6.6

1. Jun 10, 2012
    I am a fan of the Alien films, but this movie is based on the old plot that gives sci-fi movies a bad name: Take a group of insane misaligned people, that no intelligent being would choose to go far away on a possibly dangerous mission, and watch them react their own misery against each other - they will break apart even without any alien help!
    And while the good old aliens was
    And while the good old aliens was understandable as a natural predator that simply does what a predator does, there is no understanding given to something that should be an intelligent species, but reacts like just another wounded animal.
    In short: It is all very beautifully made, and has a new cool female lead role, but the story has been told too many times before without giving any new twists. But as a fan of Alien, you of course still need to see it, just to see the old spacecraft again :-)
  2. Jun 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simple Phenomenal. I have been waiting for this movie for a loong time. I avoided all trailers and clips so I don't spoil anything from this movie made by one of my best directors Ridley Scott. People probably expected more mostly because they ruined most of it by doing what I didn't do. The problem is that people don't know that there's going to be a sequel called, "Paradise". The other is that people don't like to think and use there brain on what happened and why? It has to be the first movie in along time that actually made me talk about all the theories of it. I have my own theories but I'll explain it later. I have to say this has to be on of the best Sci-Fi movies I have seen since Sunshine. Sci-fi movies are not popular in the movie industry because no one wants to understand it. I love it. I will keep it short. The creators(space Jockeys) came to earth to create us. Then use as a weapon to probably fight a war or invasion that they are involved in. Something goes wrong with there experiment and they have to eliminate some of there own and try to escape. When the crew arrives at there world which is not LV 426 from the alien movie the human crew enters a closed quarters and some worms appear from the soil that evolve later on from the contents of the canisters. The space jockey ship in this movie is not the one that crash landed on LV 426 because Weyland industries knew the location of this world so they would have sent more people to this planet again. Plus the crew from the Nostromo would have bumped into the canisters if this was that ship which its not. If you watch Alien even the planet and system they enter is completely different.

I think the sequel will shine on all these questions which I can't wait. Think about this.
  3. Jun 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is a big letdown. It doesn't even come close to meeting the huge amount of hype it gathered. There are some really good aspects to the movie like the seamless CGI and great music and camera work but the writing brings everything way down hard like an Anchor, and I expected more from the team.Big rant coming but some very valid points so bear with me.Also full spoilers.

The whole expedition is ruined from the get go because they admit it cost them a trillion dollars (Stupid summation of money) to go to that moon and it was all because 2 scientists had a hunch there was life there and because a superstitious guy with a crap load of money funded the trip. Seemed a bit drastic for a hunch don't ya think? Also they arrived at the planet and started explaining what the atmosphere was like and how the planet looked yet modern science shows that we don't go near other planets before knowing what they're made up of or look like. Wouldn't they have sent drones in to test out the place first and not just blindly travel there?

There were two other scientists with the team, a geologist and a biologist but those two guys felt like canon fodder of sorts. They were there to be killed and nothing more. One guy was a biologist yet he never showed any interest when they found other signs life had existed there. You'd think a person who studies lifeforms and organic matter would be incredibly interested in life on another planet, especially one that looked identical to humans almost but when a little snake thing popped up he called it beautiful.The geologist was on a planet that had lots of caverns and valleys silimar to earth's, yet he acted like a marine instead of a geologist and showed a great amount of hostility towards shaw for almost nothing.

The david character seemed cool at first but started to crack at the seams once he talked more. Especially one line that bugged me "Want? a concept i'm not familiar with. But doesn't everyonewanttheir parents dead?" totally contradicting the fact that everyone constantly says he has no emotions. And he suddenly understood everything about the aliens only through studying human history and languages for 2 years, seemed a bit stupid.

One last thing, why did the map they found point them to that moon of all places when that moon was just a base where the aliens were working on weapons of mass destruction and were on their way to Earth anyway to destroy all the humans. Why point them there and not to their homeworld?

