7.6

1. SebastianL.
    Oct 16, 2002
    My condolences to Anne Rice. Interview was halfway acceptable, but this attrocity was uncalled for. Kill the writers. Drink their blood. The only good thing this movie gave us was a new list of songs to make grandmothers scream. Of course my view on this cannot be forsaken, because I am not the only one...
  2. MartinB.
    Feb 25, 2006
    Having read all the Vampire Chronicles, you can easily follow the story in Queen, but that's one of my problems with this movie. Unless you have read the books, all the motivation for the characters is missing. Lestat's reasons for going centre stage with the band, Akasha's motivation for rising and killing the vampires and the men (not people, as depicted in the movie, but Having read all the Vampire Chronicles, you can easily follow the story in Queen, but that's one of my problems with this movie. Unless you have read the books, all the motivation for the characters is missing. Lestat's reasons for going centre stage with the band, Akasha's motivation for rising and killing the vampires and the men (not people, as depicted in the movie, but just men), I could go on. In essence, it's all just a bit of flashy vampire camp without even a hint of the depth of the novels. I would love to see someone do a proper Vampire Trilogy, which treats the story with respect. So, if you haven't yet read the books, get to it :-) Expand
  3. FordP.
    Nov 20, 2004
    This is the worst desplay of Anne Rice's novel that could have happened...I mean come one, it didn't even follow the novel AT ALL!...ok, it did SOME but the percentage that did follow it was way to small to even let it count. Most of the begining didn't even happen in Queen of the Damned but in The Vampire Lestat...Marius didn't make Lestat, it was Magnus...Marius This is the worst desplay of Anne Rice's novel that could have happened...I mean come one, it didn't even follow the novel AT ALL!...ok, it did SOME but the percentage that did follow it was way to small to even let it count. Most of the begining didn't even happen in Queen of the Damned but in The Vampire Lestat...Marius didn't make Lestat, it was Magnus...Marius didn't find Lestat until he was at least 100 years old. He was not mae on some distant island but just outside Paris. The guy who play Louis is SO UGLY!, I cringe every time I see him. According to Anne Rice all vempires are the most beautiful people in the world. Akasha is white, and NOT black...I just have no more to say about it cause it just makes me mad....anyone who would rather watch the movie is an idiot. I can't stand the fact that the paperback now has the picture of that damn movie on it...At least the "Interview with the Vamipre" had some things right with the book... All I have left to say is, I'm so sorry Anne Rice...Sorry that Scott Abbott did such a horrible job of making the movie. Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2011
    good movie....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  5. C.Samanta
    Oct 20, 2003
    I think that Stuart townsend did a great job in that movie. But I went to watch the movie not because of him but because of Aaliah.I miss her cuz I was one of her biggest fans and she was really really good as an actress and a singer.If someone saw that movie I want u to remember that beautiful girl. Cuz I hope one day to be just like her.Even if I am not a movie star but to be respected I think that Stuart townsend did a great job in that movie. But I went to watch the movie not because of him but because of Aaliah.I miss her cuz I was one of her biggest fans and she was really really good as an actress and a singer.If someone saw that movie I want u to remember that beautiful girl. Cuz I hope one day to be just like her.Even if I am not a movie star but to be respected as she was. To be nice as she was. I think that we should consider that movie as a tribute to her. That's why I give it a 10. Expand
  6. Frost
    Mar 5, 2003
    The movie was totaly awesome. i love this movie more than any other i've seen (even the CROW) the concert scene was my personal favorito. i just wish there was another movie based on Lestat coming out.
    Jul 12, 2002
    THIS MOVIE RULZ!!! I don't care what anyone says - especially all those old critic people - coz I thought it was GREAT and the music ROCKED!! I didn't read the book but oh well, and movies cant be EXACTLY like the book anywaiz, GEEZ!!
  8. Nicole
    Aug 7, 2002
    What is everyone's deal about this movie. I mean did anyone really expect it to win an oscar. I thought it was very entertaining. Sure it wasnt very true to the book and some of the parts were a little cheesy but who cares. The music was great and the actors were awesome (especially aaliyah whom i am a huge fan of). And we all know that usually what the critics hate is what the public loves.
  9. GeorgiaB.
    Mar 19, 2004
    It took me a long time to get into this movie, as well as many many playings. It's one of those ones that grows on you. I think people should remember that when you make a film from a book, not every single detail can be used.
  10. KatieC.
    Oct 23, 2002
    One of the best vampire movies I've seen in a long time.
  11. Samantha
    May 11, 2006
    This movie is AMAZING! its my favourite. Stupid critics, they dont have any respect for good movies. All they want is "normal" looking people with lost of sex, right? That's lame. This movie is a 10+.
  12. Wendy
    Oct 21, 2002
    The movie on it's own was really good. But following the Ann Rice novels, this movie sucked. It DID NOT follow the story, They screwed everything up. They twisted it to meet theur own wishes and completely ruined the story. It should never have been titled after the book because it has hardly anything to do with it. Lestat did not make Jessie and Marius did not make Lestat. Armand The movie on it's own was really good. But following the Ann Rice novels, this movie sucked. It DID NOT follow the story, They screwed everything up. They twisted it to meet theur own wishes and completely ruined the story. It should never have been titled after the book because it has hardly anything to do with it. Lestat did not make Jessie and Marius did not make Lestat. Armand does not have blonde hair and they completely left Louis and Gabrielle out of the movie. They could have at least put them in at the end like they did all the other vampires that they DID NOT identify. Ann Rice should never have allowed this movie to be named after one of her best books. Expand
  13. KayuH.
    Oct 20, 2002
    The plot was very bad I think..the queen had almost no powers at all. Lestat cannot be bigger than Elvis with that kind of music alone, don't like Stuart at all. but I totally loved Marius and Armand. I realize that they cut most of the part where the ancients show up. how sad.....
  14. PeytonK.
    Oct 6, 2002
    Queen of the Damned was filmed wonderfully - Most of the actors were great - including the "new" Lestat. But even that couldn't help the fact that the movie was changed so much that it really wasn't Ann Rice's work anymore. I don't know WHY it was done because: 1) anyone that read the books, knows the movie was TOO different from the book - it just made the movie too Queen of the Damned was filmed wonderfully - Most of the actors were great - including the "new" Lestat. But even that couldn't help the fact that the movie was changed so much that it really wasn't Ann Rice's work anymore. I don't know WHY it was done because: 1) anyone that read the books, knows the movie was TOO different from the book - it just made the movie too confusing. 2) I feel sorry for anyone that saw the movie and did not read the book - the movie made absolutely NO sense. Some of the characters were unrecognizable - such as Marius - he was a blond, blue-eyed ancient vampire - who did NOT make Lestat. But the movie portrays him as a dark, rather evil vampire who was the maker of Lestat. Also the ancient twins were not in the move - without them, the meaning of the entire movie went down the drain. Also, Jessie and Lestat were never in love - Ann Rice's book really deserved better. Well, at least better screen writers. The movie felt hollow and somehow vacant. It's such a pity. Expand
  15. NathanH.
    Mar 1, 2002
    Good lord, this movie was abysmal. I'm generally willing to give this genre a lot of slack, but halfway though the movie I found myself interchanging between looking longingly at the exit and trying to stab myself in the head with my drink straw in a vain attempt to put me out of such misery.
  16. JuriP.
    Mar 4, 2002
    I was horrified that Anne Rice would allow this film to be made! The first film, "Interview . . .", was INCREDIBLE! "Queen.." was SO disappointing. The screen writers left out too many details and storyline essentials that it should not even be called by the same name as the book. And unlike Interview, Queen did NOT integrate information from other books as well. HORRIBLE!
