5.1

1. May 13, 2011
    I had low expectations for this movie because Legion was so awful. But i was veryy surprised to see just how good this movie is. The plot, in a nutshell, are combat trained priest who kill vampires. One priest goes against his vows to save someone special from a mysterious enemy. I'm not familiar with the source material but this was good enough for the style of movie. I first give my kudos to the directing style. The movie moves at a perfect pace by focusing on the action but slowing just enough to give the audience insight into the characters. Action sequences really stand out and pretty violent for PG-13. The characters aren't very deep but just right for this movie. Also the dialogue never gets preachy or sappy just for the sake of it. This film is just what it should be and i fully recomened it. Expand
  2. Aug 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i have to say that this movie actually surprised me. i thought this movie had decent dialogue (could've been much better) the action scenes were fantastic and the plot was decently put together. considering the fact that the producers had very low intentions for this movie anyway makes it even better. i believe if they had any real hope in this movie it could have been very much better. while watching it i though of countless scenarios to which priest 2 could be about(im actually trying to write a script for the second one just for fun) this movie has real potential. they could've tied in religion a little deeper into the action, etc.i also like the way they depicted the vampires. i like that they took the eyes away, considering that "vampires are soul-less creatures". the ending of the movie was a cliff hanger pretty much (they never found the queen). so they can work that into the sequel (which is one of the major stories of my script :-] ). there are many scenarios they can work into it to make the movie much better. so, this movie has real potential but nobody really believed it would do goo, so that's why it really didn't. the key to any movie is confidence.. with out that, you wont put much effort into the production and in the end have a disaster of a movie.... Expand
  3. May 18, 2011
    Priest is everything one would expect out of a movie where a priest fights monsters. First, let's set the back story: the year is 2017 when the Catholic church, in an attempt to make young children more...available, begins to create their own stock of humans, genetically engineered to have super-sucking abilities. Everything is well and good until these creations become self-aware, and turn into vampires (naturally). In any case, it's a wonderful morality play, and it's got everything you want: trains, vampires, wastelands, and that albino from The Da Vinci Code. 10/10, go see Priest. Expand
  4. May 15, 2011
    People giving this movie bad reviews either don't like vampire movies, or don't know anything about them. Priest is not meant to be Twilight. It's not meant to be sexy. It's meant to be awesome, and it is. Another guy on here was talking about Hollywood taking rated R movies and making them PG13 (which makes them horrible normally-I definitely agree)...I think this movie is the exeption to that PG13 is censored R rule. Priest is not a movie that feels like it was forced into being PG13 and I remember being worried about it sucking because it is pg13. I mean the movies' main character is a priest...it's not like there's going to be a lot of sex and 'bad' words...the violence is bloody, not gory.
    I was not at all disappointed. I love this movie so much. I came...
    To see a vampire movie and I got one with bits of satire and references to old western movies. The cinematography was awesome- the colors, the angles, the composition- beautiful. The fight scenes ruled. The cgi wasn't overdone. The violence was tasteful. The storyline was interesting and original. The style of the wardrobes and the environment gave subtle reference to the Final Fantasy/steam punk styles and it worked out really well. I don't normally write reviews... I really wish I'd get paid for this (because I'm spending a lot of time writing reviews about this movie)... But this movie was so good that I decided I would write one...and after I saw what critics were saying about this movie I've basically begun a campaign to let people know that this is in fact a bad@as movie. This is now in my top 3 favorite movies: 28 days later, The Matrix (the first one), Priest.
    Go see it, and don't let any of these reviews (including this one) effect what you think of it. If you like my top three, you like vampires, you like genre-benders and you don't need sex in a movie to think it's good, then you will like/love this flick.
  5. May 24, 2011
    These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing gucci handbags on sale coach bags cheap gucci outlet Discount Gucci Gucci 2011 New Perhaps this is one of the most interesting blogs that I have ever seen. Interesting article, Funny comment. Keep it up!
  6. Jun 14, 2011
    I rather enjoyed this film, not as much as Legion but it's a very different film, but it could have been even better. I do not understand the excessive criticism, ok it wasn't wholly originl but so what ? For the worst thing is that the film doesn't really end. It is clear they set you up for a sequel one cannot but feeling cheated as you prepare for war the entire film and it all ends after one battle. Also what's with the low certificate ? This is not stuff meant for children, they should live the film as the filmaker intended it and stick a 15 certificate as a minimum, 18 even better. I hope they do Priest 2 as there's much to explore and to improve. I do not think it's worth a 10 but neither a 2 ! What kind of vote is 2 ? This movie is no disaster, yes it's borrows elements everywhere but so do other accepted hits, it merely needed more time and maybe a better cut. Karl Urban and Paul Bettany are good as usual. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mark Feeney
    May 19, 2011
    Priest is based on a series of Korean graphic novels. What it's really based on, though, is other movies - a whole lot of other movies.
  2. Reviewed by: Marjorie Baumgarten
    May 19, 2011
    Bettany exudes an intensity that lays the groundwork for an interesting character, but Priest hasn't a prayer of creating anything more subtle than the giant cross tattooed on his face.
  3. Reviewed by: J.R. Jones
    May 14, 2011
    This is mildly entertaining for its cheery sacrilege (crucifixes that turn into throwing stars, etc), but once the premise has been rolled out, the movie is about as surprising to watch as the Stations of the Cross.