The whole movie was full of cliches too like the captian going down with the ship etc. Shaw having 30 seconds of oxygen and then suddenly it lasts for 30 mins. I dunno, I'm being a bit picky I know but some of these are glaring holes in the whole narrative and it brought me out of the immersion and I was sitting there thinking "This is really stupid"
  4. Jun 12, 2012
    If you enjoy a high budget visually appealing movie that leaves the audience to self interpretation, then see this movie. Many will complain about "loose ends" or "holes" in the story, but I for one enjoy the unknown when it comes to a sci-fi psychological thriller such as Prometheus. Ridley manages to take us on a entertaining trip giving us insight as to what happened to the ill-fatedIf you enjoy a high budget visually appealing movie that leaves the audience to self interpretation, then see this movie. Many will complain about "loose ends" or "holes" in the story, but I for one enjoy the unknown when it comes to a sci-fi psychological thriller such as Prometheus. Ridley manages to take us on a entertaining trip giving us insight as to what happened to the ill-fated ship Prometheus that started the Alien Franchise. I agree with many of the "trolls" who state the characters were very shallow, for the director never really develops them, rather keeps the movie moving and the audience thinking and wondering. In summary, this is not a Michael Bay movie where little thought is required, this is a sci-fi ballet, once complete, will be the buzz in your car all the way home and into the next day. Expand
  5. Jun 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A visual panoramic sci-fi feast that sets the "WTF?" stage of ALIENS. Yes, the crew is strangely similar to the Nostromo crew, and yes, it does raise a lot of questions that don't get answered... but this is a classic issue with sci-fi. Ask and answer? People aren't happy with the answers. Ask and don't answer? People hate not getting the answers. So, here are a couple of life lesson answers to take with you into the next century. 1. It's never a wise idea to tease an android. Even if they tell you they aren't programmed for rage? Be nice. Second, if you come across a room full of alien objects dribbling goo? Don't stick your fingers in it, slime it around and give it a sniff. I wouldn't do that today in a neighborhood garage. On an alien planet? Are you nuts? Seriously, have we not learned these lesson by 2089? Expand
  6. Jun 11, 2012
    I normally don't give out a perfect 10 but this movie deserves even more than that. I was a little upset when i (SPOILER ALERT) heard that no actual franchised "Alien" would be in it, but what they did was even better than i could have ever expected. It's great to get a true director like Scott back in the directors chair. My body was actually getting sore from being in an intense state. II normally don't give out a perfect 10 but this movie deserves even more than that. I was a little upset when i (SPOILER ALERT) heard that no actual franchised "Alien" would be in it, but what they did was even better than i could have ever expected. It's great to get a true director like Scott back in the directors chair. My body was actually getting sore from being in an intense state. I loved every single second of the movie and i can't wait to see it again. If you want to spend 2 hours in absolute intensity then go see Prometheus! Expand
  7. Jun 10, 2012
    Prometheus stood on its own entirely. It was still a classical sci-fi film and had its action/thriller/horror aspects like the Alien movies, but in terms of its message and overall meaning, it was its own entity, and I thought was absolutely brilliant. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, never a dull moment. Plus I saw it in IMAX 3D (and the 3D was surprisingly good and notPrometheus stood on its own entirely. It was still a classical sci-fi film and had its action/thriller/horror aspects like the Alien movies, but in terms of its message and overall meaning, it was its own entity, and I thought was absolutely brilliant. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, never a dull moment. Plus I saw it in IMAX 3D (and the 3D was surprisingly good and not distracting), which made it a billion times more epic. Personally, I hope that the sequel tries to stay away from the Alien movies. I like the idea of Prometheus by itself, and the fact that Ridley Scott threw in that last scene made the movie a little less climactic. Yes, I definitely agree that this film gives new hope to the sci-fi genre. There were definitely some parts that were a little cliche, but overall it was fresh and absolutely thrilling. No idea why Madagascar 3 beat this at the box office this weekend. I may have to kill myself. Expand
  8. Jun 10, 2012
    The movie cannot live up to hype. It is asinine, imbecilic, z-grade, cut-rate schlock. It's the SPECIES of our era. A groaner of a dud of a flop.
  9. Jun 10, 2012
    It has all the trademarks of an Alien movie while combining science and religion in the search for the origins of human kind and the discovery of the possible end to life on earth. Scott uses great cinematography with intense horror to bring the story to life.
  10. Jun 10, 2012
    Some nice visuals and lots of symbolism, but the basic delivery of the plot is terrible. Characters act like complete idiots without any regard for even the most basic safety procedures (or even concepts) and the plot is driven more by their idiocy than anything else. Fails to even address the concept of the movie or the questions raised by that concept, instead opting to focus on a bunchSome nice visuals and lots of symbolism, but the basic delivery of the plot is terrible. Characters act like complete idiots without any regard for even the most basic safety procedures (or even concepts) and the plot is driven more by their idiocy than anything else. Fails to even address the concept of the movie or the questions raised by that concept, instead opting to focus on a bunch of stupid people doing stupid things. Honestly at times it feels like a grindhouse slasher flick. Unrewarding, unentertaining and intellectually shallow. You can derive some enjoyment from the interpretation of symbolism and the stunning visuals, but this does little to make up for the very poor delivery of the narrative. Expand
  11. Jun 10, 2012
    Let's get this out of the way: Prometheus is not Alien. It's a very different beast. It's a movie with big ideas, big questions and big mysteries. The weakest aspects of the film are its poorly developed characters and some perplexing story beats. However, it features some gorgeous cinematography, good performances (including a brilliant turn by Fassbender as the android, David) and theLet's get this out of the way: Prometheus is not Alien. It's a very different beast. It's a movie with big ideas, big questions and big mysteries. The weakest aspects of the film are its poorly developed characters and some perplexing story beats. However, it features some gorgeous cinematography, good performances (including a brilliant turn by Fassbender as the android, David) and the courage to pose questions without spoon-feeding the audience all the answers. Prometheus is not Alien... and that's not a bad thing. Expand
  12. Jun 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Starting with the positives - the movie looks great and at points has a distinct feel to it, which is rare for movies these days.

