7.7

1. Sep 30, 2014
    Pitch Perfect definitely accomplishes a comedic feel, while also incorporating a typical romance throughout the movie as a whole. In addition to comedy and romance, Pitch Perfect has a musical feel. I am not particularly interested in watching musicals, however; once I saw this movie, I was hooked. I kid you not; I have seen this move over fifteen times. Anna Kendrick plays an amazing role and truly captures her audience. She maintains the mysterious feel throughout and never lets the viewer know exactly how she feels. I was extremely impressed by Pitch Perfect and would recommend it to any one of any age. It captivates young viewers as well as old due to its modern feel on musicals and comedic pleasures. If I could put it in simple terms, Pitch Perfect is the definition of why we see movies. It keeps us interested the whole time, provides comedic relief, and engages us with a built in love story. Expand
  2. Sep 1, 2014
    Despite a few dozen cheesy moments, it sure was good fun! Another strong performance by Rebel Wilson as well as Anna Kendrick. The musical moments will make you smile!
  3. Aug 12, 2014
    Generic characters and story but the film has some good humor and amusing side characters (the girls in the Acapella Group), which makes this film worth checking out.
  4. Jun 2, 2014
    A refreshing and entertaining film in general for the young audience, but lacks in concrete jokes. I underestimated the film in general, and am pleased with what I see. I would recommend this film to people wanting to kill time.
  5. May 4, 2014
    This movie isn't actually "pitch-perfect" (no pun intended), but the comedic talents from cast members like Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson help this film hit the right note
  6. Apr 4, 2014
    i saw this film too many times . the comedy is well and some of it was just gross and replusive . Grade B- ................................................................
  7. Dec 1, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really good movie. I thought it was quite funny. The acoustic songs blending is interesting to hear. Rebel Wilson (fat amy) was the best character because she just kept you interested. The announcers are funny too Expand
  8. Nov 23, 2013
    Pitch Perfect is Uproarious Fun! Rebel Wilson is Very Funny in this movie! All the cast is Lovable, Pitch Perfect is pretty entertaining for everyone!
  9. Nov 15, 2013
    Quite funny with good music and then, on top of that, I absolutely love Anna Kendrick, so it'd make sense that I like this movie. It's not fantastic by any stretch of the imagination, but overall, it's pretty good.
  10. Sep 2, 2013
    A hilarious group of actors who make a nearly flawless comedy-musical. Rebel Wilson could not have been better to play her role as 'Fat Amy.' Anna Kendrick also did well as a lead role.
  11. Aug 14, 2013
    "Pitch Perfect" definitely has the musical numbers and the outstanding jokes, however, it definitely has a predictable outcome and story wise, its a bit of a mess with character development. While the side characters are definitely a hoot, the main character Becca feels awfully cliche. Though this may be the case, the film does thrive from its several other aspects and is enjoyable for teens, lesser for adults. Expand
  12. Jul 28, 2013
    Pitch Perfect is a killer comedy film. It's filled to the brim with funny moments and these are supported by it's all around great cast. It's funny and has great music the only flaw of this film is the fact that it does fall into some of the romantic type comedy stereotypes, but that aside Pitch Perfect is an excellent film.
  13. Jul 18, 2013
    'Pitch Perfect' suffers from a string of movie cliches, and cheesiness at times, but all of them are made up for by its consistent hilarity, catchy songs and great performances.