  17. MichaelC.
    Apr 8, 2002
    Queen of the Damned could well start a new genre: campire. This is a mix between a camp movie and a vampire film. While this film's predecessor "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles" took more insight into what it is to be a vampire and made the story very believable, Queen of the Damned is vamp camp that serves no real purpose except to entertain. This isn?t going to Queen of the Damned could well start a new genre: campire. This is a mix between a camp movie and a vampire film. While this film's predecessor "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles" took more insight into what it is to be a vampire and made the story very believable, Queen of the Damned is vamp camp that serves no real purpose except to entertain. This isn?t going to change your life or win any Oscars, but you?ll probably find yourself thoroughly entertained when it?s over. The movie had lots of thorough good points: sound and sound editing, acting, direction, pace, chilling effects and heaps of cool settings. However, it received bad word of mouth and I don?t really understand why. The movie clearly wasn?t made to be the next Citizen Kane, and that?s what I thought when I went into this film. I was thinking to myself that for sure the movie isn?t going to be perfect or a next Citizen Kane on those grounds and it isn?t. But it exceeded my expectations and turned out to be a fun flick. Queen of the Damned will make a lot of money due to Aaliyah?s death. Her character isn?t in the movie as much because she died tragically before the end of the shooting, but I really don?t understand what everyone is whining about. We get enough of her. She is in the movie for over 30 minutes. Okay, we don?t get as much insight into Akasha and we don?t get as much of Aaliyah as some may have liked, but we get her in the middle and end, and that?s how the story goes in the book. So why the whinging? Speaking of Aaliyah, I would just like commend the now deceased actress-singer for her excellent performance. She pulled it off like I never could?ve imagined. It turns out Aaliyah really studied into her character; her screen presence is terrific. She also has a fabulous vampire-esque accent, she preys and pounces very well and, my favourite personally, the way she moves as Akasha is breathtaking. From dancing sensually, flying and just plain walking every way that Aaliyah moves is arousing, erotic, scary and very monster-like. It is a shame such an extraordinary talent died at such a young age. Hell, if Aaliyah hadn?t died we could be hanging out for her on Oscar night in years to come! Halle Berry did it, why not Aaliyah? As for her supporting actors, Stuart Townsend was also very good. His accent was a little irksome at times but I very much enjoyed his monologues and expressions. Margeurite Moreau looks like a cross between Frances O?Connor and Mira Sorvino and I really liked the way she acted. She isn?t as spectacular as the two actresses I just mentioned but just quietly she has talent. Vincent Perez gives my second favourite performance of the film (2nd only to Aaliyah). He is perfect for the role of Marius and I would love to see him take more monster-like characters. I am not really sure why the heck Lena Olin was in here in the first place, but this role is just far too easy for her. The direction and editing of the movie is similar to The One, except it fits the atmosphere better. There is a lot of usage of slow motion and zoom shots, but unlike in The One, they aren?t overstylised so much. It actually looks really cool the way the vampires blur through the air as they fly. The interesting special effects don?t bring anything new but I enjoyed seeing some cool techniques used in the film. This movie won?t disappoint horror gurus either. It has a heart being ripped out, beheadings, truckloads of blood and guts, and plenty of other things to satisfy all teenage guys. Speaking of teenage guys or any guy out there for that matter, Aaliyah is a doll to look at in this film. She wears very short and sexy costumes (done very appropriately by "Moulin Rouge" designer Angus Strathie) and shows off her body a lot. She gets to wear a lot of makeup too. Stuart Townsend is shirtless for at least a quarter of the movie for the ladies. I have mentioned nothing bad about this film yet. It is not by far perfect. It has its flaws. The script doesn?t have enough meat to it, and neither do the characters. I would?ve liked to learn more about Akasha and less about Lestat in this movie. In "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles" Lestat was developed to 3-dimensional and I would?ve liked to learn more about the title role. The romance story is pretty much just chucked into the movie without chemistry or development either. Also, the humans in the film sometimes do stupid things. Margeurite Moreau?s character at one point goes into a bar infested with vampires who can probably smell whether she is one of them or not. And at the rock concert wouldn?t the audience be starting to get a little freaked out when audience members suddenly go flying out of the ground and start fighting with the man on stage? Even if it was a concert where anything can happen, even I could?ve noticed that there was something fishy going on and better get out of the place, fast. The mortals barely move when a vampire is on them, when they should be running like heck. Also one thing that is reasonably common in all thrillers lately, the ending sucks! The ending for this movie just didn?t do it for me. It was repetitive and the scriptwriters could?ve come up with something far more charismatic and original. Or could they? This movie turns out to be an above-average movie with a few flaws (some intentional) and a couple of silly turns. For all its mistakes though, the entertainment value remains. I guess the best way to sum up Queen of the Damned is that it is like an extended rock music video: extremely loud, slick, cheesy, flashy and yet still so fun you can?t help but sing along. My rating for Queen of the Damned is a B- or 6.5/10. Expand
  18. Liara
    Jul 1, 2002
    Personally, I thought this movie was great. For those of you who think the plot did not follow the plot in the book, well you might wanna get a clue cuz no movie's plot follows the plot in the book, DUH! The music in this movie was awesome, and I listen to the CD ALL the time. I dont mean to be rude but i dont know what all you people out there are thinking if you say this movie Personally, I thought this movie was great. For those of you who think the plot did not follow the plot in the book, well you might wanna get a clue cuz no movie's plot follows the plot in the book, DUH! The music in this movie was awesome, and I listen to the CD ALL the time. I dont mean to be rude but i dont know what all you people out there are thinking if you say this movie sucked. Obviously you need to watch some sappy romance movie if you think this movie sucked. And for those of you who thought Aaliyah sucked at being the Queen, then you need to see a psychiatrist and get your head examined cuz she was amazing, and her style was totally awesome. And for all of you Townsend fans out there, i want to let you know that he is the finest dude i know (ok maybe not the finest, but he is HELLA hott). Ok well i gotta bounce so i will talk to you later. Oh yea if you feel like IMing me on aol instant messenger then my screen name is Flamestarter666. I love all you fans of this movie lots, bye! ~mE Expand
  19. SidL.
    Aug 1, 2002
    I read the books and this movie rocked!! It didn't go with the book basically at all. But the movie would have been way too long to do that! The music and the actors were all awesome!!
  20. KaylaB.
    Aug 10, 2002
    Loved the movie and i watch it over and over again every day.....plus i love vampires.
  21. BeverlyG.
    Aug 29, 2002
    I think Stuart Townsend played the greatest vampire Lestat ever. He looked sooo hot, there's no blaming why people loved him. No matter what other people say, I still think that the Queen of the Damned is THE best movie of all time!!!
  22. MelanieR.
    Sep 20, 2002
    I love stuart townsend he's so sexy.
  23. Jennifer
    Jan 3, 2003
    I really give this movie a million to ten vote but it doesn't seem to go up that high. i must say i am an inspired vamipre and the graphics and reason in this movie are unbelieveable. great movie.