However, overall the movie is simply too bloated. Scenes seem to be shoehorned in for no reason and at points it seems like the movie is supposed to be Indiana Jones in space, while 10 minutes later it's an action thriller, but then it's a deep philosophical movie about the origins of life. About the midpoint of the movie, they shoehorn in an action sequence that beyond being completely unnecessary actually disrupts the flow of the movie. It's also one of those movies where the two main characters are completely unlikable and you actually hope for their deaths. They'll talk about how they need to be safe and then not 30 seconds later they're putting everyone at risk for no other reason than to create suspense. There is simply too much "why would anyone do that?"

The male archeologist seems to be ripped straight from the cast of the Jersey Shore and his partner is unbearably dumb and those are the two people you're supposed to care about.

For example, there's a scene where the crew finds something and then they need to get back to the ship quickly because a storm is coming. The female archeologist says "We can't leave it behind!" when this was their first trip to the site. Just leave it behind and grab it tomorrow. That decision to take the object then leads to a five minute sequence (during which she continues to make stupid decisions) I didn't care about because it shouldn't have happened.

There's also a three minute scene where two characters are running away from a falling object (you know those scenes where if they run 10 feet left or right they'll be fine, but continue to run straight)... only to have one of the characters fall and gently roll out of the way, making you wonder why you needed to see them run for three minutes when they were a foot and a half from surviving.
  13. Jun 9, 2012
    Too much world not enough characters. The people on the ship were so faceless, I didn't care when they started dying. I had no idea who they were when they started saying names. it felt so flat and average.
  14. Jun 8, 2012
    I loved it. I will try not to spoil anything for those who have not seen it. The production design is really where this film shines. Everything looks so perfect. There wasn't a single visual aspect to this film that had anything out of place. For that alone I would give this a 10. David is also played to perfection. There are some problems with the writing, but I wouldn't say theyI loved it. I will try not to spoil anything for those who have not seen it. The production design is really where this film shines. Everything looks so perfect. There wasn't a single visual aspect to this film that had anything out of place. For that alone I would give this a 10. David is also played to perfection. There are some problems with the writing, but I wouldn't say they mattered to much. That doesn't mean this a "check your brain in at the door film", it's just that not everything gets explained. This is also the first film I have seen the audience clap twice in (other than at the end, a scene involving Theron and Elba got an applause). It's not as good as Alien, but it is still the most exciting and beautiful looking films I have seen in ages. Expand
  15. Jun 9, 2012
    This film was not quite a 10 but I will give it that anyway because it was easily the best movie I have seen in a theater in some time. Many of the complaints against it are somewhat justified but for the most part it is just people who were over expectant and self entitled ("I want my money back.") I personally hope that Lindelhof does not return to pen another script as there wereThis film was not quite a 10 but I will give it that anyway because it was easily the best movie I have seen in a theater in some time. Many of the complaints against it are somewhat justified but for the most part it is just people who were over expectant and self entitled ("I want my money back.") I personally hope that Lindelhof does not return to pen another script as there were moments that clearly needed more definition. That said, Prometheus truly sets the stage for what could be a remarkable series of films, explaining the evolution of humans and aliens as a sort of binary weapons program. If you just want another Alien movie, don't waste your time. If you enjoy incredible CG, interesting philosophical quandaries and a couple freaky monsters it is well worth a few bucks. Expand
  16. Jun 8, 2012
    This movie is great. I'll admit there are a few moments where the point is unclear, but it shines through these. The genius of this movies plot can be found, but it takes some thinking in and out of the theater, and still not everything will be revealed. All in all, the story connects together well, the acting is good, and the story perfectly ties in with the rest of the Alien series whileThis movie is great. I'll admit there are a few moments where the point is unclear, but it shines through these. The genius of this movies plot can be found, but it takes some thinking in and out of the theater, and still not everything will be revealed. All in all, the story connects together well, the acting is good, and the story perfectly ties in with the rest of the Alien series while still feeling new and having its own style. Expand
  17. Jun 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Warning, this is all spoilers

