OSS 117: Cairo, Nest of Spies

1. AlanB.
    May 13, 2008
    Great French farce of 60's Spy films with brilliantly comedic performance by Jean Dejardin in the title role of French secret agent OSS 117.
  2. JackB.
    May 12, 2008
    I don't give 10s to that many movies, but this one is a just about perfect comedy. Endlessly re-watchable, just as funny the fifth time as the first. Great little subtleties you only notice after watching a few times.
  3. Jan 9, 2015
    For a few smart scenes, this movie is unfunny for me. It was been there, done that, plain and simple. I hate the silliness in it, the embarrassing scenes which people are mechanized to laugh at, which is an insult. I don't like it. It isn't a good comedy, dumb and sophomoric. Bad.

1. Reviewed by: Lisa Nesselson
    A spy spoof that -- rarity of rarities -- represents a remake actually worth making. Current comic fave Jean Dujardin plays title character OSS 117 as a kind of James Bond crossed with Maxwell Smart.
    A frequently uproarious send-up of Jean Bruce's long-running series of spy novels.
  3. The real joy here is the performance of Jean Dujardin, who, besides being very funny as the Gallic Maxwell Smart, is also enormously charismatic and is made to look uncannily (and I do mean uncannily) like the young Sean Connery of "Dr. No" and "Goldfinger."