6.5

1. May 4, 2014
    Surprisingly really enjoyed this and laughed along with the characters all the way. Great cast! It's Michael Bay, so my expectations were low to average, but I thought this was terrific and criminally fun. Mark Wahlberg and the Rock have always been those actors that you just like the minute they appear on screen!
  2. Dec 3, 2013
    Simply a crazy movie. About a lot more than just moving iron up and down.It's about motivation, perseverance, and a will to rise above yourself.
    The music they had in the movie was hilarious, and they had they same theme playing for a long time. It was very different and moving, Also it has comedy, babes, and action, what more could a guy want.
  3. Oct 18, 2013
    A sad, disturbing movie with some really fun actors doing great satire. Like Fargo or Burn After Reading but much better. More than just a comedy saying "People are stupid", the finger here is pointed squarely at masculinity and the "American Dream".
  4. Aug 16, 2013
    People need to realize this is based on a true story about one of the most bizarre cases ever! They made it weird and they way it was supposed to be. This isn't a typical movie.
  5. Aug 16, 2013
    First off I just want to say I loved this film, fantastic story with twists, suspense, comedy and thrills. Mix in some brilliant acting, especially from The Rock and you've got yourself a fantastic film. It does help if you lift weights because you find it more relateable, but there's still much fun to be had if you don't. Well worth watching.
  6. Aug 15, 2013
    Another example why you shouldn't listen to "critics" who lover scores because it's not silent, black and white, heart braking war story that either makes you sleepy or feel horrible inside. It's fast-paste dark comedy that would make you laugh at things you shouldn't. Just watch it and decide for yourself.
  7. Aug 4, 2013
    The story telling was unique, it was a dark comedy that was marketed as Hangover type experience which is why you see people not liking the film, that and Christian people who can't take a joke. I would say it should have been marketed as more of a crime movie which is what it ends up being. Overall good movie with dishonest marketing.
  8. May 27, 2013
    one of the best movies I saw
    .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  9. May 20, 2013
    What a surprising film out of nowhere, I honestly didn't expect much from this film and had it not been for a free ticket I wouldn't of caught this in theaters, but I'm so happy I did. It has that dark and quirky humor that keeps you laughing from start to finish. Each character does a great job in their respected role. Wahlberg and The Rock had me laughing at just about everything. This is surely one of the more entertaining films of the year so far in my opinion. I'm not sure if I enjoyed it as much as I did because I expected nothing, or Mark Wahlbergs dry humor just kept the movie continuously interesting and amusing. The trailer pretty much prepares you for a film that it is certainly not. I highly recommend giving this a shot, it's sad to see it not getting the credit I feel it deserves, but I believe that to be because of Bays reputation and people that couldn't look into the humor of it all. WATCH THIS MOVIE! Expand
  10. May 7, 2013
    New film from the director of Transformer's films is well-told story based on real events. Film has very stupid protagonists, funny jokes and profound subtext (somewhere). "Pain & Gain" is not without flaws some inconsistencies in the story can spoil the viewing experience. But still, this is an interesting film that would have cost his view again.
  11. May 4, 2013
    Pain and Gain is by far Michael Bay's best movie since The Rock. He directed a nearly perfect movie. The naysayers or this movie are probably still rapped up in the previous film by Michael Bay, Transformers 3. We can all agree that the third and hopefully final installment of the Transformers franchise was dissapointing. However, this is definitely a redemption, it was a perfect balance between funny and serious, with a little bit of action. This movie, in better terms, was a brilliant piece of art. Expand
  12. Apr 29, 2013
    This movie was very interesting. A blend of tragedy and dark comedy, it is one enjoyable film. The feelings for every individual character is evoked initially and changes as the movie progresses, for the better or for the worse, this movie is a must-watch.
  13. Apr 28, 2013
    Pain & Gain is what it looks like when Michael Bay decides he wants to make a little movie, as opposed to another action epic. The director known for making bombastic action blockbusters has taken a step back to make a smaller film based on a true story, but it does not mean he put his signature style in check. Pain & Gain is very glossy film, gorgeous at times, and certainly not subtle. It is also an incredibly dark comedy, with a story so ridiculous that it has to be true, and it is. Based on a true crime story, this film does its best to depict what happens when seemingly good-natured crooks get in way over their heads and resort to drastic measures to achieve their American dream. While Bay's style can be grating for some, the mix of a strong cast and a messy, but compelling story makes this a film with a lot more going on than the standard Bay blockbuster. You want to be the same as they?
    www.pharmbalkan.com make the dream a reality!
  14. Apr 28, 2013
    nuff said....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  15. Apr 26, 2013
    Pain and Gain is simply one of the best Micheal Bay films I have ever seen, the story is about Daniel Lugo a hotrod steroid muscleman who wants and deserves more in his life. This comic action film stars Anthony Mackie and Rebel Wilson along with a little spice of Dwanye Johnson. The film is awesome, the story is funny and thought provoking which is needed. The charecter of Mark Wahlberg Is very controversial and serious but when A Bay movie hits theatres he has some comedy in it. The plot is good but needs some help. The story is fresh and new. Pain and Gain is one of the best movies of the year. And I disagree with critics, how can you not like a badass movie like this?! Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Sep 2, 2013
    The movie needed some more detachment – and brevity – but Wahlberg shows once again he has the comedy chops.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Huddleston
    Aug 27, 2013
    The ever-present air of madcap, goofball insanity carries it through. A seriously guilty pleasure.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Dinning
    Aug 26, 2013
    Michael Bay goes back to a Bad Boys budget and a big boys’ rating, for a true-life crime story that’s inconsistent and frenetic, but also funny and wilfully outrageous.