Wow, I was excited about Prometheus the moment I saw the first trailer. Aliens is arguably one of the best movies of all time IMO and Ridley Scott has made a bunch of really amazing movies. Blade Runner, Alien, Gladiator wasnâ
  18. Jun 10, 2012
    Don't waste your time and money. Hype aside, this movie was worthless from start to finish. Not exciting, not scary, and the lack of storyline just makes it a painful experience. I'm a huge fan of Ridley Scott as well as the Alien franchise and yet I found this movie utterly and totally useless. I'm being particularly brutal about it so that I can hopefully save someone theDon't waste your time and money. Hype aside, this movie was worthless from start to finish. Not exciting, not scary, and the lack of storyline just makes it a painful experience. I'm a huge fan of Ridley Scott as well as the Alien franchise and yet I found this movie utterly and totally useless. I'm being particularly brutal about it so that I can hopefully save someone the disappointment of wasting a Sunday afternoon on this. Expand
  19. Jun 9, 2012
    I've never felt this underwhelmed for a film in a while. I'll put it simply: the editing and writing was truly horrible. The only thing that kept me watching was hoping that it would turn around. I did love the visuals and cinematography, but it's kind of hard for the cinematography to become even greater when a shot doesn't last. Acting was also great, but could of been greater ifI've never felt this underwhelmed for a film in a while. I'll put it simply: the editing and writing was truly horrible. The only thing that kept me watching was hoping that it would turn around. I did love the visuals and cinematography, but it's kind of hard for the cinematography to become even greater when a shot doesn't last. Acting was also great, but could of been greater if the story was written better. The end. Expand
  20. Jun 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was very happy to finally see a "grown-up" Sci Fi Horror film where not everything is fully explained and in this respect loved Prometheus...to be honest, the script seemed a little light in context and discovery, and .I have to admit to mild frustration in not knowing more about the backstory of the Engineers, and the reason for their malevolence...

Noomi Rapace is outstanding as Dr. Shaw and Michael Fassbinder is fascinating to watch as the android David.. Idris Elba is excellent as the understated Captain of Prometheus... Let's face it though, the real stars of the film are the CGI experts, designers and cinemotographer Dariusz Wolski makes the film a gorgeous, state-of-the-art masterwork that is not to be missed on a big screen. The Engineers look alot like a Greek base-relief of gods and I'm sure that was deliberate...the film's aliens exceed the original Aliens and their flawless. seamless creation by the CGI designers is truly unbelieveable....not to mention their menace...There is great tension and some unexpected surprises...but it seemed the backstories of the characters were not as important as the task at hand and leaves a nagging feeling of wanting a little more...

( I for one would have loved to see the first half of the second act with the humans encountering the Engineers--our creators--and they thilled to see we have found them...they sharing knowledge and information with us (like curing cancer) that would be magical and wonderous...but some members of Prometheus are especially curious about something they keep from us...steal it, and the chase is on to get away from them...but that's just me.)