  24. LuzC.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Ok, I saw the movie Queen of the Damned aftering reading the book and as an Anne Rice Reader, I was disappointed and also at the same time amused. Reasons why, because I am a picky person when a movie is based upon a book. And I know the movies usually are not like the book or people state that the book is better then the movie. Whatever the case, if the movie was based on its own, and Ok, I saw the movie Queen of the Damned aftering reading the book and as an Anne Rice Reader, I was disappointed and also at the same time amused. Reasons why, because I am a picky person when a movie is based upon a book. And I know the movies usually are not like the book or people state that the book is better then the movie. Whatever the case, if the movie was based on its own, and not to a book, I would have really really liked it. But since I am a critic and I read the vampire series and I saw the movie that was supposed to be about the book, I was not amused. The Books plot was about Lestat waking up Akasha after those centuries and her going on this rampage of killing mortals and immortals alike. Her plan was to root out the male and leave the female because the Males did such violence to women such as rape, murder, etc. She took Lestat to help her when she traveled over to Europe, Middle East and Carribbeans. Then she comes to the other vampires. (Daniel, Armand, Marius, Louis, Gabrielle, etc) and asks them to side with her. Of Course same time all vampires or some at least like Baby Jenks have these dreams about "The Twins" Who are Maharet and Mekare. While the vampires are conversing and arguing, Mekare finally appears, abolishes Akasha by cutting off her head by glass and she becomes the Queen of the Damned. The movie: If I had never read the book and just came to see the movie I would 1.) Think of it as a teen movie. 2.) Not know why Akasha wants the other "Ancient" vampires to join her or the reason for her awakening and such. 3.)Who these Ancients were in the first place. 4.) Serious confusion on what the story was about, the Queen of the Damned or Lestat? Akasha was rarely in there except in the ends and she didn't last so long. Lestat has his life played out (Rather wrong too) before we even saw Akasha come alive. 1.) Marius does not make Lestat. That made me angry because Marius made Armand, Bianca, and Sybelle, Benji. Lestat was created by Magnus. Why did they have to change who made who for the movie? Why did they have to talk about Lestat in the first place if this movie was supposed to be about Akasha and Enkil's rule and domination over past and present (More Akasha) 2.) Nicolas. Now where was he? He did in a ways play (a none role) in the movie but a big part in the book. Well in "The Vampire Lestat", which comes again what story was this movie trying to tell? The violin that Lestat kept carrying around was to me symbolizing Nicolas well in all reality it was portraying that Gypsy girl at the beach. And she played a role on Lestat in his songs and the violin carrying. Apparently Nicolas was replaced by her in conclusion. 3.) The Twins. Where were they? They played a HUGE role in the book of "Queen of the Damned" Why didn't they in the movie? That could explain more on Akasha's past considering they were both alive in the same Era. By the way from not reading the book and just watching the movie, how much does one person know about the character Akasha? Not much expect she was greedy, non-respectful to the vampire code, ruled over Ancient Egypt with Enkil and then turned into a statue? Okay....hm...I would think we should know more about her and her position in the movie since it is about her, correct?At the end of the movie, Mekare was no where to be seen. At all. I do not understand why they only played Maharet. Seemed pretty pointless to me to keep only one twin and not the other, especially if the other killed Akasha and was the one giving the vampires the dreams in the first place. 4.) Jesse and Lestat. They never come together in the book, actually Lestat never makes Jesse into a vampire at all, her Aunt did, Maharet. Again, seeing how Maharet is in the movie, why didn't she just make Jesse a vampire like in the book. Magnus wasn't even in the movie so he can't make Lestat so ok, we have Marius do it. But Maharet was there. Did the movie makers wish to create a romance? Not sure. 5.) The journal. In the book, it is Claudia's journal and doll found, not Lestat's. 6.) Characters: Marius: When you first read about him he is really described as..Greek, pale, old in the face but youthful at the same time and with long ivory white-blonde hair. I am picky with characters in movies about books. I feel they have to look like what you were described from the book so it is like having the movie project what you should have imagined. Marius didn't to me. Marius was...practically almost no hair to me, brown, and ...not the Wise Teacher Marius you would all imagine from what you read from The Vampire Lestate, Queen of the Damned, The Vampire Armand, etc. Lestat: I do not care for looks on an actor. Let's get that out first. Stuart Townsend played a really good Lestat in..personality. But looks wise..no, not the beautiful violet-eyed reflecting Blonde of a Damned Rebel. He brought his own Lestat look into the movie which was fine and all. But it didn't look like Lestat. I didn't feel like the Lestat you read about or know from the novels. Like I said before, I like the screen to portray what the mind imagines from the novel description. Armand: He was blonde! This might sound funny but..I thought when I first saw the blonde looking..actor, the first name popped into my head was "Lestat" not all together but in hair like and posture. But I knew it wasn't and I felt it wasn't. Also I thought it was a female at first glance. Then I learned that the actor was playing Armand..the amber head Boticelli Angel. The Femine look was captured(Made me think he was a she at first) but come on, minor character or not. Armand has beautiful dark amber hair. Everything else was perfect. But the blonde was a complete 360 in appearance from the dark look of Armand. Pandora: She was alright, can't put into words what I didn't capture well with her but she didn't play a big part in the movie either. Khayman: Tall..and old looking (laugh,lol) not what I was picturing. Louis: Where was he exactly? Mekare: Where was she? Maharet: Red-head, ancient..good acting..a lot of make-up Gabrielle: Where was she? Didn't she help Lestat escape the concert after it was being Attacked by vampires. Alongside Louis who wasn't there either? Daniel: He didn't play a big role in the movie either actually he wasn't even in it at all but in the book he didnt as much, for they broke off into a section where it was in Armand's point of view and that was how Daniel was seen. Akasha: Nothing of what I pictured in my head about her but (Ali) Portrayed her really good as an Egyptian and dancer and seducer. Middle of Book: Lestat meets with Armand with his Mother, Gabrielle and that is how we learn about Marius. Movie: No Armand until the end, Marius MAKES Lestat and practically soon after he drinks Akasha's blood. No Mother. Conclusion: Overall the movie was ..ok..not the best movie/book based deals but it was alright. I still believe they should have not combined The Vampire Lestat with Queen of the Damned because you get a mess of things, you disappoint the readers when the characters are not respected nor are they brought in correctly (referring to who makes who a vampire type deal) Movies made about books are the worst I believe because you get a lot of critics you get a lot of "they should have done this, should have done that, that wasn't in the book, that is in the book but completely turned around) Expect that. And we all know that movies will not always be like the book, Take those Harry Potter movies. They are similar but they change some things. But they do not change something so dramatically that they have to continue changing the rest to make it fit. (Referring to the journal, the violin, Marius making Lestat, and the Twins) Once you change one important thing from a book, you have to change the others because they are all tied together. Also. I do not care on who is hot who is not in the movie. Because I read some of the comments saying "The movie was not good but Stuart was so hot so I give it a 10" I don't believe just because he was hot makes the movie all the better. But that is my opinion. I wish they did have Anne Rice involve because if I were her, I would feel very saddened to have my work torn slowly by the seams because it didn't make sense, I didn't understand the plot, the special effect could have been better. The casting I do not care about not bringing back Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt as Louis and Lestat, I wish they were but they both chose not to do a second movie about vampires prior to other promises and engagements. But casting could have been a little bit better as in..appearance, use wigs or make-up, small things you can fix not the actor/actress. The acting was good,Lestat was great, Marius was a litte more violent then in the book then one might think. Maharet was more..not included. Akasha was pretty much an alright but nothing to what I imagined in acting. (Ali) did well but I am not saying she did marvelous or excellent. But it was good. Like I said I am a picky person, I have read the books in the Vampire Series except Blackwood Farm, which I am going to begin sometime soon if I can. I tend to avoid the movies based on books but curiousity gets the better of me and I go only to be either satisfied or be really disappointed. The producer talked about how they didn't have time to explain The Twins or being in the minor characters..but then again they didn't have a lot of time to explain who Akasha was/is in the first place either. It was like a story about Lestat BRINGING UP TO Akasha.. Again.. They shouldn't try to combine two novels in a limited time without expecting a mess. That's about it :-D Later. From, Il Diavolo Expand
  25. KrisnaA.
    Mar 8, 2003
    This is the reason why i gave this movie 10 because i love it and its very,very great!!! no other horror movies can top this!! no.1 men!!!
  26. TamaraE.
    Apr 8, 2003
    I loved it! It's a great introduction for Stuart Townsend as before this movie I had never heard of him. I can't believe everyone saying it's not worth it because it is those who disagree obviously shouldn't have seen it as it's only for those interested in heavy metal music and vampires! I personally love both and i with people would give QotD the recagnition it I loved it! It's a great introduction for Stuart Townsend as before this movie I had never heard of him. I can't believe everyone saying it's not worth it because it is those who disagree obviously shouldn't have seen it as it's only for those interested in heavy metal music and vampires! I personally love both and i with people would give QotD the recagnition it so rightly deserves. Expand
  27. KimD
    Jun 5, 2003
    I am 22 years old and cannot believe what people are saying about this movie. I am a person that is really into goth, vampires, and heavy metal so i guess that is why i liked it. Plus the movie did have a plot to it, Lestat was all alone and in the end he found someone to be with him forever. I am truly baffled as to why people would give this movie a 1 or a 0 but then again you are I am 22 years old and cannot believe what people are saying about this movie. I am a person that is really into goth, vampires, and heavy metal so i guess that is why i liked it. Plus the movie did have a plot to it, Lestat was all alone and in the end he found someone to be with him forever. I am truly baffled as to why people would give this movie a 1 or a 0 but then again you are entitled to your own opinions. Expand
  28. KatherineG.
    Sep 19, 2003
    On account of the fact that Stuart Townsend is charming and gorgeous I give it 7. I am partial and unreasonable. I know it's worth about 1 but Townsend hot. Few things very wrong with it though. 1) Jesse does not end up with Lestat 2) None of the ancients were right. Maharet did not have red hair. What happened to Mekare? And Marius. He's meant to be blond! 3)The queen is not On account of the fact that Stuart Townsend is charming and gorgeous I give it 7. I am partial and unreasonable. I know it's worth about 1 but Townsend hot. Few things very wrong with it though. 1) Jesse does not end up with Lestat 2) None of the ancients were right. Maharet did not have red hair. What happened to Mekare? And Marius. He's meant to be blond! 3)The queen is not pale enough. It really annoys me 4) Lestat is dark haired. ???? Still. Lestat's hot. Expand
  29. KayleeR.
    Mar 11, 2004
    This movie is awesome I LOVE IT!
