Radio

8.2

1. DudleyS.
    May 8, 2004
    This movie is so funny hahaha! : )
  2. HowardD.
    Nov 22, 2003
    The two hours went by so fast that it left me wanting for more. Fantastic story with some great acting.
  3. Terry
    Nov 6, 2003
    Read your comments and you're correct on about everything you say. Yes, race had to be involved and was not depicted in the movie. Having said that, if you had just tried to understand that this was a true story with a special bond between Radio, his adoptive family and eventually the entire town you could have sat back and enjoyed the film. If this movie does move you then you do Read your comments and you're correct on about everything you say. Yes, race had to be involved and was not depicted in the movie. Having said that, if you had just tried to understand that this was a true story with a special bond between Radio, his adoptive family and eventually the entire town you could have sat back and enjoyed the film. If this movie does move you then you do not have any blood runnning through your veins. This is the perfect family movie despite the acknowledged fact that it took place in the south nearly fifty years ago and we all know deep down that race had to be involved. Regardless, Radio and townspeople overcame the obvious to where they are today! Expand
  4. FredC.
    Nov 7, 2003
    Absolutely loved it. The acting was superb. I could have watched for another 2 hours. Go see it.
  5. HarryJ.
    Nov 8, 2003
    Just loved it as did my family. I do not understand how the professional critics could be so off the mark. Cuba was magnificent and should garner some serious consideration for an Oscar.
  6. HarryJ.
  7. JimB.
    Oct 31, 2003
    Best movie in years! Finally a family movie that moms, dads and kids can watch and enjoy.
  8. GregT.
    Feb 2, 2004
    A refreshing, feel good movie. And let's not be apologetic for feel good movies. We need some faith in mankind in these troubled times. Cuba Gooding and Ed Harris were both great in this film. Worth seeing.
  9. RobertA.
    Apr 16, 2004
    That was a good one. ^_^
  10. RobertH.
    Nov 1, 2003
    I saw this movie on a word of mouth recommendation. Without a doubt one of the most moving films I have ever seen. If this movie does not move you to tears, then you do not have a heart? This is a movie for the entire family to see. Don't miss it!
  11. RichardS.
    Nov 1, 2003
    Absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. When it was over, I only wished there was another 2 hours to go.
  12. JustinK.
    Nov 30, 2003
    simply a great all around movie i saw it today and i want to buy it right now.
  13. BonnieD.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Loved it from beginning to end. Yes, it was not perfect, but if you can look beyond the obvious, the cover up the "had to be there" race issue, the movie has to grab you. A must see film with some great acting.
  14. JamesI.
    Oct 26, 2003
    It was the best movie I have seen this year. Cuba Gooding should be nominated for a academy award.It is a very uplifting movie.
  15. AlanS.
    Oct 28, 2003
    One of the most enjoyable movies that I have seen in years. When it ended I was disappointed as I could have watched another 2 hours of it as it was that good. Don't let the reviews sway you. See it for yourself and enjoy.
  16. DavidD.
    Nov 11, 2003
    Any critic who did not like this should be forced to watch Madonna in Swept away twice a day for life. This is one terrific movie that should not be missed.
  17. RonaldO.
    Nov 15, 2003
    Loved every minute of it. Could have watched it for another two hours as it was that enjoyable. What were the critics thinking to rate it so low? I go to the movies to be entertained and feel emotion. If you do not feel anything after watching this - you do not have a heart. Must see for the entire family.
  18. JaredH.
    Nov 16, 2003
    Loved every minute of it. The critics are nuts to have rated this so poorly. Go see it for yourself and I am sure that you will agree that it is wholesome family entertainment that will keep you riveted to your seat. Excellent in every sense of the word.
  19. AshleyK.
    Nov 18, 2003
    Definitely a great movie!!! I cried through the whole thing. It really makes you think about life and what it should be about!
  20. AshleyK.
  21. AshleyK.
  22. LaneR.
    Nov 25, 2003
    Simply wonderful with a storyline that touches anyone with a heart. Hollywood needs to turn out more movies like this. A must see.
  23. AnnS.
    Nov 8, 2003
    It was a very great movie and should only have great reviews!
  24. RayK.
    Oct 24, 2003
    Loved it.
  25. DudleyR.
    Dec 6, 2003
    What a wonderful emotional uplifitng and inspiring movie. Cuba should win an Oscar.
  26. CRYSTALJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Radio is one of the best movies i have seen in a long time,i would recommend this movie as a must see. A great movie for all ages, Cuba was excellent.
  27. MikeB.
    Feb 19, 2005
    A story of simple, instinctive human goodness, a stunning example of personally making a difference, largely based on real-life apparently, and compellingly acted. A more complex question might be the role of professional movie critics in this drama as well. Why so negative? Here's my hypothesis: Most professional critics are prosperous, sophisticated individuals who I strongly A story of simple, instinctive human goodness, a stunning example of personally making a difference, largely based on real-life apparently, and compellingly acted. A more complex question might be the role of professional movie critics in this drama as well. Why so negative? Here's my hypothesis: Most professional critics are prosperous, sophisticated individuals who I strongly suspect have never personally gone much out of their way for the disabled or anyone else. The real-life coach in Radio - raised as a southern cracker - actually shames them. Laughably, these gentlemen and ladies offer their politically correct and/or cynical "opinions" in place of genuine contributions based on their own effort. No Radios in their lives, thank you. I'm Canadian but I'm beginning to understand why American blacks so often written that they distrust liberal whites more than conservatives. Expand
  28. SamK.
    Nov 14, 2003
    The critics have been sniffing too much glue. This movie is a joy to behold. Don't miss it.
  29. GaryF.
    Nov 19, 2003
    One of the most moving films of the year. It had me riveted to the silver screen. Cuba Gooding should be nominated for Best Actor. Don't miss this wonderful piece of filmmaking.
  30. RayK.
    Dec 11, 2003
    Loved it.

1. The cast, which includes Alfre Woodard and Debra Winger, manages to give thoughtful performances that salvage the film's integrity.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    "Inspired by a true story" it may be, but inspired it's not.
    Anyone who already knows better than to taunt the disabled, or former Oscar winners, should probably give it a pass.