Going to see it again...not quite a masterpiece, but pretty darn close.
  21. Jun 11, 2012
    Is this an Alien prequel?: yes, definitely! Does it answer all of your questions?: about 70%, some stuff is still unexplained. As this is a Ridley Scott film it surely looks VERY nice, super hi-tech production design and very sleek VFX. I watched it in 3D but you can skip that coz it doesn't add much. I had incredibly high expectations for this film and they are mostly met. The basic ideasIs this an Alien prequel?: yes, definitely! Does it answer all of your questions?: about 70%, some stuff is still unexplained. As this is a Ridley Scott film it surely looks VERY nice, super hi-tech production design and very sleek VFX. I watched it in 3D but you can skip that coz it doesn't add much. I had incredibly high expectations for this film and they are mostly met. The basic ideas from Alien are carried over and expanded from Alien 1. You don't actualy need to have seen any of the Alien movies to appreciate it as the story works on it's own. If you are a fan of Alien or have appreciated any of the Alien movies I would highly recommend seeing this film, you won't regret it! Expand
  22. Jun 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ridley Scott is a great director, but he appears to be perfectly capable of making awful movies. Prometheus's problems range from absurdly predictable plot to characters acting in such a stupid manner that horror movie cheerleaders would be appalled. There are many instances were the internal logic of the story breakdown or never develop at all. The horror scenes are not suspenseful, with jump scares that you can predict to the second and blinding stupidity. Combine that with large amounts of pointless religious symbolism, no character development, no emotional connection and an ending that borders on offensive to the viewers intelligence (the main character knowing leaves the planet on a ship that contains a bio-weapon that can cause extinction with the explicit purpose of landing on a populated planet) and you have yourself a bad, boring movie. I cannot give it a lower score, however, because the acting is generally good (its the writing that fails) and the movie contains one of my favorite death scenes ever. Expand
  23. Jun 8, 2012
    I truly loved this movie. It's a GREAT space epic. Here's why I like it. It called into question and brought great purpose to the great questions of all time. Why are we here, who made us, what's our purpose. I love those ideas mixed with the space epic setting. It was however, not as amazing as I'd hoped because I had set my standards so high. BUT in all reality, its one of the best filmsI truly loved this movie. It's a GREAT space epic. Here's why I like it. It called into question and brought great purpose to the great questions of all time. Why are we here, who made us, what's our purpose. I love those ideas mixed with the space epic setting. It was however, not as amazing as I'd hoped because I had set my standards so high. BUT in all reality, its one of the best films of the summer. GREAT subtext, amazing layers, all mixed with some awesome anthropology / ancient Egyptian religious undertones. Calls the hero to faith, and delivers. If you have not seen it, just please, go see it. Its better than ANYTHING else out right now (6-8-12) Expand
  24. Jun 8, 2012
    Maybenot as good as the hype, with there seeming to not be a clear beginning and middle, many anti climaxes and doesnt follow the tense, scary route of Alien. But, there is much more good about the film, exceptional visuals, which make you feel very immersed into the setting of this planet. Miachel Fassbenders performance is excellent being a stand out in the movie and the scenes in whichMaybenot as good as the hype, with there seeming to not be a clear beginning and middle, many anti climaxes and doesnt follow the tense, scary route of Alien. But, there is much more good about the film, exceptional visuals, which make you feel very immersed into the setting of this planet. Miachel Fassbenders performance is excellent being a stand out in the movie and the scenes in which we see what happnes while the rest of the crew put into perspective how mistreated these androids can be. The script may not be perfect but the way in which it asks questions that are nit answered may annoy some, but can make others sit and think about what happened and what will happen next, fair enough, some of the questions asked are really baiting at a sequel, but this can be ignored. The alien in the film, which i wont reveal much about, will be very different to your expectations but is a very good, for much of the sptries questions revolve around their discovery. People who watched alien will be happy to see some of the unanswered questions answered, but believe me when i say this is defintely not in the same style of Alien, a very different film from Scott. There is few tense moments, and there is no silences in the film, but a lot of talking, and maybe the amount of conversations and speeches is not as good as Aliens eerieness, but Scott did always say his approach would be different.
    To conclude, the film is visually stunning, and the main theme of the film is bringing up questions about our beginnings which is very good. There is some faults especially the anti climaxes where you expect a scene of violence to lead to the conclusion of the film, and when it doesnt you ask what was the point? There are many things you may not notice in the film, but later you will realize why a little scenes was in there. A very good film, just a shame it wasnt the brilliance people thought it would be.