  30. BrendaW.
    May 3, 2004
    Over all I thought aaliyah's performance in this movie was great I don't think they could have picked a better person to play akasha than aaliyah she was so sexy one of the sexiest vampires I've ever seen and lestat played by stuart townsend was sexy as well, stuart and aaliyah had great chemistry on screen together, but the movie didn't really make sense to me the Over all I thought aaliyah's performance in this movie was great I don't think they could have picked a better person to play akasha than aaliyah she was so sexy one of the sexiest vampires I've ever seen and lestat played by stuart townsend was sexy as well, stuart and aaliyah had great chemistry on screen together, but the movie didn't really make sense to me the movie seemed mostly about lestat and jesse whether then akasha I mean the movie is called queen of the damned so I expected to see more of akasha, also I didn't really understand the role of the other vampires and what their roles were in the movie but then again I haven't read any of anne rice's novels so that's why I really don't understand what the movie is really about. anyways there wasn't enough excitement in this movie as I expected it was going to be, there wasn't as much bloodsheding as you usually see in vampire movies but the special effects were pretty cool also I think akasha was killed too quickly and too easily I also thought she didn't have enough powers to be a 4,000 year old egyptian vampire and the mother of all vampires I expected her to be really messing up people mortal and immortal, but even though it wasn't what I expected I still enjoyed the movie and would definitely watch it again. I think a aaliyah would have been an great actress if she was still alive R.I.P. Babygirl, I give this movie a 7. Expand
  31. MerinaP.
    Jul 6, 2004
    I loved this movie I can't bielive that it got only 2 1/2 Stars! It Should of had 10.
  32. DaveC.
    Jul 9, 2004
    Deliciously devilish, boasting charismatic performances from Stuart Townsend and Aaliyah and some very impressive art direction. Overall, it never deviates from camp self-awareness and for that reason it's a very enjoyable film. The only lowpoint is the rock concert with a dire performance from Lestat lip-synching to some lame songs from KoRn. The scene is painfully drawn-out and Deliciously devilish, boasting charismatic performances from Stuart Townsend and Aaliyah and some very impressive art direction. Overall, it never deviates from camp self-awareness and for that reason it's a very enjoyable film. The only lowpoint is the rock concert with a dire performance from Lestat lip-synching to some lame songs from KoRn. The scene is painfully drawn-out and tedious and hampers what is otherwise a very fun movie. Expand
  33. shaylap.
    Jan 7, 2005
    I loved this movie. i don't know why all of the critics were hatin on it, but i guess the majority of the regular people who saw it also loved it, so that can shut their mouths. alliah was amazing and she delivered this great performance right before her death. at least she didn't die before because we'd be losing the best part of this movie.
  34. Avi
    Jun 17, 2005
    The problem here is the main idea: starting a band because a vampire wants the world to know about vampires' existence. Too overrated problem. If I want the world to know about my existence as a vampire, I would have chosen another way. Although the performance was not so bad, it has got careless in the main script. For rock lovers, like myself, it wasn't bad. There's The problem here is the main idea: starting a band because a vampire wants the world to know about vampires' existence. Too overrated problem. If I want the world to know about my existence as a vampire, I would have chosen another way. Although the performance was not so bad, it has got careless in the main script. For rock lovers, like myself, it wasn't bad. There's something missing: more stunts, maybe. Expand
  35. ChrisD.
    Aug 26, 2005
    The beginning of the movie was a mess. The effects were a little dated, but not terrible. The second half of the movie was almost the only part worth watching, too bad you need to see the beginning to understand most of it. Assuming of course, it still even makes sense.
  36. TinaRB
    Jan 5, 2009
    I'm trying to think about anyhing good about this movie. But I can't come up with anything. maybe the violin scene. The film is quite pathetic, far far aways from the book. Like a You tube spoof version of the book.
  37. Akane1412
    Apr 7, 2009
    As a great Anne Rice fan, watching this movie made me so mad.... The first time I watched it, I hadn't yet read the book and I hated it. Thought it made no sense and that the lack of Louis and how Lestat acted and looked seemed to have nothing to do with the movie I had loved, "Interview with the vampire" made it hard for me to believe it was connected at all... Once I read the book As a great Anne Rice fan, watching this movie made me so mad.... The first time I watched it, I hadn't yet read the book and I hated it. Thought it made no sense and that the lack of Louis and how Lestat acted and looked seemed to have nothing to do with the movie I had loved, "Interview with the vampire" made it hard for me to believe it was connected at all... Once I read the book and wanted to re-watch the movie ... big mistake. I hated it even more than ever before. I was shocked that apparently the one to make Lestat had been Marius, that Jesse or whatever seemed to have taken over Louis role, that Marius looked like an uggly 40 years old soldier or something. That hair... gah. Armand had like 2 minutes of screen play and one sentence without any reference at all ever to his name. It's like he never existed even... and worse of all, what really killed it for me... The violin had belonged to a gipsy girl? WTF? Were they just denning Lestat's love? Or is it just that Nicholas didn't deserve any mention at all? I was hurt. I love Nicholas and I was offended, it's like Queen of the damned and The vampire Lestat are all about straight vampires or something. Seriously, change the hair of characters, reduce their role... whatever, that happens with movies. But to act as if a certain character never existed and replace him? I hate that. It's not even like Nicholas was a small character on The vampire Lestat... Gah, worst movie I ever watched. Even refused to buy the DVD at damn cheap price months ago... I don't want anything to do with that thing. Collapse
  38. BrianaL.
    Oct 12, 2002
    After being a fan for many years, I was absolutly disgusted by this film! Six years ago, all of Anne Rice's fans where up in arms about Tom Cruise playing Lestat, but I have to say, if they couldn't haven't gotten Tom back there shouldn't have been another movie. This Stuart Townsend guy is just plain awful! While young and relatively good looking, he possesses neither After being a fan for many years, I was absolutly disgusted by this film! Six years ago, all of Anne Rice's fans where up in arms about Tom Cruise playing Lestat, but I have to say, if they couldn't haven't gotten Tom back there shouldn't have been another movie. This Stuart Townsend guy is just plain awful! While young and relatively good looking, he possesses neither the arrogance or the attitude to portray such a charismatic character as Lestat. Nothing about the movie was right, absolutly nothing. In my opinion, this was a sad and disappointing waste of money and time. Expand
  39. MeganB.
    Oct 14, 2002
    This movie is the greatest! i've watched it 5 times in 3 days, all of you who say that Stuart Townsend is badly cast as Lestat are crazy! He is so sexy as Lestat and draws you into the film. I never planned on watching it, but I saw this really sexy guy and I was captivated by his portrayal of Lestat, now I can't get enough of this movie! All the characters were perfect, This movie is the greatest! i've watched it 5 times in 3 days, all of you who say that Stuart Townsend is badly cast as Lestat are crazy! He is so sexy as Lestat and draws you into the film. I never planned on watching it, but I saw this really sexy guy and I was captivated by his portrayal of Lestat, now I can't get enough of this movie! All the characters were perfect, Aaliyah, god rest her soul, was an amazing Akasha, and Margurite was perfect as Jesse! Marius is the coolest dude ever! Expand
  40. AngelaG.
    Nov 6, 2002
    I am an avid fan of Anne Rice and some fans had quiet a bit to say about how "Interview" didnt live up to the book. If that is so, then "Queen" didn't even come from the same universe. The movie doesn't even make any sense. I spent much of the movie time having to explain to my companion what was supposed to be going on, based on the book. It is as if the book had been thrown I am an avid fan of Anne Rice and some fans had quiet a bit to say about how "Interview" didnt live up to the book. If that is so, then "Queen" didn't even come from the same universe. The movie doesn't even make any sense. I spent much of the movie time having to explain to my companion what was supposed to be going on, based on the book. It is as if the book had been thrown into a blender with all the other chronicles and a hefty helping of B movies, then poured into one big let down for Rice's fans. Expand
  41. Ashli
    Oct 20, 2002
    I love this movie....its really good but kinda crappy that it makes a vampire a rock star...kinda stupid but i still like it...i watch it over and over and over.....