  14. Jul 12, 2013
    Although this film at its core is just another teen flick (ala Bring It On in particular), it does offer some freshness especially with its soundtrack. I do have a bit of a bias in that I have a great love for all things A Cappella. It just is so nice to have a film filled with so many A Cappella tracks, not only that, A Cappella tracks that don't sound like they've been heavily edited. I've seen Skylar Austin live before when he was in Spring Awakening on Broadway and I was so happy that they had him as the lead in this film considering his background and such. Anna Kendrick also was a nice casting choice. Her role in Twilight was probably the best part about the film as her comedic timing is impeccable. I guess the only critique that I have is that at times the movie seems a tad shallow but overall it's a nice blend. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it's a least a great film to just pass the time. Expand
  15. Jun 19, 2013
    I liked this film. It was different and i really liked the songs. I don't usually like films like these but this one was entertaining and smart. Of course the ending is predictable but who cares? It's a film to watch if you want to spend a happy afternoon. Really liked Fat Amy
  16. Jun 2, 2013
    Overall, I thought Pitch Perfect was a fantastic movie! It definitely has a cheesy plot line, but highly entertaining. I was really impressed with the vocals throughout the entire movie. Rebel Wilson's charter, Fat Amy, was hilarious and added great humor to the film. Anna Kendrick did an amazing job as well. I highly recommend this movie if you are in the mood for a funny, light-hearted, romantic chick flick! Expand
  17. Apr 24, 2013
    While I started to go off shows like Glee, this film was nothing but some outstanding performances from the leads and some great songs to get your toes tapping. Not only that but theres a decent storyline in there too so I quite enjoyed it. Anna Kendrick is good but clearly Rebel Wilson stole the show as Fat Amy Fans of the Glee craze will obviously be at home but I think it has the appeal for others also, and as a whole it's a thoroughly entertaining film I would recommend Expand
  18. Apr 20, 2013
    Pitch Perfect is a very enjoyable film with a great premise, good acting and great acapella remakes of songs we know and love. However the film is stopped from reaching the greatness it deserves due to some pretty bad and damn near unforgivable mistakes that near enough every film addresses but Pitch Perfect does not.
    Pitch Perfect follows the story of Beca, a wannabe DJ freshman at
    Barden University. When her singing talent is spotted by one of the girls from a singing group on campus she is invited to join them to attempt to win the National Finals at the end of the current year. Now Pitch Perfect has a good story, though it has been done many times before it hasn't been done as well as this in a while but it falls flat in major areas. Biggest area of problem is the character development or lack thereof. Hell I even had to look up the Wikipedia page to remember Beca's name because characterisation became a back-seat, plus the directors knew they hadn't characterised by suddenly introducing everyone properly 10 minutes before the end of the film! The film also had a bad sense of time, it would jump months at a time with no indication that time had passed, the only time it tells you is when it reaches a significant competition date.
    My biggest complaint with the movie though was the utterly pointless idea of "the best part of a film is the ending" that was introduced by the love interest when watching The Breakfast Club. This whole theme that is very well fleshed out and referenced a lot leads you on to believe that the ending will surprise you and be different to anything...ever. However what it boils down to is the same 'everything is OK in the end' scenario where the guy gets the girl, the protagonists win the battle and that life will go on. Now yes its a feel good film but if you make such a big deal out of good and different endings that are unpredictable why make your ending so predictable that you could guess what happens without watching the film???
    Regardless of the bad points Pitch Perfect is well acted, funny and a great film for a night in with friends that are both boys and girls (there is more than enough to satisfy the dudes in this one as well as the women) one worth a watch even with its stupid decisions.
  19. Apr 6, 2013
    The bests things are the music, Rebel Wilson and Anna Kendrick. The worst are the drama scenes (so predictable and overacted) Totally recommended for have a nice time !!!
    Note: I can't stop singing all the songs, are all addictive.
  20. Mar 12, 2013
    Who knew an acapella movie could be this much fun? Anna Kendrick is her same charming self and the supporting cast helps make this a surprisingly fun ride.
  21. Mar 3, 2013
    Ok. Obviously a "woman's film" but not too bad. Not as predictable as you'd imagine and plenty of gags, with a likeable cast and decent glee-style moments.
  22. Mar 2, 2013
    Corny and bland characterization, but it does do what it does best, and that is to entertain. It is pretty sad though when most of the laughs only comes from one character, Fat Amy.
  23. Feb 16, 2013
    While “Pitch Perfect” isn’t perfect, its pitch is just right. All bad puns aside, this is a enjoyable film. It starts off a bit disjointed and weird for the sack of being weird. However, when the film gets rolling, it becomes a ride of non stop laughter. The direction is solid, but the choreography is extravagant and well done. Songs are well integrated into the story, but I just wish they had used less tired songs. The writing is solid, but if not for the characters the jokes wouldn’t be as funny as they are.

Speaking of characters, this film has a cast of some colorful characters. Some of the characters aren’t very likable at first, but 5-10mins with them you’ll fall in love. They’re funny and warming especially Fat Amy and a few of the side characters. The physical comedy they provide is top notch and they’re always doing something in the background. One character I wasn’t particularly fond of was Beca, Anna Kendrick. She was the typical too cool for school kid and a very unlikable one at that. However, through my struggle to liking her, I found a mutual ground towards the end.