  25. Jun 9, 2012
    I went into the cinema without any expectations or the immature Alien fanaticism of my teens, I went in there to watch a very good science fiction film, and that is exactly what I got. Tense scenes, style, effects, a storyline that doesn't spoon feed you (like most Americans need unfortunately) but actually has you thinking long after the film ends. The film essentially sticks two fingersI went into the cinema without any expectations or the immature Alien fanaticism of my teens, I went in there to watch a very good science fiction film, and that is exactly what I got. Tense scenes, style, effects, a storyline that doesn't spoon feed you (like most Americans need unfortunately) but actually has you thinking long after the film ends. The film essentially sticks two fingers up and the Alien franchise, and I loved that. Rather than pander to childish fans and try to tie in with the ever weakening series of films, it started fresh; a bit of the old but mostly new. And this has given the whole concept of the Alien a new and fresh direction to grow in. My only gripe with the film is that we don't have an opportunity to connect with the characters. Which is a shame. I was very happy with this film and I recommend that people with intelligence and appreciation of a beautiful film and a fresh start go and see it. For the hardcore Alien fans and the monkeys in society, go and watch paint dry. Expand
  26. Jun 9, 2012
    the visal experience of promethus is stunning, it really keeps your mind and eyes at the screens,. script has some flaws, but u know u do not discuss a movie s flaws if it is a bad movie. i personally enjoy it very much. if u are looking for 2 hrs of entertainment, i highly recommend this movie
  27. Jun 8, 2012
    Prometheus is a breath of fresh air to the sci-fi/ horror genre. You are treated with breath taking CG and a plot that is both familiar and distinct to those who have enjoyed Ridley Scott's prior work in the Alien movies. However, Prometheus does stumble in explanation of its rich world and we leave with more questions then answers. My advice is to take it as a whole, enjoy the rich worldPrometheus is a breath of fresh air to the sci-fi/ horror genre. You are treated with breath taking CG and a plot that is both familiar and distinct to those who have enjoyed Ridley Scott's prior work in the Alien movies. However, Prometheus does stumble in explanation of its rich world and we leave with more questions then answers. My advice is to take it as a whole, enjoy the rich world Ridley Scott has presented us, lose yourself in its impressive score, and enjoy the ride. Expand
  28. Jun 8, 2012
    It doesn't quite live up to the original Alien movie, but it holds its own and it's a far above average sci-fi movie. It starts out rather slow, but it all helps to build to a thrilling conclusion. Even though the ending leaves more questions open than it answers, it's still rather mind blowing and the whole thing is very inventive. The performances were good all around, particularlyIt doesn't quite live up to the original Alien movie, but it holds its own and it's a far above average sci-fi movie. It starts out rather slow, but it all helps to build to a thrilling conclusion. Even though the ending leaves more questions open than it answers, it's still rather mind blowing and the whole thing is very inventive. The performances were good all around, particularly Michael Fassbender. The cast along with Ridley Scott's direction were superb at creating tension and instilling a feeling of dread within the viewer. But the best part of the film had to be the amazing visual effects and cinematography which, if nothing else, makes the film well worth the price of a ticket. Expand
  29. Jun 8, 2012
    One of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Truly EPIC. This is one of those films that I wished so badly that I was part of the Prometheus crew. Reminds me of when I was young when I wished I was a part of the lord of the rings and star wars universe. It's a strange feeling. But watch it NOW, in cinemas in 3D: 3D is really good like Avatar!!
  30. Jun 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Prometheus, the new movie of Ridley Scott, and what happen? have a some low score, sorry but the critics have some mistake because the movie is fantastic. Prometheus is an indirect prequel of Alien. The story is amazing and have an awesome development. The performances are amazing, Charlize Theon, Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace OMG!! Excellent. The effects are incredible (thenw oscar winner?). Prometheus is a fantastic movie, and yeah one of the best movies of this year. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jun 11, 2012
    Scott may always have had an eye on the box office, but from "Alien" and "Thelma & Louise" on, he has made women into heroines. In that regard, he's still ahead of the curve. Rapace's scene is a classic of its kind; it tops John Hurt's notorious misfortunes in "Alien."
    It's a different sort of experience: a stately, somewhat plodding but endurable science-fiction saga.
    There's definite mastery here, but it's hardly a masterpiece.