  42. SheenaC.
    Dec 27, 2002
    I think this is a really great movie i love it. It is a very cool movie.
  43. Bill
    Oct 28, 2002
    Having followed Rice's novels in this series, I am surprised that I find the changes made in the movie so easily forgiveable. Maybe it's because Lestat was FINALLY played properly. I realize that "Interview..." was a different perspective, but Tom Cruise...well...sucked. Sorry, but that's the best I can give him. This new Lestat was every bit the Lestat I came to know and Having followed Rice's novels in this series, I am surprised that I find the changes made in the movie so easily forgiveable. Maybe it's because Lestat was FINALLY played properly. I realize that "Interview..." was a different perspective, but Tom Cruise...well...sucked. Sorry, but that's the best I can give him. This new Lestat was every bit the Lestat I came to know and love in the books. Being a hobbyist s**t-disturber myself, I admire him and am extremely pleased to see him truly brought to un-death (life) on the screen. The soundtrack is highly addictive, too! Expand
  44. JessicaL.
    Oct 7, 2002
    It was the sexyist i have ever seen Aaliyah and Stuart!!!! They were great together!! i cant wait for the next movie with Stuart as Lestat!!! There is no comparison to any other vamp movie in history!! Anne Rice has out done herself! i give it way more than a ten!
  45. AnthonyT.
    Feb 24, 2002
    This movie, if you are talking about accuracy to the series, SUCKS. If you are talking as a movie itself, it was pretty good. It should not have been given the same name as the book if it was going to incorporate more than one. It BUTCHERED the story line. That is all.
  46. Ryan
    Feb 24, 2002
    Here's a good example of a film that most mainstream critics will miss the boat on. Scored by Jonathon Davis (Korn) the music is as integral to the film as the dialogue. If you dismiss the songs you miss a lot of the story. The heavy metal soundtrack is orchestral in quality and creates a "rock opera" feel to the film. Aaliyah delivers a phenominal performance that could have Here's a good example of a film that most mainstream critics will miss the boat on. Scored by Jonathon Davis (Korn) the music is as integral to the film as the dialogue. If you dismiss the songs you miss a lot of the story. The heavy metal soundtrack is orchestral in quality and creates a "rock opera" feel to the film. Aaliyah delivers a phenominal performance that could have springboarded her career in an entirely unique direction. This is a very sexy film with amazingly cool style (as are the books) but it doesn't take itself too seriously. It succeeds in every area that "Blade" failed and then some. Anne Rice's modern vampire epic has always been the pinnacle of dark erotic horror and "Queen of the Damned" retains the core vision and depth of her books. Sometimes cheesy (Lestat as 'Superman'?), never dull. If you like 'New Metal' (Tool, Static X, Korn, Disturbed) check out this movie before our nation's middle-aged critics drum it out of the theaters. Expand
  47. LeslieH.
    Jun 12, 2002
    I think this movie is one of the best movie I ever seen. If any person have seen Queen of the Damned, you should go and rent Queen of the Damned, NOW.
  48. DestinyDesire
    Aug 22, 2002
    This was an adaptation of Anne Rice's Novel. It was what you would expect from a Vampire movie. The costumes were excellent, Stewart Townsend made the perfect Lestat. It might not have been what Anne Rice fans expected, but I for one give it a 10!
  49. Hanna
    Aug 6, 2002
    Good movie. Not much like the book, but still a great rendition of it.
  50. Akasha
    Sep 11, 2002
    It was excellent, one of my favorites. But I just read the book and found out that it's true, the story is not completly the same.. But just say to yourself, the book have near 500 pages.. to make exactly the same story, the movie should have at least 5 hours lol. I just love this Movie!
  51. RaquelK.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Okay, no it didn't follow the book to the letter and no, it may not have been what some were expecting. Movies are an art and this is the producer's rendition of the basic idea of 2 books put into one movie. I wish they had not cut the part out where the ancients are introduced and I do wish they'd not had Marius Lestat's maker. Tom Cruise refused to play Lestat again Okay, no it didn't follow the book to the letter and no, it may not have been what some were expecting. Movies are an art and this is the producer's rendition of the basic idea of 2 books put into one movie. I wish they had not cut the part out where the ancients are introduced and I do wish they'd not had Marius Lestat's maker. Tom Cruise refused to play Lestat again and I think Stuart Townsend was a wonderful and beautiful Lestat who showed sorrow and anger with a bit of conceit in a way that worked for this movie. I think if you can appreciate art in all its forms, then you should also appreciate what the director and producer were going after here. Could you see Stuart with blonde hair?? I didn't think so!!! Expand
  52. Antonia
    Sep 1, 2002
    You all seem to forget there are many different styles of life and music...While in this movie everything was all tossed into one big bunch, it seems you all bash it because you do not understand, because it seems to unreal. There are those of us who live as what this movie was based on, but not exactly as portrayed as this movie...For the soundtrack, the music is great...but this is my You all seem to forget there are many different styles of life and music...While in this movie everything was all tossed into one big bunch, it seems you all bash it because you do not understand, because it seems to unreal. There are those of us who live as what this movie was based on, but not exactly as portrayed as this movie...For the soundtrack, the music is great...but this is my preferred style of music, along with many others. For the setting, that would be the setting for many of us. You people don't understand the true meaning, you fear it, scared to seek the truth, when in actuality, you are the ones who hide. Expand
  53. Blackcat
    Sep 12, 2002
    I really enjoyed this movie - and originally I wasn't going to see it. I felt that "Interview" was too depressing, but to my delight "Queen" stayed very modern, light, fun, yet with enough humanity from Lestat to keep him from being one dimensional. I do wish the Jessie storyline had been reduced and the Akasha/Lestat time together had been increased, but oh well. Basically, if one I really enjoyed this movie - and originally I wasn't going to see it. I felt that "Interview" was too depressing, but to my delight "Queen" stayed very modern, light, fun, yet with enough humanity from Lestat to keep him from being one dimensional. I do wish the Jessie storyline had been reduced and the Akasha/Lestat time together had been increased, but oh well. Basically, if one goes off the premise that Lestat is a Rockstar Vampire, and uses the back story given on him to have insight into what drove him into becoming such a "character", then his part isn't campy at all but actually rather sad. Stuart Townsend was AWESOME as Lestat IMHO and was the character that sold the movie to me. Expand
  54. DiannaN.
    Sep 1, 2002
    WASTE OF TIME!! I can't imagine that Anne Rice had anything to do with this film. They didn't follow the story, and now can't even follow any of the other Vampire stories without screwing it up as bad as this one! "Interview with the Vampire" was great, what the hell went wrong with this one? And Lestat is supposed to be beautiful... which he is clearly NOT in "Queen of the WASTE OF TIME!! I can't imagine that Anne Rice had anything to do with this film. They didn't follow the story, and now can't even follow any of the other Vampire stories without screwing it up as bad as this one! "Interview with the Vampire" was great, what the hell went wrong with this one? And Lestat is supposed to be beautiful... which he is clearly NOT in "Queen of the Damned." I am SO disappointed, as any Anne Rice fan should be. If there is another movie based on an Anne Rice book, it is going to take some hard-core convincing to get me to watch. Expand
  55. CodyB.
    Sep 28, 2002
    This movie does have some good scenes to it but it does seen like its rushed a little..but i love the movie and i feel it deserved a 6..i love vampire tales and this one was definitly a good one.