Overall, “Pitch Perfect” is a good movie and very entertaining. The jokes are solid, but the delivery is what truly makes it worth while and hilarious. The music and soundtrack is great and I’m a sucker for any movie that uses “Party in the U.S.A.” There is a lot of fun to be had with this film, from its characters to its physical humor. Definitely the best musical I’ve seen all year and in a while. I give it a solid 4/5, doesn’t quit hit those high notes, but still manages to be fully entertaining and a fun watch. “Muy Caliente”
  24. Feb 15, 2013
    One word: Hilarious. Even though I'm not really a fan of musicals, through out the whole movie laughing was my best friend. It had a fun and funny story plot. From the jokes, to the singing performances, it was all pretty well done. Great actors to portray those awesome characters. A very fun film!
  25. Feb 10, 2013
    A huge hit! Pitch Perfect is so much fun. It's not the most hilarious comedy I've ever seen recently, but there are some funny moments throughout. Add to that some great musical mash-ups and some solid performances, you get a good movie. Check it out! There's a lot to love here.
  26. Feb 5, 2013
    I was all pumped up to watch this movie. And it was such a let down for me, it wasn't as funny as i thought is was going to be. it could have been a hell of a lot funnier than what it came out to be. Rebel and the Asian girl were the highlights of this movie
  27. Feb 3, 2013
    Something about Pitch Perfect just makes you want to keep coming back to watch it multiple times. Many people seem hesitant to watch a movie based strictly on a cappella groups, myself included. I was pleasantly surprised with the story line and characters that were cast. Rebel Wilson makes the film with her witty one-liners and sarcastic personality.
  28. Feb 2, 2013
    This movie is about an cappella group of women coming together for a common goal. Cappella singing is seen as a men's thing because they are able to hit lower notes. I can not even count how many times I have seen this movie. This movie is extremely funny and relates to not only females but also males. The music is popular music from the 80s, 90s and 2000s. This is a must see movie!
  29. Jan 20, 2013
    It's a rocking musical entertainer with a heartwarming display of music which won't fail the audience. It was funny as well as romantic musically. I just loved it.
  30. Jan 12, 2013
    It's a pretty standard formula film but the performances of Kendrick, Snow and Camp are exellent and Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins provide some great sarcastic humor in cameo parts. Not oscar material or nothing you would put on your all-time favorite movie list, but nice porpcorn entertainment.
  31. Jan 6, 2013
    I shouldn't like this film, but I did!!! Great soundtrack first of all, and the cast took what is a typical 'go for the top, competition' type of movie and ran away with it. Funny, filled with lots of gags and charming characters, one of the better comedies of this year.
  32. Dec 30, 2012
    It was not pitched perfectly for me, but I guess I was never the intended target audience. My young daughter found it delightful though and I guess I can't argue that the acapella parts were somewhat enjoyable...
  33. Dec 27, 2012
    Pitch Perfect was genuinely funny and didn't take itself too seriously. The musical arrangements were actually pretty decent though and the comedic elements were not traditional at all making them even more humorous. The only things that hold hack the film, in my opinion, are the generic plot and Anna Kendrick's lack of any charisma whatsoever. The plot is the exact same as almost every single other music, dance, etc. movie made in the last decade: Protagonist joins team/club/group that is struggling, they go through bumps along the way, protagonist either quits or comes close to quitting, protagonist gives it one last go and helps the team/club/group achieve their ultimate goal all while experiencing relationship issues throughout. As for Anna Kendrick, I think this movie showed that, while she's talented, she's not capable of being the focus of any movie. Characters like Fat Amy distract the audience from Kendrick's utter lack of charisma or charm. Honestly, her character is one of the least interesting characters in the entire film. Regardless, this movie is still worth watching because of the humor alone and the musical arrangements are a nice bonus. Expand
  34. Dec 23, 2012
    This film is hilarious I have to agree with EFYevan, Rebel Wilson is great and stills the show and we will be seeing a lot more of her in the future also some great tunes,but most of all very funny the whole cinema was laughing all the way through the film well worth a watch.
