Magnolia Pictures | Release Date: July 29, 2011
7.6
Generally favorable reviews based on 22 Ratings
Watch Now
KnowNothingMay 29, 2013
Point Blank does not disappoint. I gave it a score of 10. Not because it was one of the best films I've ever seen, but because it entertained, it thrilled, and it surprised. Why bother dissecting a film that leaves you feeling that way?
netflicAug 4, 2011
The movie is done well, within limits of it's genre. Plenty of fights, running, shooting, blood, etc.
Keeps the audience tense till the very end. I was expecting something better than that: some class, some elegance which sometimes come from French action movies, 'La Femme Nikita', for example.. Maybe I want too much. But again, every cliché of action movie is here: the villains and the heroes; the hero appears at the very last moment (how?!); the hero (un-trained) survives serious beating from professionals; and, of course, happy ending. I am sure I will forget about this movie sooner than finishing typing this little piece...
MarcDoyleAug 4, 2011
It's a fun and frantic movie in the vein of "Tell No One." The lead actor (from TNO) and actress (from "Sex & Lucia") are both excellent, but the criminal turned "buddy" in this set-up flick is the real find in the cast. It's very French inIt's a fun and frantic movie in the vein of "Tell No One." The lead actor (from TNO) and actress (from "Sex & Lucia") are both excellent, but the criminal turned "buddy" in this set-up flick is the real find in the cast. It's very French in all the best ways. Expand
FlickbuffAug 6, 2011
This is a interesting, fast paced and very enjoyable thriller that shouldn't be missed.. Clever plot, interesting characters, good acting, lots of suspense and great chase scenes.
BrucenelsonSep 8, 2011
Point Blank wants to sprint from start to finish, and does start with a bang, takes off and maintains and moves at an exciting pace; but the plot, most of which happens prior to the start of the race and is so knotty, that we have to getPoint Blank wants to sprint from start to finish, and does start with a bang, takes off and maintains and moves at an exciting pace; but the plot, most of which happens prior to the start of the race and is so knotty, that we have to get narrated often in odd breaks in the action, while the actors catch their breath, literally. It's been a while since I have seen so much running in a movie. I see where some critic get the Run Lola Run comparism. But even after being narrated up-to-date, I still don't think I could tell you everyone's motivation for all the running and shooting. The two main runners for their lives -- one even hops up from critic care and starts running holding in his insides -- are both good solid actors when they get time to act. A simpler evil chaser would have made all the running much better. Expand