    #3. This movie is TOO serious. There is no light hearted laughable moments. Even in very serious films, there needs to be a light hearted laughable moment.
  9. jrs
    Oct 29, 2012
    A joke of a film, with an unfortunate basis in fear and disinformation. Save yourself the time, and just fondly recall the last Lifetime Network movie you've seen -- now with more anti-abortion propaganda!

1. Reviewed by: Mark Feeney
    Apr 12, 2012
    Its anti-abortion stance aside, October Baby looks and feels like a Lifetime movie waiting not to happen.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    Apr 11, 2012
    October Baby earns points for the originality of its protagonist but it has no chance of preaching to anyone but the choir.
  3. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Mar 24, 2012
    That whole aspect of October Baby creeped me out a lot more than the blood-curdling failed-abortion story did, honestly. I've seen a lot of movies where crazy and impossible things happen, and you just have to roll with them. Real life is much more frightening.