  35. Dec 22, 2012
    Pitch Perfect is an extremely joyful and funny film full of wit and great dialogue. The jokes spew forth (quite literally on two occasions) at the rate of knots and all performances rise to the occasion wonderfully. Comparisons with Glee are inevitable, but singularly favourable to this achievement (No sequel please). Glee became joyless for me quite quickly (aside from some wonderfully staged musical numbers) and it was also very po faced about issues and story lines (I use this term very loosely as I don't think it really had any ongoing story. It just kept telling us how socially (Ir)relevant it was). Pitch Perfect has no such heavy issues on its mind. It's fun all the way to the closing credits. The choice of music is great and these numbers are energetically staged. Another delight is the banter between Capella hosts John and Gail played with acerbic relish by John Michael Higgins and Elizabeth Banks, respectively. In summation, echoing a sentiment vocalised by actress Rebel Wilson to a couple of skinnier cast members, this film, like them, has a fat heart. Expand
  36. Dec 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The verdict: Okay. Unfortunately, at it's core the film is a very well-worn path: bunch of semi-losers manage to win. Anna Kendrick is the only one who manages to infuse a character with any sort of personality, but she's too hot to be a genuine outsider, and her lines are way too scripted. She also listens to pure pop music, despite sporting various body piercings and being supposedly "alternative". Like, who at that age doesn't know who David Guetta is? Her character wants to create music, but all she does is cut up pop songs and remix them (which you never actually hear anyway). At college age if she isn't either DJing up a storm or at least writing her own material, then it makes her look like a naive kid. The rest of the cast are cardboard. Rebel Wilson is funny-ish, but not in any way that another actor couldn't have done. Some funny lines, some snappy dialogue, and overall very staged scenes. Almost every scene actually feels scripted, rather than organic. The "awkward" scenes are highly unbelievable. This caused me to get taken out of the film's narrative. The Glee-style music is also way too good, especially for people who are mixing in high-energy dance moves. In the space of about 10 minutes the Barden Bellas go from getting kicked out of a fraternity show because they suck to managing "pitch perfect" impro songs in a disused swimming pool. It's like no one ever thought of singing anything other than 80s songs. That kind of simple naivety unfortunately makes the film feel a bit immature, like a Glee version of Step Up. Overall it's a pretty good attempt at a lite chick-flick, but I wish it had been directed and handled better. It's let down by the cookie-cutter nature of the plot, heavily scripted moment, and no heart. Expand
  37. Dec 8, 2012
    First of all, I was really reluctant to watch this movie because I am not a fan of musical films and especially films which seem like they're the sisters to 'Glee' but anyway, I thought I should give it a try. Pitch Perfect is a really great pastime, to be honest. It's funny, surprising and a little adorbale at the same time but this is definitely not one of the best films of 2012. I loved the performance of Anna Kendrick. Her character is funny, confident and, without a doubt, good at being spontaneous. I read it yesterday that possible sequel might happen next year. Well, here is my advice to the crew. Don't make a sequel, it is going to suck. Learn something frorm Step-Up franchise. Anyway, the best thing about this film is that it ends after 1 hour and 45 minutes, it would have gotten bad otherwise. Expand
  38. Dec 7, 2012
    Perfect Pitch is not a great movie .. but it is entertaining.
  39. Dec 5, 2012
    I'm like , additction to this movie. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson get together. F*cking Awsome ! I think this is one of best movie so far. It makes me smile and in love with characters . Love this !
  40. Nov 20, 2012
    Funny movie, but about 85% of the laughs come from Rebel Wilson who portrayed Fat Amy. The music is great. And even thought Wilson is hilarious it feels like they rely on her one liners.
  41. Nov 5, 2012
    It's one of the most entertaining movies you will see in 2012. Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson are absolutely wonderful in this. The songs are great, the musical numbers are a joy to watch; it's heartfelt, hilarious, full of memorable characters and works as a great college film. To simply put, Pitch Perfect is why we go to the movies
  42. Nov 4, 2012
    It's charming and fun. What's not to like? Anna Kendricks is wonderful in this movie. Sit back, relax, listen to some great young voices, eat popcorn and chocolate covered raisins and smile.
  43. Nov 4, 2012
    You know whats crazy? This PG-13 comedy is funnier than both "The Dictator" and "21 Jump Street", which are both R rated. Thats how funny this film is. Combine that with some extremely high energy and you have a pitch perfect movie.