  56. AnnaB.
    Mar 14, 2003
    This movie really sucked the book is much better, and please Lestat has blond hair not black. it did not have enough details.
  57. YleanaS.
    Apr 16, 2003
    This movie was really good but of course as with many movies, it could've been better. I was really saddened to see the minor parts given to Claudia Black, and Leana Olin. But Stuart Townsend was hot as hell!
  58. MemnochTheFallenAngel
    Apr 21, 2003
    It doesn't respect the book. The characters aren't like their descriptions... Ok, they couldn't do the same as the book but...
  59. AshleyN.
    May 13, 2003
    I'm sure you all have bad things to say about this movie, but I don't care. It is full of great actors and actresses. I may not be from a magazine or news paper, but this is a great movie. Its one of the only good romances that doesn't show every part of the female body, and that just makes it better.
  60. KatarzynaL.
    Jun 26, 2003
    I think that the film is great. I admire all the actors and the actresses who starred in it as they did a really good job. Some people criticize the film heavily. I want to say to them: 'For what reasons did you watch that film!? You knew what to expect.If you didn't like the idea you shouldn't have watched it!' I'm sure that true fans of such stories like the one I think that the film is great. I admire all the actors and the actresses who starred in it as they did a really good job. Some people criticize the film heavily. I want to say to them: 'For what reasons did you watch that film!? You knew what to expect.If you didn't like the idea you shouldn't have watched it!' I'm sure that true fans of such stories like the one discussed agree with me. LESTAT RULES!!!! Expand
  61. Shasta
    Jun 5, 2003
    I loved it. i love Stuart Townsend. Aaliyah was alright. but staurt is such a freakin hottie man. i love him. the movie was awesome and it actually made sense. I love stuart's wildside in this movie.
  62. SG
    Jun 5, 2003
    i love stuart townsend, and for all you people who dont like the movie you shouldnt have gone and seen it then. stuart townsend is the hottest man and the mvie was awesome so for you people who didnt like it i have one thing to say to ya "cry me a damn river'
  63. MelissaW.
    Jul 14, 2003
    This movie rocked! Stu is sooo hot. I wouldn't mind him biting my neck ;) Great job on the movie!!
  64. EllieT.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Seriously-to all those who said it was rubbish-yes there is a serious overload of cheese. But to give my opinion look at it, although it doesn't follow the books it DOES say-BASED on the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice. If you've ever seen the Special Features on the DVD you'll know it says that Stuart Townsend didn't wear a blonde wig in the movie because when he did Seriously-to all those who said it was rubbish-yes there is a serious overload of cheese. But to give my opinion look at it, although it doesn't follow the books it DOES say-BASED on the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice. If you've ever seen the Special Features on the DVD you'll know it says that Stuart Townsend didn't wear a blonde wig in the movie because when he did it looked absolutely terrible. excuse me but Akaasha just has such dark skin because oddly enough incase you hadn't noticed-Aaliyah was black (RIP)-get over it. Marius I have to say-I found it quite easy to get into his character but then there is the fact that he is such a poor actor-thank God for Stu and Margarite otherwise we may have died of boredom. I disagree with the critics about the soundtrack-i bought it last week and have loved every minute of it they should stop suckng up to people like Jeniffer Aniston and listen to what's really out there. I'm not a goth and it wasn't really until i saw Interview with the Vampire that i became interested with Vampires. I'm working my way through the chronicles but be prepared don't read them if you're only keen on the films because they just aren't the same. everyone particularly goes on about how the Queen of the Damned does'nt relate anything to it's corresponding-but yet again if you had the speical features you would realise that the Queen of the Damned movie has the Queen of the Damned chronicle and The Vampire Lestat chronicle rolled into it. Stop complaining and see it for what it is-not what it isn't. think about it-contrary to what many people say-the effects are quite good-i've seen much worse on far bigger more ticket selling films-such as Charlie's Angels Full Throttle-but hey who's being picky? the only person who really annoys me in this film is Margarite what's her face who plays Jessie because what a lovelly figure and she gets to snog and god knows what with Stu T-actually so does Aaliyah-but I'm glad i'm not her for the obvious reasons. i think that's about it-so just get off you're high American Pie loving pedistools and start opening your mind to something that's not quite so regular. Love and Hugs! Expand
  65. JessikaS.
    Apr 15, 2004
    I LOVED this movie! It was so...sexy...and dark. Lestat is awesome and had a GREAT performance. I'd let him suck my blood if he wanted!!!! Great movie!
  66. nancyF
    Dec 3, 2005
    The movie was great, i really loved it.
  67. PEleby
    Jun 1, 2005
    I thought the movie was hot! Stewart Townsend was great and he's sooooooo sexy! Aaliyah was boss! I loved the way she commanded the room as she walked in the bar. I really miss her. This was her greatest perfomance. I haven't read the book but I will now. I would like to get to know more about the other characters. The graphics was so cool. I think the people who made this movie I thought the movie was hot! Stewart Townsend was great and he's sooooooo sexy! Aaliyah was boss! I loved the way she commanded the room as she walked in the bar. I really miss her. This was her greatest perfomance. I haven't read the book but I will now. I would like to get to know more about the other characters. The graphics was so cool. I think the people who made this movie did a great job. Stewart Rocks! Expand
  68. LyanH.
    Jun 30, 2006
    The movie is okay but the only reason it rake in money is due to Aaliyah's loyal fans.
  69. RobinR
    Feb 22, 2008
    wonderfully acted ~ thrilling plot ~ and straying from the book just makes the movie a piece of art in itself. it has its own beauty that should be judged on its own and not compared.
  70. AdamE.
    Nov 19, 2002
    Although this film isn't near as good as Interview With The Vampire it is gripping and a good adaptation of the book.
  71. AlyssaS.
    Oct 13, 2002
    I love Anne Rice! And I love Vampyres! I personally loved the movie and wanted to watch again and again. This is one of those movies that I can't get enough of! As soon as I save enough money, I'm buying the movie! I'll most probably have the script memorized, but oh well! It's the best movie I've seen in forever!!!!!!
  72. CarrieC.
    Oct 16, 2002
    This movie had almost nothing to do with the actual "queen". It greatly disappointed me. Not enough killing, and not enough plot.
  73. Charlotte
    Oct 18, 2002
    Most people do not seem to understand this film focuses on a different side of the charrater Lestat, compared to Interview where we see Lestat from Louis' point of view. They also do not realise the books 'The Vampire Lestat' and 'Queen Of The Damned' contain too much information to compact into a two hour film. Aalyiah and Stuart played the parts incredibly well, Most people do not seem to understand this film focuses on a different side of the charrater Lestat, compared to Interview where we see Lestat from Louis' point of view. They also do not realise the books 'The Vampire Lestat' and 'Queen Of The Damned' contain too much information to compact into a two hour film. Aalyiah and Stuart played the parts incredibly well, and portrayed the vampires exactly how they should be. It is a shame some people can not appreciate this film as a movie in its own right, rather than a follow up to Interview; which is what it is meant to be. Expand
  74. NicoleB.
    Oct 21, 2002
    It's the best.
