8.1

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Cruising late-nite cable, I stumbled upon the restaurant party scene in Pusher III. It's rare that my remote finger pauses for long but this scene grabbed me by the throat. Aside from being beautifully shot, the performance of Zlatko Buric, as the father Milo, was mesmerizing. I knew nothing of the plot or who this man was but watching him work the room and seemingly engage the guests,Cruising late-nite cable, I stumbled upon the restaurant party scene in Pusher III. It's rare that my remote finger pauses for long but this scene grabbed me by the throat. Aside from being beautifully shot, the performance of Zlatko Buric, as the father Milo, was mesmerizing. I knew nothing of the plot or who this man was but watching him work the room and seemingly engage the guests, his subtle nervous energy suggested something else was on his mind.(little did I know) I knew then that I needed to see this film and start it from the beginning. To my surprise, I found out it was the 3rd film of the Pusher trilogy. Wisely, I decided to start at the "real" beginning and ordered all 3 from Netflix. Boy o' boy, I struck gold!!
    I loved all 3 films with Pusher III my fave. These are grim stories, with grim characters and the filmmaker lets them be. These are great, great films.
    This ain't Hollywood........thank God.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 15, 2013
    Refn delivers some shocks - but not the shock of the new.
  2. Reviewed by: Simon Crook
    Jul 15, 2013
    Gritty and raw with some decent performances, this is not for the faint-hearted.
    [Refn] mixes jittery hand-held camerawork, improvised dialogue and available light to create a nightmarish world of sex, drugs and horrific brutality that will turn off many viewers while delighting others.