  44. Oct 17, 2012
    I'm a 19 year old guy and i loved this movie, enough said. Anybody can enjoy this movie. It's flat-out hilarious! Great cast, great music, great story, and a great time, 4 things you'll experience when watching Pitch Perfect. This is a must see! 8/10
  45. Oct 14, 2012
    "Nothing makes a girl feel more like a woman than a man who sings like a boy." I was really excited about this movie. I figure it would be a lame comedy that I would love, just another one of those bad movies that you watch and really enjoy but know are bad. I was really wrong: this ended up being a really amazing movie that I absolutely loved, and despite the fact that it was a cheesy comedy it was also legitimately good. I laughed so hard during Pitch Perfect, despite the film's inclusion of period moments of bodily fluid humour. I'm not sure if I've said it before, but I'll say it now: I hate humour that involves some sort of human waste or bodily fluid.

Pitch Perfect follows Beca (Kendrick), an anti-social music lover who dreams of being a music producer but is being forced by her father to attend Barden College, where he works. While at first she fulfils the anti-social requirements eventually she is pushed into joining the Barden Bellas, one of the campus' four acapella singing groups - other groups include the Bellas' primary rival, the all male Treble Makers, lead by Bumper (DeVine). The Bellas are lead by seniors Aubrey (Camp), who believes that the group can win it all using traditional methods, and Chloe (Snow), who's more inclined to make some changes. Rounding out things is Treble Maker and fellow freshman Jesse (Astin), who very quickly takes an interest in Beca.

The thing I liked most about Pitch Perfect was that this movie knew exactly what it was and just went with it. It was a lame comedy and never once tried to be anything other than that. There were a few more dramatic moments - notably when it came to Beca's relationship with her father - but for the most part it was one liner after one liner. Rebel Wilson and Elizabeth Banks in particular were awesome, with just about everything that the two of them said being a joke. What I really liked about the humour, though, was that there were a lot of moments where the joke completely took me by surprise and left me thinking "wait, what'd they just say?" then laughing once it sunk in - and I wasn't the only person in the theatre reacting like that. The other thing that worked about it was the fact that even in the more dramatic moments, or even just the singing, they did a lot of cutaways to other jokes. Elizabeth Banks' character, very minor role, is one of the commentators of the competitions and one of my favourite moments is a cutaway to her and the other commentator rocking out to the song. It was just perfect.

One thing that has the potential to take away from the overall film is the fact that a lot of the characters fill a stereotype of some sort. I found that it worked and I didn't personally need more development on any of the characters, but I'm sure that others might have a problem with this. Jason Moore took some stereotypical people and had fun with them, and I applaud it.

46. Oct 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Pitch Perfect is about a young girl named Beca (Anna Kendrick) who is attending college for the first time. Her dad, who is a teacher at the University, is up her ass the whole time about making new friends, and trying new things Expand
  47. Sep 30, 2012
    So funny. Rebel Wilson will become famous because of this film. Highly recommended. My wife dragged me to this one, but I am glad that I went. 10/10
  48. Sep 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's light fun - the target audience for the film, who were sitting all around us, were having a GREAT time with it. The singing is terrific, but the finale song/dance sequence just didn't deliver for me like it could have because they had to shoehorn the Breakfast Club aspect into it. Anna Kendrick, Snow, and Camp are all getting a bit long in the tooth to be believable in these roles, btw. Skylar Astin seems like a candidate for the unlikely anti-hero in future films. Rebel Wilson is perfect in the film because she doesn't over-act at all. She has terrific control of her craft. Expand
  49. Sep 29, 2012
    A hilarious movie with lots of laugh out loud moments! Gets a little cliche at times, but Rebel Wilson always comes back to save the movie with punchy one-liners!
  50. Sep 28, 2012
    Pitch Perfect, a perfect movie :D really, is funny have somethings that look like the TV Show "Glee", but this movie have other things that look like "Bridesmaids". Funny movie, great performances, awesome development. Pitch Perfect is great!!

1. Reviewed by: Henry Barnes
    Dec 21, 2012
    The soundtrack's ironic bent might dissuade older viewers (Simple Minds are venerated), but they'd be missing out on one of the best musical comedies since A Mighty Wind. The song's the same, but Pitch Perfect is a great cover version.
  2. Reviewed by: Olly Richards
    Dec 17, 2012
    It's the kind of silly you can only get away with when your writing is very smart. A little bit odd and very, very funny.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Nov 25, 2012
    Gleeks and Glee-haters alike should rally around this raucous musical comedy. Rebel Wilson is hilarious, Anna Kendrick is terrific and there are as many gross-out gags as there are singing numbers.