  75. RachP.
    Oct 24, 2002
    Queen of the damned should not be watched by those who do not follow the world of Anne Rice just as it should not be watched by those who do and wish for a faithful production.....however fans of the genre who wish to be entertained should certainly get what they crave. Townsend plays Lestat with an credible glamour that was needed for a Rice vampire turned rock star. While Cruise is Queen of the damned should not be watched by those who do not follow the world of Anne Rice just as it should not be watched by those who do and wish for a faithful production.....however fans of the genre who wish to be entertained should certainly get what they crave. Townsend plays Lestat with an credible glamour that was needed for a Rice vampire turned rock star. While Cruise is probably the most well admired Lestat it is hard to imagine him in Townsends role, guitar in hand and belting out the songs of The Vampire Lestat. Townsend's Lestat is even more enjoyable simply because of the fact he looks stunning in his role. The movie has many strong points , mostly in the structure and atmophere of the events through out. Aaliyah rules supreme as the Queen and almost steals the entire film with her excellent acting. Alas it also has its dodgy moments. The other vampires have hardly any screen time and seem to have been badly cast in particular Armand and Marius. The latter is extremely disapointing as many may agree that the film may have improved greatly if Perez had gave more strength to his character and acted less like a camp tooth fairy. The ending feels hurried and empty Queen of the damned indeed has the makings of being a cult in years to come but for what it is ....its not that bad. If a faithful adaption of Anne's books was to grace the silver screen it would take more than one film because of the massive loop holes in the books which require the reader to have read them all in order to understand the full picture which in a way explains the ending of this film - made so the non Rice watcher could at least understand some of it. Still a treat to watch , gets better with time and has a kick ass soundtrack. Expand
  76. MollyA.
    Oct 25, 2002
    There might be some scenes that were bad, and everyone can´t like this movie. But I liked it a lot, it made me feel alive. It may be impossible to be greater than Elvis with that kind of music, which I think is really good by the way, but hell its a movie! Since when are movies real?! Use your got damn imagination, everything else is so got damn boring and real! Its nice to relax There might be some scenes that were bad, and everyone can´t like this movie. But I liked it a lot, it made me feel alive. It may be impossible to be greater than Elvis with that kind of music, which I think is really good by the way, but hell its a movie! Since when are movies real?! Use your got damn imagination, everything else is so got damn boring and real! Its nice to relax from the world sometimes. And Lestat was great! How about try to make your own got damn movie before starting to complain?! Expand
  77. KristineU.
    Oct 29, 2002
    I love the Queen of the Damned! This movie was great and it is definitely my favorite movie ever! I love it.
  78. AndrewG.
    Feb 25, 2002
    I'm no middle aged critic, and I thought this movie had hardly any redeeming qualities about it. Playing too much off the tired goth/nu-metal nuance for success, it brings the story across in a jumbled mess. The focus on interview with a vampire, and largely what made it a more charming film, was the focus on the characters. On queen of the damned, the characters seem to be made aI'm no middle aged critic, and I thought this movie had hardly any redeeming qualities about it. Playing too much off the tired goth/nu-metal nuance for success, it brings the story across in a jumbled mess. The focus on interview with a vampire, and largely what made it a more charming film, was the focus on the characters. On queen of the damned, the characters seem to be made a mockery of. Aaliyah is/was by no means a good actress. Stuart townsend was a very weak Lestat. Maurius was nothing more than a second thought. The only character that seemed the least bit interesting was the "older" female vampire, and she was in the movie for about 7 minutes total. There WAS no point to this movie, unless the point of the movie was to help fuel the sales of Korn's next release. Expand
  79. SelenaL.
    Jun 15, 2002
    I really like the movie, though I hated the fact that it wasn't folowing the story-line of the book. I mean Jesse and Lestat, what kind of BS is that? And no disrespect intended, but Aaliyah wasn't the best actress they could have chosen. Stuart Townsend was amazing, the music was amazing too, and I the whole let's-screw-with-Anne Rice's-book, was very funny. Anyway, I really like the movie, though I hated the fact that it wasn't folowing the story-line of the book. I mean Jesse and Lestat, what kind of BS is that? And no disrespect intended, but Aaliyah wasn't the best actress they could have chosen. Stuart Townsend was amazing, the music was amazing too, and I the whole let's-screw-with-Anne Rice's-book, was very funny. Anyway, it's a great film and a must for all the vampire-freaks (like me) out there. Go see it. Laugh. And (re)read the book! Expand
  80. Richard
    Aug 28, 2002
    Mostly a travesty. "The Queen of the Damned" is a complex read and would have made a fascinating film, but the creators went the camp route instead to the detriment of what makes the material interesting. Vincent Perez makes a good Marius, but Stuart Townsend mistakes preening for acting. The finale is too rushed and the death of Aaliyah, under the circumstances, is wince-worthy.
  81. LindseyB.
    Sep 25, 2002
    This movie just inspires me more to find out everything there is to know about VAMPIRES I have always wanted to be one since I was a really little girl. A lot of people tell me that I look like a vampire. I am planning on being a vampire for Halloween, it may be tough. This is one of the most amazing movies ever. I would really like to find a vampire coven here in Niagara Falls, ON Canada This movie just inspires me more to find out everything there is to know about VAMPIRES I have always wanted to be one since I was a really little girl. A lot of people tell me that I look like a vampire. I am planning on being a vampire for Halloween, it may be tough. This is one of the most amazing movies ever. I would really like to find a vampire coven here in Niagara Falls, ON Canada or surrounding areas. Expand
  82. JovanM.
    Jan 11, 2003
    The reason why I gave this movie a 10 is because the movie is very, very, very great. AALIYAH did her damn thing in this movie and so did her co-star STAURT TOWNSAND. they were very very sexy together but I think the movie should have had more of AKASHA because AKASHA played by AALIYAH came out in the middle and before you know it, it was almost at the end however, I hope AALIYAH gets an The reason why I gave this movie a 10 is because the movie is very, very, very great. AALIYAH did her damn thing in this movie and so did her co-star STAURT TOWNSAND. they were very very sexy together but I think the movie should have had more of AKASHA because AKASHA played by AALIYAH came out in the middle and before you know it, it was almost at the end however, I hope AALIYAH gets an oscar for this movie cuz she did the damn thing. I hope God bless her soul cuz she was a beautiful girl and its a shame that all of that talent just went to waste. I think if AALIYAH had lived we would have seen more films with her and STAURT TOWNSAND cuz they worked very well in that movie Ialso hope that AALIYAH winw a grammy at this upcoming awards. Expand
  83. ElizabethB.
    Jan 13, 2003
    I personally admired the writers abilities in creating a movie that combines two books into one. Townsend and Co. played their parts to perfections, staying true to the nature of the books' characters. Even in the 'Queen' book, Akasha was only in it toward the end. The only point taken was for the touch of motivation missing from Lestat's self-destructive wish to have I personally admired the writers abilities in creating a movie that combines two books into one. Townsend and Co. played their parts to perfections, staying true to the nature of the books' characters. Even in the 'Queen' book, Akasha was only in it toward the end. The only point taken was for the touch of motivation missing from Lestat's self-destructive wish to have the coven come. That could've been handled with more narration like we're used to from Rice's characters. The voice-over might have drawn the audience in more. Other than that, I actually preferred the overall casting to that of the first installment. The books, like this movie were edgier and faster. Unfairly maligned movie, deserving of more credit. Expand
  84. MattC.
    Dec 16, 2003
    I hate to be so critical, however who was right in their parts? Anyone?..It was soooo camp it was laughable. I know I'm being critical but Anne Rice was so critical of Tom Cruise as Lestat, where were her comments on Townsend and the rest of the cast, let alone the hideous script which was so muddled it never actually made sence. I would certainly echo "Luz C" comments but with a I hate to be so critical, however who was right in their parts? Anyone?..It was soooo camp it was laughable. I know I'm being critical but Anne Rice was so critical of Tom Cruise as Lestat, where were her comments on Townsend and the rest of the cast, let alone the hideous script which was so muddled it never actually made sence. I would certainly echo "Luz C" comments but with a much lower rating. If you name a movie after a book you have a great respocibility to the people who are fans. Ya just shouldn't care about a buck....THIS MOVIE WAS TRASH with no redeemable qualities whatsoever. Expand
  85. O.S.
    Mar 31, 2003
    I have to agree with Anne B, a lot of important parts and characters out; and Lestat (as I remember) was not made by Marius, i give this a rate of 1, only...because unlike interview... Armand looks more like he is described in the book... though he should have had a bigger role in the movie.
