Please Give

7.4

1. Jan 1, 2011
    This is a pretentious, boring movie. Just isn't as good as ppl are saying. Nothing happens. Leaves no impression whatsoever. Mostly, I just wished I hadn't wasted 2 hours after seeing it.
  2. LisaC
    Jun 12, 2010
    What a horrible movie! I am so glad I saw this alone, and didn't inflict the tedium, incoherence, and gratuitous poor taste on a friend. I am a big indie movie fan, and am so disappointed in Keener and Platt for stooping to such a poor movie.

1. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    Keener, so deliciously nasty in Holofcener's "Lovely and Amazing," is no less engaging here in what is, surprisingly, the film's least bitchy role.
  2. It may take some time but Nicole Holofcener’s latest effort gradually grows on you. Partly it’s her obvious affection for her oddball collection of characters; partly it’s the performances of the likes of Keener and Oliver Platt as her wayward husband.
  3. Think of Please Give as a finely tuned short story with every glance and gesture full of suggestive meaning. Drama is not high on the agenda here. There is a bit of comedy and, briefly, sexual mischief even though it doesn't look like much fun.