5.5

1. Mar 12, 2011
    I was really looking forward to this movie, and I must say, I was disappointed. The over all choppy context and lack of keeping a story line gets old quick. I also never felt like I really was given a chance to get to know the characters, which is always a pretty big downer. Not to say there aren't any cute, funny,genuinely good moments, but that's just the problem:they're only moments, and they're pretty out of place. A lot of the movie also relies on the quirkiness of the two leads, a lot of times it was like, "Well, this scene is getting dull, let's just get a laugh at how awkward Micheal Cera is." It might not be a waste of time to see this movie, but it was a let down for me. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Jessica Baxter
    Cera once again does his "Michael Cera thing." Personally, I love his "thing" but know it’s not for everyone, and I agree that it doesn’t always work contextually. But trust me, here it really works.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Lowe
    A "hybrid documentary" that bemusedly blurs the line between fact and fiction.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    There may be a fairly sharp line dividing those who find the whole delightfully odd, and those irked by what could be read as a faux childlike simplicity to the enterprise.