  86. ValR.
    Apr 16, 2003
    Coming from a true horror/gore fan, this movie really disappointed me. I myself am captivated on the world of vampires but this movie just sucked. The title is "Queen of the Damned" not "Lestat of the Damned" and it really should have revolved more around her not him in general. She is the mother of all vampires not him. Also, will there ever be a descent horror movie made? Today's Coming from a true horror/gore fan, this movie really disappointed me. I myself am captivated on the world of vampires but this movie just sucked. The title is "Queen of the Damned" not "Lestat of the Damned" and it really should have revolved more around her not him in general. She is the mother of all vampires not him. Also, will there ever be a descent horror movie made? Today's horror genre is at it's worst and really needs to be saved. Expand
  87. KatrinaM.
    Apr 25, 2003
    This movie kicked ass. Stuart Townsend is soooo hott!!! Aaliyah is the coolest person ever!!!!
  88. KeithM.
    Jul 12, 2003
    I thought this movie was ace, compared to the usual crap in movies today, i don't know why these people from mags rated this movie as they dont know knowt about gothic, rock or anythin as there heads r stuck so far up there asses that they only like disney movies, i liked this movie as the music was lyrics weremostly written by JONATHAN DAVIS from KORN and s a design student theI thought this movie was ace, compared to the usual crap in movies today, i don't know why these people from mags rated this movie as they dont know knowt about gothic, rock or anythin as there heads r stuck so far up there asses that they only like disney movies, i liked this movie as the music was lyrics weremostly written by JONATHAN DAVIS from KORN and s a design student the graphics werent 2 bad. Compared to what the stuck up posh git magazine reporters said, this movie is good and if they think they can do better then let them try have a try at making good graphics, and let me laugh at them tryign instead! Expand
  89. CindyD.
    Nov 29, 2004
    I loved this movie! I was really impressed with they way this movie was portrayed and I also liked that it was not all gore and sex. It actually had a plot and charming characters. I loved Letstat, Marius and Jesse. I liked the David character too, but we see him very litte. Surprisingly, I even liked the music, well some of it. Great job.
  90. AllisonG.
    Nov 30, 2004
    The movie was excellent. I loved it..but then again i didn't like it..lol..if that makes sense. It barely followed the book. It left out a lot!
  91. Alex
    Feb 29, 2004
    Utterly dissapointing. I, too, have read the novels and have many the same feelings of you other Ricean fans. I only feel obligated to give it 3 points because people who have not read the books can actually enjoy the movie. But I could not enjoy the movie because the whole thing was jumbled. So much was wrong about the damned movie, you'd think the people who wrote the script were Utterly dissapointing. I, too, have read the novels and have many the same feelings of you other Ricean fans. I only feel obligated to give it 3 points because people who have not read the books can actually enjoy the movie. But I could not enjoy the movie because the whole thing was jumbled. So much was wrong about the damned movie, you'd think the people who wrote the script were just trying to write a whole new story! It was so annoying. Every 5 minutes I was finding another thing wrong with the movie that annoyed the hell out of me. It was so unlike the book. My friends and i could have made a movie that was more like the book. And the fact that they would actually attempt to combine these two great stories into this one horrific movie reallllly bothers me. Now you've all heard all the nonsense, and all the things that were wrong in this movie, and I'm not going to go on about those, even though I am sure some of them have been overlooked. This movie did not do the book justice whatsoever. To all you people who complained that Interview With The Vampire did not live up to the book... well, I'm sure your comments on this movie are by far worse. At least Interview With The Vampire went somewhat by the storyline. Sure it left out a lot, but it was not as bad a pile as QOTD. I never plan on seeing this movie again, and I feel very unfortunate to have had to. And personally, I think Aaliyah did an okay job as Akasha. But still, this movie wasn't worthy whatsoever. TOTAL flop. Expand
  92. SaerA.
    Mar 21, 2004
    The is the worst movie ever. Aaliyah has the leading role but a very short role.While the movie was going on I have been waiting for Aaliyah to show up.I feel so bad for her for doing this movie.
  93. KrisK.
    Sep 23, 2004
    I liked the movie and Aaliyah did a splendid job in the roles she did do before her unfortunate death. I do agree with some of ya'll that the movie was boring but it wasn't all that bad. I think the movie is better than the book. Aaliyah was an angel and although she didn't get to finish the movie I think she did a SPECTACULAR job. I love her and will miss her!
  94. JessicaR.
    Apr 26, 2005
    That movie was off glass. Aaliyah was working her part that was my best part when she in it.
  95. HarleyD
    Sep 13, 2007
    If you've read the book, which judging from your comments i'm assuming most of you haven't, you'll understand why this movie was an utter disgrace, not only to the Vampire Chronicles, but to vampire movies in general. Especially considering they completely cut Maharet's sister from the movie when she had the key role in the end. The writers completely messed up If you've read the book, which judging from your comments i'm assuming most of you haven't, you'll understand why this movie was an utter disgrace, not only to the Vampire Chronicles, but to vampire movies in general. Especially considering they completely cut Maharet's sister from the movie when she had the key role in the end. The writers completely messed up the story, and strayed from the book itself. Sure there may have been parts in the movie that were similar to the book, but in the long run, it was pathetic. and not to mention the characters in the end that ended up killing Akasha were strangers to the movie and made no sense what so ever. leaving out so much of what i feel the need to say, this movie was CRAP. Expand
  96. BlackHorse
    Nov 21, 2002
    This was an awesome movie with an awesome story, it really pulled me in. The characters were perfect, and Stuart Townsend was so fitting of the role. It definitly rocked!
  97. GermanB
    Nov 21, 2008
    The movie by itself was not bad, yet it was an insult to Anne Rice's vampire chronicles. The storyline was messed up, the main character story was almost completely changed, and as a final shallow comment, the vampire Lestat has thick blond hair and not brownish as the actor on the film. I liked it as a film, but I hated it, and still hate it.
  98. May 28, 2012
    This is a delightfully horrendous B movie. I was awaiting the appearance of Bruce Campbell the entire time. Unfortunately, he doesn't show up...maybe in the sequel.
  99. Apr 10, 2013
    A solid decent movie with a vampire theme. Main character is portrayed as a more extroverted vampire in the movie. It has some nice story telling and character background story. And also some decent action scenes, but too few of them. It is not a scary movie at all, and more of a documentary almost with some sprinkling. the main actor was pretty good, and the guy that played marius. butA solid decent movie with a vampire theme. Main character is portrayed as a more extroverted vampire in the movie. It has some nice story telling and character background story. And also some decent action scenes, but too few of them. It is not a scary movie at all, and more of a documentary almost with some sprinkling. the main actor was pretty good, and the guy that played marius. but the other cast was not too interesting and none play a big factor anyways in the movie. the girl's storyline was a bit confusing and the egyptian vampire queen's story didn't get the attention it needed to add more intrigue to the overall story. decent solid movie, well nice try. Expand
  100. Jul 12, 2013
    well.. just re-read the novel again after a long time after my first book of it got caught in the house fire.. and.. still.. I am extremely upset on how the movie went.. How I wish there was a remake of this with the characters "SOMEHOW" even matching of those in the Book.. seems like the only things they got right here are the names of the characters.. But not their soul or theirwell.. just re-read the novel again after a long time after my first book of it got caught in the house fire.. and.. still.. I am extremely upset on how the movie went.. How I wish there was a remake of this with the characters "SOMEHOW" even matching of those in the Book.. seems like the only things they got right here are the names of the characters.. But not their soul or their characteristic at all.. **sigh** so sad.. If I were Anne Rice, I'd send the makers of the movie in jail for ruining 1 of the best masterpiece ever.. Expand

1. Leaves us puzzled as to why the term "damned" applies at all, when vampirism is depicted as so cool, fashion-savvy and glamorous.
  2. At its best, Queen is campy fun like the Vincent Price horror classics of the '60s. At its worst, it implodes in a series of very bad special effects.
    "Queen" is a movie that stoops to jokes like calling Lestat's CD "a monster hit"; the movie is just a plain old monster.